Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.5

on 2/23/2018 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've owned this palette for a about a year now but I've only recently started using it regularly. The reason being that this is the first palette I ever purchased and I was utterly clueless about how to properly apply eyeshadow!

Countless YouTube videos and tutorials later, I've finally learned how to blend and what works for me and let me tell you, this palette makes it so much easier. The shades are blendable and mostly smooth and the warm colours are gorgeous on my dark brown eyes.

I also love that you can get a neutral look or really vamp it up depending on which shades you use. Therefore I find myself reaching for this palette almost everyday and it's my all-time favourite Sephora purchase!

I took off one lippie because of the packaging - I wish the palette had a magnetic closure or something, so I could travel with it. I also wish the body of the palette wasn't in pink velour-type material because it gets soooooo dirty. Also, the brush that comes with it is meh.. but that's to be expected I suppose!

I am so so late to the Modern Renaissance bandwagon, but I have hopped on it hard, lol. I bought this about 6 months ago and use it a lot. They are super soft shadows, and a little goes a long way, and they are super easy to blend! Even the scary bright pinks are not scary, they blend like a dream. I can do so many looks! Just the oranges! Oranges and browns! Cool with the light pinks! Let's do reds! If I'm feeling uninspired, I reach for this because any look I do turns out great.

I got this on sale at Ulta, you can use your 20% off coupon on it- but even if you paid $42 for it, it's totally worth it. The packaging is okay, I can see that it would get dirty easily, but mine hasn't.

I highly recommend this, the hype is real with this product.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Absolutely nothing but positive things to say about this palette. That being said, I wouldn’t say it was my go-to eyeshadow palette for everyday makeup looks, on account of it being super intense, but I definitely reach for it when I want some serious eye drama. Richly pigmented, gorgeous shades, buttery soft and super blendable...., everything you want from a quality eyeshadow palette. Worth every penny! 👌🏼

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really love these colours. They are absolutely gorgeous. Despite being oft-imitated, this is the still the best out of all the red-based palettes I've tried. The only reason I deducted a lippie is that some of the shadows do have fallout and I don't find the oranges to be quite as blendable as I'd like. Other than that, I have no complaints and I'd still buy this again.

on 2/10/2018 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Price-$42.00 which I think is a great price for this palette. I LOVE this palette! A LOT! I would definitely repurchase
I'm not sure why some of the reviews here on MUA are so bad but on Influenster it has 4.89 based on 19,874 reviews. That's pretty darn high.

14 shades include (descriptions from Ulta website):
• Tempera (velvety beige w/ an ultra-matte finish)
• Golden Ochre (earthy yellow w/ an ultra-matte finish)
• Vermeer (iridescent shell w/ a metallic finish)
• Buon Fresco (antique lavender w/ an ultra- matte finish)
• Antique Bronze (metallic sable w/ a satin finish)
• Love Letter (raspberry w/ an ultra-matte finish)
• Cyprus Umber (dark coffee w/ an ultra-matte finish)
• Raw Sienna (neutral amber w/ an ultra-matte finish)
• Burnt Orange (deep orange w/ an ultra-matte finish)
• Primavera (shimmery gold dust w/ an ultra-matte finish)
• Red Ochre (sienna w/ an ultra-matte finish)
• Venetian Red (crimson w/ an ultra-matte finish)
• Warm Taupe (earthy gray w/ an ultra-matte finish)
• Realgar (brick w/ an ultra-matte finish)

It comes with a double ended brush one end to apply the shadows and one end to blend. It’s actually a pretty decent brush and I use it sometimes. The palette is sturdy, has a magnetic closure works well, the names of the colors are on each color, which I really appreciate but it has the suede type of material that will get dirty easily. One of my other favorite palettes has the same material, my It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Vol I. I put both of these palettes back in the box when I am finished using them and they are stay clean but if you toss them in your makeup drawer out of the box, they will get nasty looking over time.

I absolutely love this pallet and almost all the colors in it. I can create so many different looks and the colors all look so nice with each other. I really love golden ochre, I’m going to run out of it first because I usually start with it as my transition color and I use it when I use other palettes too. I don’t find they have anymore fallout than any other mattes. The formula is silky, so smooth and they are well pigmented. One color, the darkest, Cypress Umber is insanely pigmented and soft. I mean you really have to just barely touch it with your brush then tap it off or it can be a bit hard to work with if you didn’t want a really it to be that dark where you apply it. I use it mostly with a push brush to tight line my upper lashes and sometimes very sparingly on the outer corner. One good thing about these is that the shades are very buildable but also very blendable and moveable, so if you get too much you can blend with a good brush and all will be well.

I like every color in this pallet. I wish they were all available as singles but only 3 of them are available, warm taupe, burnt orange (which I already have) and buon fresco.

