Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.5

on 6/23/2017 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I can't see when I'd ever run out of this palette to warrant a repurchase, but if for some reason that happened, then I would. It's just so beautiful and all the colours work together and there are a lot of looks that you can make from the shade selection. Really beautiful formula, definitely for intermediate makeup users (I'm a beginner) as the learning curve is slightly steep using these colours and formula - but I am always happy to play and learn. Beautiful palette.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

The formula of this is like everyone says it is, very soft and has a lot of kickback which means if your too hard on it a lot of powder is gonna go to waste and you'll go through it a lot faster.
Use a flat brush or a more dense brush to pick up the color though and of course be gentle and there's almost zero fallout. Use a fluffy brush or a crease brush and you'll get quite a bit.

The brush included is decent, the fluffy or blending side is a little scratchy but it's okay, the other side though is fantastic. I absolutely love it and I'm really glad I got this palette not just for the shades but because I don't have to spend money on a flat (but not too flat) eyeshadow brush.

The colors are very easy to blend, and pigmented enough that they don't become one color if you blend a lot although I could see that eventually happening.

Also very very pigmented. You do not need much and it is nice for darker skinned women in that sense I would imagine. ABH always looks out for everyone it seems that's why I love them, along with knowing I'm not using a product tested on animals (I don't solely buy cruelty free but I try to. Might as well show companies we do care about this stuff right.)

The Venetian red and love letter are super pretty, they're berry brown tones but leaning way more towards the berry side. Looks pretty good actually even though I don't really like those colors in shadows although I do have to add other colors so it doesn't look off to me (I tend to gravitate towards cooler taupes and browns anyway, even orangey shadows I'm iffy about). Speaking of orange shadows, the ones in here are the only ones that actually look nice on me for once. So that's a huge plus.

Continuing on about the actual colors of the shadows, I believe the top row leans more cool ish (or at least not as warm) and the bottom is more warm. You can definitely tell by looking at the shimmer colors as the bottom one is more golden. The top shimmer color I absolutely adore, perfect inner highlight shade and I never used to use inner highlight shades. The brush may help as the flat side is perfect to add that.

And despite any differences in undertones they still look good together. Super easy to throw together a look with this palette and easy to add more colors as well which is a huge plus to me as I've never had that with my other palettes.

I usually wear this with the essence primer and it lasts pretty well, a tiny bit of fading after a few hours but nothing major that doesn't happen with other shadows I've tried at similiar price points.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I am probably one of 5 people on earth who didn't like this palette. I wanted it so bad too! I didn't mind the powder consistency. It swatches great. I just felt like it moved around after I put it on, if that makes sense. I would try a look and the colors would migrate. I didn't find the formula that impressive. It was very pigmented and a good color selection. I wanted the oranges and pinks still, and ended up getting the Tarte Pro. I find that to be much better!

With all that being said, I have several friends that adore this palette!

on 1/30/2017 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Absolutely LOVE this product! My skin complexion is on the "darker" tan scale, it's difficult finding warm eye shadow tones that show up with my skin complexion, this palette is magic! Super pigmented, color applies onto the skin so effortlessly. There are numerous looks you can achieve with this palette, the color combination is plenty. I would definitely recommend this palette to everyone. Totally worth $42 AND it comes with a pretty decent brush. Love it and would buy it again!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

WORTH EVERY PENNY! i really didn't want to pay $45 for a palette, but i bit the bullet and ordered it on ulta. i have the morphe 35o palette and i just thought the shades were gonna be just like the morphe palette, but i was definitely wrong! it is such a versatile palette with warm and romantic shades. and the staying power is soooo good (i have super oily skin and eyelids). the only thing i don't like is the packaging as i'm sure it would get dirty quickly with the suede/velvet texture. but other than that, no complaints! all time favorite palette!

on 12/30/2016 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I love this eyeshadow pallete so much!! I always wanted this and got it as a Christmas gift from my best friend. All the colors are soo pigmented!!!! I always go to this pallete out of so many other ones I have.

on 10/14/2016 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I really like this palette. I was happy to see some reds that weren't awful or make you look like you have pinkeye. Hands down, my favorite colors are Golden Ochre and Red Ochre. They go so well together, like peanut butter and jelly. I've already hit pan on Red Ochre and Burnt Orange, but that is mostly because the formula is so powdery it wastes a lot of product. They blend well, but there is definitely a lot of fallout from these. I think they need a little more binder. But, if that will sacrifice blendability, I'll deal with the fallout.

I wonder why some of the other colors were included in this palette. Maybe I'm missing the point? I don't know. I really like about half of the colors and the others I haven't even touched. I'd still buy it again because they don't make Red Ochre in a single yet.

Overall, this is one of the best, if not THE best palette Anastasia has released. I am glad to see the red hues in this palette. I have green eyes and red really makes them pop. The packaging is like the original Naked palette and is going to get dirty the first time you use it. Didn't they read any reviews on the Naked palette before they used this concept?? Obviously not. It's fine, though, because the contents outweigh the packaging. It just looks kind of dirty and beat up after only a couple of uses.

I hope they hurry and release singles of some of these colors!!

on 8/5/2016 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

***I only indicated that I wouldn't repurchase this because I never repurchase palettes (i've never finished one tbh).***

I absolutely love this palette. It's got way more pigment than the Self Made palette, which was a sour disappointment. It is so buttery soft and pigmented, dare I say, more smooth and buttery than the Lorac Pro palettes and/or the Too Faced palettes. All of these shades are so beautifu and unique, and glide on effortlessly. I ABSOLUTELY HATE the felt packaging though, I've had this a week and it already looks dingy and gross :(

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Wow what can I say that hasn't already been stated! Packing is perfect, longevity perfect, colors are perfect, blends perfect, and so on and so on and so on! This has became a staple in my collection from the very day I bought it! I have many ABH palettes but this one takes the prize for my fave and easily beat out my old ABH fave the shadow couture which I thought would never happen! ABH makes some of the best cosmetics hands down. This is def worth a repurchase over and over again!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Amazing formulas, amazing colors. Blends like a dream, pigment from the gods, what more is there to say about this palette. Some fallout, but the pigment and butter formula forgives all.