no images

price range

Reviews

from

2 years ago

I've brought a number of products from this brand and can't begin the amount it totals to, but of course we women spend this amount and it's our choice. However, with a track record so great this product is awfulness in it's purest form. Pureology products. I feel they have always been quality products but Fullfyl, shampoo and conditioner were hugely disappointing. The shampoo made my hair into instant dread locks during the lather. I rinsed out and asked the lord the conditioner would help with the disaster shampoo. I had to shampoo four times. If a good quality cannot be provided please don't attach items that are not good quality. I have recently read reviews of this item and if the creators knew it had dreadful reviews it's unfair of of the them to create it. God knows what Purelology were thinking when they made this product. All Fullfyl products created a dry, sticky feel .

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Tan

HairRed

EyesBlue

2 years ago

I always enjoyed Pureology products. I feel they have always been quality products and way ahead of the curve providing sls free shampoos way before it became popular. This shampoo and conditioner were hugely disappointing. The shampoo made my hair into instant dread locks during the lather. I rinsed out and prayed the conditioner would help with the disaster shampoo. Nope. I understand that this shampoo was to provide texture but it literally made my hair feel like hay. I blew it dry and couldn’t believe that my hair went from relatively healthy and shiny to dry and brittle after one shampoo and conditioning session. Now I’m in recovery mode until it comes back to life. Nightmare product. I would even give it away. I bought at Ulta so it was definitely not a knock off. Stay away. Maybe try R+Co cactus if you really want to try texturing shampoo.

About reviewer (68 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

I should first say that to get the best results from this new Fullfyl line, you have to use the shampoo, conditioner and leave in treatment. If you do this, you will definitely see an increase in thickness. This formula is specifically for thinning hair and is supposed to increase density, which is another way of saying "thickness". I did have to use quite a bit of shampoo to work up a decent lather. This is not the case with the other Pureology formulas I use, namely Strength Cure and Perfect 4 Platinum. These two require very little shampoo, which makes them much more economical than you might think. I do rotate between four different shampoos and conditioners and now Fullfyl is one of them. I use it, along with the matching conditioner and the leave in treatment, whenever I want more thickness and volume. Just using the shampoo, I could feel an increase in how heavy my hair felt, which means it probably was affected by the shampoo, which made it swell. I used the conditioner too and left it in for 10 minutes after getting the majority of water out of my hair with a micro fiber towel. This makes an unbelievable difference. I need a lot less conditioner because it's not being so diluted by all the water. It also gives me much better conditioning results. You can get micro fiber towels in most kitchen sections and at auto parts stores. They are about $1 apiece and truly make a big difference, just fyi. I then used a micro fiber turban towel and left it on for about 20 minutes so it could absorb the majority of the water. The conditioner has plenty of slip so combing my hair with a wide tooth comb was easy. I then used a generous amount of the Fullfyl leave in treatment. Then I used L'anza Keratin Healing Oil to prevent frizz and provide thermal protection. I then used Living Proof No Frizz Styling Spray, which is always the first styling product I apply. I then applied a little volumizing mousse to the roots and let my hair air dry overnight. In the morning, my hair felt soft and hydrated and it definitely felt thicker. Obviously these three products did their work well. I proceeded to curl my hair into loose waves and afterward, my hair definitely had more volume and density, just as promised. The scent of Fullfyl is much lighter than both Strength Cure and Perfect 4 Platinum. Pureology is known for their luscious scents but Fullfyl is very light so if you're sensitive to fragrances, it might be fine for you. I am pleased with the results I got from all three products but I think the key is the leave in spray. I did use the shampoo and conditioner alone a couple of times and honestly didn't feel much difference. So I decided to get the leave in treatment to see whether that was the key to increasing thickness. And it definitely is. Although I my hair did look and feel nice after the shampoo and conditioner, it didn't really feel or look any thicker. But after using the leave in treatment I could definitely tell a difference. I'm not a fan of thickening styling products like Bumble and Bumble Thickening Hairspray, which is sticky and stiff. They changed the formula a few years ago and it's no longer as good as it was before. I definitely prefer using a thickening shampoo, conditioner and leave in treatment, which all basically delivered the same results as a thickening mousse or styling spray. I don't know whether the Fullfyl formula is supposed to deliver better results over time. So I'm going to use it exclusively for a while and that will tell me whether it's really working. Although the three times I've used the Fullfyl shampoo and conditioner my hair didn't feel dry at all, over time I'll be able to determine if the formula is actually drying. There is already a Pureology Pure Volume formula so I'm assuming Fullfyl is supposed to do something different. I didn't see a difference in volume only in density. I think this would be a good three step system for those with thinning hair. I don't think those with normal hair would see much difference. And this formula doesn't claim to deliver increased volume. Like I said, I think the key to using Fullfyl successfully is to use all three steps. If you're not willing to make that investment, Renpure Biotin and Collagen shampoo and conditioner is a good drugstore option. It's also sulfate free so it's color safe. It does make my hair feel slightly thicker but not as much as the three Fullfyl steps. But it might work great for you, who knows? It's just a suggestion and a much cheaper one at that. Sometimes Target has them on sale BOGO, so it's definitely worth a try. Pureology is an expensive brand so my only complaint is that it took a great deal of shampoo to work up a decent lather. I will definitely run out of shampoo before conditioner. But I plan on using the Fullfyl system for two weeks to see whether the results get even better over time. I will update this review if this is the case. All in all, I do recommend these three steps for thinning hair. It really does work but you have to use all three steps to get the most benefit.

About reviewer (316 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

4 years ago

Left my hair dry, frizzy, and brittle. For reference, my hair is slippery silky smooth, fine, and I have a lot of hair.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

Pureology Fullfyl shampoo and conditioner do what they promise, which is to give fine hair plenty of body and volume to work with when styling. I should mention here that my hair is in pretty good condition, but is colored several times a year, every 6-8 weeks. The products smell wonderful, and perform well on colored hair, sudsing and spreading well, and the conditioner performs well, too. My only complaint, and why I removed two lippies, is that the product formulation doesn't justify the pricing. There is nothing so very special here, not in ingredients, not in marketing, not in packaging, so why does the market continue to bear this sort of pricing? Beats me. If I had that kind of disposable income, I suppose I would spend this much on shampoo and conditioner, but frankly, there are lines with comparable products for less. But, if you have the budget, these are nice products, and do not sacrifice moisture to create volume. Your fine hair will still be in good condition, but nice and full and voluminous with the Fullfyl shampoo.

About reviewer (46 reviews)

Age44-55