Maybelline Color Jolt Intense Lip Paint

Maybelline Color Jolt Intense Lip Paint
Color Jolt Intense Lip PaintColor Jolt Intense Lip Paint

Octyldodecanol, Polybutene, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Silica Silylate, Propylene Carbonate, Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax / Cire Microcristalline, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Alumina, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, BHT, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum / Fragrance. May Contain: CI 15850 / Red 6, CI 15850 / Red 7 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 77120 / Barium Sulfate, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Mica

on 9/13/2017 10:15:00 PM

I really wish they would expand the shades and add some more nude colors! I love the shade "Stripped Down" so much, that I literally drove to 6 different stores(Walmart, CVS, riteaid, target etc)looking for more of this shade...I hate that people open up and "test" products in pharmacy/Walmart type stores Lol, so I searched for unopened product till I was able to stock up on 6! Its the perfect nude for me, leans kind of brown/taupe, but not too much, still has some mauvey/gray to it(at least on me it does) and looks amazing on my NC 25 skin tone..the rest of the shades are too bright/dark for my taste, so I will be on the lookout for Maybelline to add some more nudes to this line...definitely recommend!

on 9/3/2017 6:36:00 PM

Stripped down is worlds perfect nude. This stuff ia amazing! Bought 5 backups! Easy applicator, last well and not drying. Love formula...i own over 100+ lippies and this stuff rocks!

on 7/10/2017 12:52:00 PM

Product - Stripped Down is a nude-toned mauve on me and nearly perfectly matches my natural lip color. MLBB for me (AAB/NC25). Texture is creamy and comfortable and the finish is slightly glossy. Coverage seems pretty good. It's hard to tell with my natural lipcolor how it wears over time.

Packaging - Comes in a squeeze tube with screwtop cap, and the tip of the squeeze tube has a flocked, angled tip applicator, which has a hole in the center through which the product is squeezed up and out. Tube color approximates the color inside. Overall it's not too big, it fits into a small pocket nicely - and just what I was looking for, a good everyday lipcolor that I can keep in the car that won't melt in the summer! :)

Overall - I'm rediscovering liquid lipsticks. This is a great shade for me, but I'm not likely to buy other shades - they look too bold for my preference :) continued >>

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Great Maybelline product. Well compared to the last two decades. I have a nudish-brown color, great for my skintones. I love these, can't get enough of it. I will purchase more tubes and good shades to try. Itsoftens my lips, with a buttery feel, like the discontinued Revlon Colourbust butter I think it's called. I like the vanilla smell, like most lipsticks and lipglosses have. I love the creamy consistency and colour. On the downside, too little product, this is not a lipstain. This is a nice wet-look and high-shine, non-drying matte, and it feels like my own lips kinda reminds me of Loreal La Lacquer Riche Lip Stain. Surely high-end for drugstore brands. Update, one of my most favorite lipsticks (laquers) and this downscale is and con really is that this thing can be done in 7 or 8 uses, it lasts 6 hours, but I have a few of these in the same and different shades. This thing can be gone in no time. The money is only worth it 4 the staying power, one lippie off not enough product. This is my honest review.

on 3/4/2017 1:20:00 PM

I read through the reviews here and was really excited to try the stripped down colour. It's a pretty small tube. It's glossy but not sticky. It doesn't last very long and the colour isn't pigmented. It's like a nude purple that is very light. I might wear this for short events but not for work because I need to reapply too much. It is non-drying.

on 12/31/2016 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is my first foray into the world of liquid lipsticks and overall, I think Maybelline`s Color Jolt Intense Lip Paint is good. I`m not a fan of the matte, painted on lip look that most liquid lipsticks give so I can`t compare this product to the ones from Too Faced, Anastasia, etc.

I bought two colours: Berry Naughty and Red-dy or Not and they`re both bright shades and not for the faint of heart. Of course you can apply lightly or full on, depending on the intensity you want. I like to apply a light coat of Berry Naughty for a wearable vampy look and I`d do the same with Red-dy or Not.

