Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.6

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This was one of my first high end palette I purchases and I would say it was a good one! The colors are perfect they add color to your eyeshadow routine without being to colorful. The pinks and berries and the beautiful red works well together or with the oranges which are perfect for transition colors. They are pigmented and more powdery and dry than creamy but they blend very nicely. I would definitely recommend this palette.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I don’t like spending a lot of money on eyeshadow palettes...I like versatility and many palettes only do one type of look or aren’t easy to blend. I’m still figuring out and experimenting with eyeshadow techniques and looks so I’ve usually stuck to brown and nuetral shades...a bit more forgiving but not as dramatic. I really wanted a fall/holiday themed palette and it was down to the Modern Renaissance of UD Heat. I watched a ton of YouTube videos and finally decided to try this because of the wide range of colors as compared to the more orange shades on Heat.
It is incredibly pigmented and creamy...I feel like you could be a total nube with eyeshadows and this would still blend beautifully. I even stopped watching tutorials and just played with the colors on my own (which is HUGE because I am really not that good with dramatic eye makeup and it usually ends up looking muddy or splotchy) but all of these work together beautifully and I always get compliments....it’s probably because I usually don’t wear colors like this.
I noticed a few beauty gurus saw it is only for bold looks but TBH, I’ve used it for very neutral, romantic looks too! I avoid the darker and more shimmery shades and it creates a really pretty, soft look.
Regardless of your ability, this is a really nice palette, I haven’t tried the brush it comes with because I just recently upgraded my brushes to the Sigma set and I’ve been playing around with those.

on 9/2/2017 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I was using BH cosmetics (28 mattes and Easy To Go palettes), Nyx nude matte (tryst), UD (beware) and several MAC singles... until MR, which is my first high end palette.

I bought it from ABH site one week before the Subculture palette release and was afraid its so talked about quality would have fallen to the level of its "sister". No needed apreension.

No picture do justice to this palette. The colors are beautiful, soft and velvet even more than UD and Nyx. They blend in my eyelid without getting muddy.

The brush that comes with it is actually pretty good, at least compared with my "almost no famous brand but good" brushes (China, ecotools and Brazil). I would buy the brush separately if there was one way. I must be the first to say this 😂.

You have to be careful with picking the eyeshadows, not because of them kicking up powder, which they do just a little, although nothing different of my other eyeshadows (except for MAC), but because they are truly pigmented. A little goes a long way 😂.

I can't for the life of me understand why ABH changed ingredients for Subculture because this formula is a winner.

They also have the best staying power of any eyeshadow i tried over primer (UDPP, Smashbox 24h, but TheBalm Put A Lid On It was the best). In a non watery day, they stayed from 8 to 17h over primer, although fading a little from my hoods.

The best thing is that it doesn't have talc. I realized that my eyes didn't water with these eyeshadows. After searching I discovered that talc is a irritant agent and all of my other shadows have it, which may be the reason my eyes water so much.

on 6/26/2017 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I liked this palette, I didn't love it.

The shadows are soft, and smooth and blend nice. But you have to work quickly with them, because they're very staining.

Also, the reds and pink are very pigmented, so this palette is for someone who is comfortable being "out there" with their makeup. I personally never touch the reds and pink, because it's too bright for everyday wear to the office. And I tend not to wear a lot of makeup on weekends as I like to give my skin, especially my eyelids a break, otherwise I start getting eyelid eczema.

Because I have very sensitive skin, this palette made me breakout in the worst eye area (on the lid, and on my under eye area!) I have ever experienced. I had to go to the dermatologist to get a steroid cream to get rid of the eczema. Obviously, this will not be a problem for everyone. The ladies at Ulta told me reds and purples can be problematic for a lot of people due to carmine in the ingredients.

Anyway, I am not super bummed about it because in general, this palette wasn't subdued and neutral enough for me. I did love that it had so many mattes, though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

The formula of this is like everyone says it is, very soft and has a lot of kickback which means if your too hard on it a lot of powder is gonna go to waste and you'll go through it a lot faster.
Use a flat brush or a more dense brush to pick up the color though and of course be gentle and there's almost zero fallout. Use a fluffy brush or a crease brush and you'll get quite a bit.

The brush included is decent, the fluffy or blending side is a little scratchy but it's okay, the other side though is fantastic. I absolutely love it and I'm really glad I got this palette not just for the shades but because I don't have to spend money on a flat (but not too flat) eyeshadow brush.

The colors are very easy to blend, and pigmented enough that they don't become one color if you blend a lot although I could see that eventually happening.

Also very very pigmented. You do not need much and it is nice for darker skinned women in that sense I would imagine. ABH always looks out for everyone it seems that's why I love them, along with knowing I'm not using a product tested on animals (I don't solely buy cruelty free but I try to. Might as well show companies we do care about this stuff right.)

The Venetian red and love letter are super pretty, they're berry brown tones but leaning way more towards the berry side. Looks pretty good actually even though I don't really like those colors in shadows although I do have to add other colors so it doesn't look off to me (I tend to gravitate towards cooler taupes and browns anyway, even orangey shadows I'm iffy about). Speaking of orange shadows, the ones in here are the only ones that actually look nice on me for once. So that's a huge plus.

Continuing on about the actual colors of the shadows, I believe the top row leans more cool ish (or at least not as warm) and the bottom is more warm. You can definitely tell by looking at the shimmer colors as the bottom one is more golden. The top shimmer color I absolutely adore, perfect inner highlight shade and I never used to use inner highlight shades. The brush may help as the flat side is perfect to add that.

And despite any differences in undertones they still look good together. Super easy to throw together a look with this palette and easy to add more colors as well which is a huge plus to me as I've never had that with my other palettes.

I usually wear this with the essence primer and it lasts pretty well, a tiny bit of fading after a few hours but nothing major that doesn't happen with other shadows I've tried at similiar price points.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This palette is worth every penny. She is the reason I started to use these colors in my daily makeup. I love love love ...

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

LOVE LOVE LOVE!! The pigmentation is vibrant with a buttery like texture not to mention the packaging is so cute! Shades Cyprus umber, red ochre and buon fresco are most definitely a stand out forme♥️ if you're a makeup enthusiast you need this palette in your life !

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The best eyeshadow palette I have ever used. The shadows are extremely pigmented to the point where you only need a tiny bit of each color to get a good payoff. The shadows are also very blendable and buttery feeling. I love every single color in this palette and find that I can incorporate each and every single one of them into a different look.

Beautiful beautiful palette! I love all the colors and they are super pigmented. The bright reds and pinks really make the eyes pop! Im so glad my friend got me this as a birthday gift I love it. The packaging and size is different from the other ABH palettes I have, but it doesn't bother me too much. I can't say enough good things about this palette other than WOW!

on 9/6/2016 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This palette is so good!! I bought the chocolate bar a few weeks before and I was so happy with it but after getting this palette I could inmediately tell that the quality in this palette is better! Pigmentation, softness and color payoff is just amazing, the only reason I didn't give it the 5 lippies is because the packaging gets dirty very quickly! If you don't mine that, you'll end up getting a unique, beautiful and versatile palette!
Ps; the brush is good quality