I don’t find that any of them oxidize and they apply so easily and blend like a dream. Less is more with these. It just takes a little and I tap, tap tap. If applied and blended right, and you take your time, they never look muddy and look so beautiful on the eyes. I had really not expected to love this as much as I do but on days I don’t use it and use something else, I’m still wanting to grab it and use it. I can do a soft, everyday look with the lighter shades or if I wanted to, I could go crazy and do a super bold look (which I rarely do). I love all of the red & cranberry tones, none of them give me that sick pink red eye look. I usually use them only on the outer corner but have used them on the lid blending until they are sheerer. The 2 shimmers can be kind of hard to work with. Once you apply, if you add more, it removes the first application, they are hard to build up unless you wet your brush, then they are very intense.

The possibilities are many and they always look nice and not over done for an every day look. I use buon fresco a lot as transition and on the lid when I want a cooler toned look. It looks pretty as a transition shade with Vermeer on the lid and love letter on the outer corner and on the outer part of the crease then blended very slightly into the rest of the crease fading toward inner part of the crease. A simple understated ever day look.

I definitely understand the hype over this palette and this time I think it is well deserved. The colors are all beautiful, silky smooth, blend seamlessly and last all day long. I would take this over any of the Naked palettes any day due to their lack of mattes.

on 2/8/2018 2:56:00 PM

Do you like cranberry eyeshadow?

Do you like warm midtone mattes? And appreciate a bunch all in one place?

I can see why this palette has mass appeal. But I swear this is the most overhyped thing..

There's two shimmers and one satin shade. The rest are matte. If you appreciate shimmers in a palette (and I do) be forewarned these SUCK!

All the work was put into the matte shades and the shimmers just seemed like a gratuitous add on w no thought in quality what-so-ever. They blended away if applied dry. They needed to be applied wet (NEEDED to be applied wet) just to show up at all. Then if you wanted to build them up-- impossible. The second layer took off the first layer. So annoying!!

Tempura, the satin shade was better in quality compared to the gold and champagne shimmer shade (names escape me). And that's not to mention they're literally the same kind of shades found in every palette ever-- a pale gold and a pinky/peachy toned champagne reminiscent of UD sin... yawn.

No black and one deepish toned warm brown-- so to add depth to any look you are confined to Cyprus umber-- so that doesn't leave a lot of versatility-- it isn't that deep of a shade and again, there's only one shade like that. I hated having to reach for it to deepen up every single last look bc the end result was just always the same.

I couldn't get inspired to use this palette. I would try to make neutral looks. None of the mattes seemed to work on the lid-- the shimmers were unusable. So it's like I'd put tempura on the lid--- try to add some dimension w the mattes. Or foil the shimmers to make them usable. It was always more work than it was worth. Instead of 2-3 shades I'd reach for 6 shades just to make something look cohesive and dimensional. Then they'd all just end up blending together. The shadows didn't fade, but they just blended. I never felt like I had a good makeup day when I tried it.

I returned it just under the 60 days and I was so grateful I didn't wind up keeping it.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Believe the hype for this one!

When I first got it, I wasn't sure if I'd be able to use this on an everyday basis, however it's a lot more versatile than I originally thought. These are honestly some of the best eyeshadows I've ever used. They're extremely creamy and pigmented- lightly dipping your brush into the pan is usually sufficient. They apply so smoothly and blend seamlessly- they pretty much do the work for you! Every single shade in this palette is beautiful. I'm really happy that red tones are a thing.

My favorite color in this palette is Antique Bronze- it's so unique and absolutely stunning. I get tons of compliments when I wear it, and I'd say it's a pretty universally flattering shade. I like to put this all over my lid with Cyprus Umber on the outer corner and Buon Fresco to blend it out.

The only bad thing is that a lot of the shades do have fall out, and there's a good amount of kick back in the pans. However, when shadows are this pigmented, it's to be expected. Like I mentioned, you don't even need to load up your brush with a lot of eyeshadow so it's not a huge problem.

Don't be intimidated by these colors- play around with them, try different looks! It's really worth the price, and I believe that Anastasia Beverly Hills makes some of the best eyeshadows on the market.

on 1/22/2018 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a gorgeous palette! At first glance I thought the colors would not work on me since there was so much pink/red and figured it would make me look like I had an infected eye but I was wrong. The colors are surprisingly wearable and blend together so well. They are very pigmented and smooth but a few of the shades, namely golden ochre, are powdery and kick up a lot of fall out but just be gentle with it and you should have no issues. The brush provided is 50/50. The flat, shader end is soft and works well whereas the opposite blender end is terrible (super rough). Overall, I think this is a great palette.

on 1/8/2018 2:46:00 PM

This was a gift from my husband. The salesperson steered him to this palette and I am so happy he did. I love how pigmented the colors are. What you see is what you get. They blend well and look fantastic on. Buy this palettte.

love the pigment of the shadows. don't be concerned with the fallout it's worth it with the amount of pigment. packaging is velvet which feels lux at first but gets dirty fast :/