Staying power is decent. It will last through a cup of coffee and a meal with a stain left behind but a re-application is needed after that. What I like about the Color Jolt is that it`s not full on matte but very creamy and sets to a semi-matte finish. (my 50 year old lips can`t do full on matte lips anymore)

I took one lipstick off for that scent (it`s not overpowering and does dissipate) and the packaging. The applicator can get all gunky and messy.

on 12/31/2016 7:50:00 PM

I bought this in shade 05 Stripped Down, and I am officially in love with the color. Doesn't get more "pumped up natural" than this, for me. The formula is rich and pigmented, doesn't feel drying at all - YAY!! - and has completely opaque coverage that's softly gleamy but not glossy OR matte. There are alot of comparisons to Too Faced melteds, but I don't see it at all. On me, the melteds all dry down completely - uncomfortably - matte, they sink into every single solitary lip line, and my lips feel like they're in a war due to the dryness! Chihuahua is a gorgeous color and I purchased immediately, thinking I would love it, only to give it away after one use. The only good thing I could say was that it wore like iron - but dear God, it was SO uncomfortable. Now this one - moisturizing, creamy, color even better than TF's because it doesn't dry down like paint. Yes, the tube is small and cost comparisons have it around the same price as TF. Who cares, exactly? I don't really buy makeup for its value - even though it's great to find products you like at great prices. I buy what performs, and makes me feel pretty. Right?? Besides, I don't recall ever actually finishing lip products, except balms, and I have a drawer full (no lie) of half used lip stuff. I actually like that these are a bit smaller, since I can be relatively sure they'll stay fresh till I finish them.I took one lippie off, only for the annoying fruity smell and initial taste. It dissipates almost immediately, which makes it absolutely bearable. And I have several high end lipsticks that smell worse. Seems like many high end companies think that floral scents are more in keeping with their aesthetic - given a choice, I'd rather have fruit. I probably won't buy any of the brighter colors, but I don't really buy ANY bright colors from any brand. I think this product will be great for those of us who want a matte - ish look without the dryness and lip line accentuation. This one's a keeper for me. I'm trying to resist picking up a few and sticking em in the refrigerator - products I love, discontinued without warning - THE STORY OF MY LIFE.

on 10/30/2016 1:43:00 PM

I wanted to find something negative to say about this (guess I should apologize to Maybelline...lol) but I can't. These things are pretty awesome.

I got the colors Stripped Down (who doesn't pick that one?!) and Berry Naughty as they were buy one-get-one-half-off when I came across them at Walgreens. They caught my eye because the packaging was an obvious dupe for some well known lip tars/paints.

I'm surprised by how much I love these. Stripped down is a straight up MLBB shade. A cool toned brown nude. It is gorgeous and I can see myself buying it over and over again. For some reason I was thinking these were going to dry down to a matte---maybe I mistakenly read that somewhere---but they don't really, and that's okay. I prefer matte but the finish on these are nice. It's a very subtle glossy cream that dries down to a semi-matte, or possibly even a stain. Not sticky. Not tacky. Doesn't smell or taste weird. The shine holds up for a very long time and I would actually like it better if it dried down quicker but that's just me. Conversely, this could be a huge plus to someone else.

Berry Naughty is a pink undertoned berry red; I was thinking (and hoping) it was going to be a deeper color (like a purple undertoned berry red) based on the packaging so that's a little bit of a let down. I wish it were darker. The color is not my favorite on me and I will rarely be using it because I hate pink-reds on me, but I can see this looking absolutely gorgeous on someone with a deep, dark skin tone. Again, the pigment and formula is on point and that's what matters more than nitpicking on personal taste.

These are most definitely a dupe for the too faced melted lip paints, and someone has pointed out that while they are cheaper, they are also half the size. Still, they are nicely pigmented so you certainly won't use it up quickly and you have better odds of finding Maybelline on sale than you will Too Faced so I think it is a good deal and value. A worthy dupe and all around solid product.

on 10/10/2016 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it. Very true color, no fading unless I start eating or sipping my cup. Can be opaque or build up with more coats for a painted semi-matte. Applicator gives even coverage. Will be getting more colors. (See pic)

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I got the color never bare and it is a pink nude color. it looks more pink. I really like this lipstick how it stays on and is matte and does not dry out my lips