Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.7

on 9/18/2017 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

(I purchased this in June of 2016)

I go back and forth on my feelings on this palette. When I first purchased it I loved it, but I can admit it was a “spenders high” and I kept seeing it all over Instagram so I was excited to have it in my hands.

I like the shades Antique Bronze, Buon Fresco, Red Ochre and the two shimmer shades, Vermeer and Primavera. I started using Raw Sienna as a base color and I like the look of it. Realgar and Cypress Umber can be a pretty duo. I don’t really use the very light shades because they don’t show up on my skin but they can be ok for transitioning or softening your eye look.

One of the biggest problems I have with this is that the shadows are powdery and lose their vibrancy/pigmentation once blended. So then I have to keep going back and building them up.

The packaging is pretty but I should have held the tester in the store because I wouldn’t have bought it if I had known it was velvet even though the color is really pretty. (but that is lack of attention on my part)

After 4 months, due to the powder kick up from the shadows I already touched pan on them, before this palette the Chocolate Bar was the only palette I had for a whole year, used it every day and it took that whole year of using before I saw pan on any of those shadows. I felt that I had to force myself to use this palette so I wasn't a big fan. I ended up giving it away to a family member…who ended up giving it back to me after about 8 months lol.

After trying it again for a second time (since about August 2017) I like it a little bit more when I used the NYX Pencil in Milk to help the pigmentation. I use more flat eye brushes to pack on color and smaller blended brushes so I don’t have to do too much going back into the palette.

I’ve come to like this palette more to play with the orange and red shades and use them as accents. Even though its not my favorite I still enjoy opening up a few different palettes and going to town.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

i really love this Platte like seriously . its very pigmented and the colors are absolutely amazing . i created a video on my thoughts on some other make up products you guys should check it out .

Check it out ? :)

on 7/14/2016 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Wow! I've always loved ABH palettes but this one is one of her BEST! The colors remind me of a mixture of Autumn and Midsummer nights! Absolutely gorgeous! As with her other palettes, the colors are vibrant and blendable. I'm so glad this is not a limited edition because I will surely buy this again!

Video Reviews & Tutorials