Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.8

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I don’t like spending a lot of money on eyeshadow palettes...I like versatility and many palettes only do one type of look or aren’t easy to blend. I’m still figuring out and experimenting with eyeshadow techniques and looks so I’ve usually stuck to brown and nuetral shades...a bit more forgiving but not as dramatic. I really wanted a fall/holiday themed palette and it was down to the Modern Renaissance of UD Heat. I watched a ton of YouTube videos and finally decided to try this because of the wide range of colors as compared to the more orange shades on Heat.
It is incredibly pigmented and creamy...I feel like you could be a total nube with eyeshadows and this would still blend beautifully. I even stopped watching tutorials and just played with the colors on my own (which is HUGE because I am really not that good with dramatic eye makeup and it usually ends up looking muddy or splotchy) but all of these work together beautifully and I always get compliments....it’s probably because I usually don’t wear colors like this.
I noticed a few beauty gurus saw it is only for bold looks but TBH, I’ve used it for very neutral, romantic looks too! I avoid the darker and more shimmery shades and it creates a really pretty, soft look.
Regardless of your ability, this is a really nice palette, I haven’t tried the brush it comes with because I just recently upgraded my brushes to the Sigma set and I’ve been playing around with those.

on 9/2/2017 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I was using BH cosmetics (28 mattes and Easy To Go palettes), Nyx nude matte (tryst), UD (beware) and several MAC singles... until MR, which is my first high end palette.

I bought it from ABH site one week before the Subculture palette release and was afraid its so talked about quality would have fallen to the level of its "sister". No needed apreension.

No picture do justice to this palette. The colors are beautiful, soft and velvet even more than UD and Nyx. They blend in my eyelid without getting muddy.

The blush that comes with it is actually pretty good, at least compared with my "almost no famous brand but good" brushes (China, ecotools and Brazil). I would buy the brush separately if there was one way. I must be the first to say this 😂.

You have to be careful with picking the eyeshadows, not because of them kicking up powder, which they do just a little, although nothing different of my other eyeshadows (except for MAC), but because they are truly pigmented. A little goes a long way 😂.

I can't for the life of me understand why ABH changed ingredients for Subculture because this formula is a winner.

They also have the best staying power of any eyeshadow i tried over primer (UDPP, Smashbox 24h, but TheBalm Put A Lid On It was the best). In a non watery day, they stayed from 8 to 17h over primer, although fading a little from my hoods.

The best thing is that it doesn't have talc. I realized that my eyes didn't water with these eyeshadows. After searching I discovered that talc is a irritant agent and all of my other shadows have it, which may be the reason my eyes water so much.

on 6/26/2017 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I liked this palette, I didn't love it.

The shadows are soft, and smooth and blend nice. But you have to work quickly with them, because they're very staining.

Also, the reds and pink are very pigmented, so this palette is for someone who is comfortable being "out there" with their makeup. I personally never touch the reds and pink, because it's too bright for everyday wear to the office. And I tend not to wear a lot of makeup on weekends as I like to give my skin, especially my eyelids a break, otherwise I start getting eyelid eczema.

Because I have very sensitive skin, this palette made me breakout in the worst eye area (on the lid, and on my under eye area!) I have ever experienced. I had to go to the dermatologist to get a steroid cream to get rid of the eczema. Obviously, this will not be a problem for everyone. The ladies at Ulta told me reds and purples can be problematic for a lot of people due to carmine in the ingredients.

Anyway, I am not super bummed about it because in general, this palette wasn't subdued and neutral enough for me. I did love that it had so many mattes, though.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This palette is worth every penny. She is the reason I started to use these colors in my daily makeup. I love love love ...

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

LOVE LOVE LOVE!! The pigmentation is vibrant with a buttery like texture not to mention the packaging is so cute! Shades Cyprus umber, red ochre and buon fresco are most definitely a stand out forme♥️ if you're a makeup enthusiast you need this palette in your life !

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The best eyeshadow palette I have ever used. The shadows are extremely pigmented to the point where you only need a tiny bit of each color to get a good payoff. The shadows are also very blendable and buttery feeling. I love every single color in this palette and find that I can incorporate each and every single one of them into a different look.

Beautiful beautiful palette! I love all the colors and they are super pigmented. The bright reds and pinks really make the eyes pop! Im so glad my friend got me this as a birthday gift I love it. The packaging and size is different from the other ABH palettes I have, but it doesn't bother me too much. I can't say enough good things about this palette other than WOW!

on 9/6/2016 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This palette is so good!! I bought the chocolate bar a few weeks before and I was so happy with it but after getting this palette I could inmediately tell that the quality in this palette is better! Pigmentation, softness and color payoff is just amazing, the only reason I didn't give it the 5 lippies is because the packaging gets dirty very quickly! If you don't mine that, you'll end up getting a unique, beautiful and versatile palette!
Ps; the brush is good quality