Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.5

on 4/9/2018 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is an extremely popular palette, so I’ll probably be regarded as a deviant for saying anything critical but here goes: you don’t get much product for the price plus the packaging just gets dirty because of the eyeshadow fallout. There isn’t much fallout from a single use, but it really builds up over time. The two burgundy shades are also too similar and the eyeshadows themselves tend to muddy up if you apply more than four even if you use a tiny amount. This is nice, but once I hit pan, I’ll probably only buy singles because other than the two burgundy shades, I have warm browns and oranges that I can dupe them with.

on 2/23/2018 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've owned this palette for a about a year now but I've only recently started using it regularly. The reason being that this is the first palette I ever purchased and I was utterly clueless about how to properly apply eyeshadow!

Countless YouTube videos and tutorials later, I've finally learned how to blend and what works for me and let me tell you, this palette makes it so much easier. The shades are blendable and mostly smooth and the warm colours are gorgeous on my dark brown eyes.

I also love that you can get a neutral look or really vamp it up depending on which shades you use. Therefore I find myself reaching for this palette almost everyday and it's my all-time favourite Sephora purchase!

I took off one lippie because of the packaging - I wish the palette had a magnetic closure or something, so I could travel with it. I also wish the body of the palette wasn't in pink velour-type material because it gets soooooo dirty. Also, the brush that comes with it is meh.. but that's to be expected I suppose!

on 6/23/2017 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I can't see when I'd ever run out of this palette to warrant a repurchase, but if for some reason that happened, then I would. It's just so beautiful and all the colours work together and there are a lot of looks that you can make from the shade selection. Really beautiful formula, definitely for intermediate makeup users (I'm a beginner) as the learning curve is slightly steep using these colours and formula - but I am always happy to play and learn. Beautiful palette.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I am probably one of 5 people on earth who didn't like this palette. I wanted it so bad too! I didn't mind the powder consistency. It swatches great. I just felt like it moved around after I put it on, if that makes sense. I would try a look and the colors would migrate. I didn't find the formula that impressive. It was very pigmented and a good color selection. I wanted the oranges and pinks still, and ended up getting the Tarte Pro. I find that to be much better!

With all that being said, I have several friends that adore this palette!

on 1/30/2017 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Absolutely LOVE this product! My skin complexion is on the "darker" tan scale, it's difficult finding warm eye shadow tones that show up with my skin complexion, this palette is magic! Super pigmented, color applies onto the skin so effortlessly. There are numerous looks you can achieve with this palette, the color combination is plenty. I would definitely recommend this palette to everyone. Totally worth $42 AND it comes with a pretty decent brush. Love it and would buy it again!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

WORTH EVERY PENNY! i really didn't want to pay $45 for a palette, but i bit the bullet and ordered it on ulta. i have the morphe 35o palette and i just thought the shades were gonna be just like the morphe palette, but i was definitely wrong! it is such a versatile palette with warm and romantic shades. and the staying power is soooo good (i have super oily skin and eyelids). the only thing i don't like is the packaging as i'm sure it would get dirty quickly with the suede/velvet texture. but other than that, no complaints! all time favorite palette!

on 12/30/2016 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I love this eyeshadow pallete so much!! I always wanted this and got it as a Christmas gift from my best friend. All the colors are soo pigmented!!!! I always go to this pallete out of so many other ones I have.

on 10/14/2016 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I really like this palette. I was happy to see some reds that weren't awful or make you look like you have pinkeye. Hands down, my favorite colors are Golden Ochre and Red Ochre. They go so well together, like peanut butter and jelly. I've already hit pan on Red Ochre and Burnt Orange, but that is mostly because the formula is so powdery it wastes a lot of product. They blend well, but there is definitely a lot of fallout from these. I think they need a little more binder. But, if that will sacrifice blendability, I'll deal with the fallout.

I wonder why some of the other colors were included in this palette. Maybe I'm missing the point? I don't know. I really like about half of the colors and the others I haven't even touched. I'd still buy it again because they don't make Red Ochre in a single yet.

Overall, this is one of the best, if not THE best palette Anastasia has released. I am glad to see the red hues in this palette. I have green eyes and red really makes them pop. The packaging is like the original Naked palette and is going to get dirty the first time you use it. Didn't they read any reviews on the Naked palette before they used this concept?? Obviously not. It's fine, though, because the contents outweigh the packaging. It just looks kind of dirty and beat up after only a couple of uses.

I hope they hurry and release singles of some of these colors!!

on 8/5/2016 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

***I only indicated that I wouldn't repurchase this because I never repurchase palettes (i've never finished one tbh).***

I absolutely love this palette. It's got way more pigment than the Self Made palette, which was a sour disappointment. It is so buttery soft and pigmented, dare I say, more smooth and buttery than the Lorac Pro palettes and/or the Too Faced palettes. All of these shades are so beautifu and unique, and glide on effortlessly. I ABSOLUTELY HATE the felt packaging though, I've had this a week and it already looks dingy and gross :(

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Wow what can I say that hasn't already been stated! Packing is perfect, longevity perfect, colors are perfect, blends perfect, and so on and so on and so on! This has became a staple in my collection from the very day I bought it! I have many ABH palettes but this one takes the prize for my fave and easily beat out my old ABH fave the shadow couture which I thought would never happen! ABH makes some of the best cosmetics hands down. This is def worth a repurchase over and over again!