CLINIQUE Happy

Filtered by skin tone : Other age: 19-24
CLINIQUE Happy
Happy

3.4

I've always wanted to know why everyone hated this fragrance so I had to try it.
Anyways I ended up buying the full size and a smaller one for my purse.
It's a classy bottle with a silver top.Clean and sleek looking. It's fresh and clean and if you wait a half hour for it to settle it turns into a warm scent.Men always ask what I'm wearing and write it down. You should see women's faces when they ask what I'm wearing.They always have a surprised look on their face. I'm so happy I gave this a chance because it's better than my whole collection of fragrances. It feels so good to wear this.

I love this fragrance.. always have! It's such a fun, light scent and GREAT for summer!

Maybe it's just me, because I'm prone to the woodsy, oriental fragrances most people reserve for the fall/winter, but I used to wear Happy in the summer, because I wanted a lighter fragrance that didn't smell like a candy store. However, I got really sick of it, really fast...as an everyday perfume wearer, this stuff smelled like floor cleaner--nice floor cleaner, but more like Orange Glo then I think a human should smell like.
If you're preferential to citrus-y perfumes, but want something more sensual, I'd recommend Hermes' Un Jardin sur le Nil, which has got some woodsy aspects to it, and doesn't smell so flat and orangy.
Clinique Happy seems like a perfume with training wheels...like it's perfect for girls who've graduated from the drugstore stuff, but don't wear perfume on a regular basis enough to know what else is out there.

Disgustingly common. Smells too normal.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like this perfume. It smells fresh and even though my favorite perfume ever is the Gap So Pink, this is nice for a change.

Happy is just so strong!!!

Yes, even if you use it sparingly...it just goes on and on and on..

I smelt it on my cousins first who just couldnt get enough of the stuff..the i thought that she was just going overboard..with that in mind i used it one day before going to uni..and have a spritz on my wrists was enough to get me through the whole day.

I think everyone could smell me!! It was just so strong. Whenever i smell it i get a headache. Even now..i still feel like throwing up coz it really wreaks my head.

It smells nice..its just too strong..maybe a more lighter version would be better...

on 5/18/2005 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

at first i liked this scent. then i got it home and realized it smells like grass. yuck.

i woudlnt recommend this scent...or to be very sure that you like it before you cough up the $50 for the bottle.

on 2/28/2004 2:26:00 PM

I really like Happy and always have. I don't really use it as an evening scent, rather during the day time. Actually, I mainly just use it in the Spring and Summer because it has that Springy kick to it. It reminds me of my high school days, which bring back good memories. Should I run out, I will repurchase! :)

on 11/25/2003 6:13:00 PM

This was my first perfume and it was great. It is what my roommate in college wore and I was really attracted to the smell.
I love the sweet citrusy smell and it really does uplift my spirits.

I recently bought Clinique Happy Hearts and love it more than Clinque Happy. It's a bit lighter and not as musky and very floral. It's very feminine.

on 8/28/2003 3:00:00 PM

i like wearing this perfume, but now that i think about it. . . it's really not that great. i mean, i wear it casually, but it sours easily in the bottle. i had a smalle sample bottle that lasted me a while - after 3 months it sours - blech. i can kinda see how people mistake it for cat piss. ick.

Popular Fragrances