Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.6

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This palette was so hyped up that I decided to hop onto the bandwagon. I bought MR in April 2017, and fastforward , 6 months later, I have only used it like 3 times.The first time I used this palette, the powder kickback was so bad that it turned me off straightaway. (for your reference , I used Zoeva No.221 brush. ) I felt like I am losing more product due to the kickback and fall out than the amount used on my eyes. I like how blendable these eyeshadows are, but I really can't stand the fallout and kickback.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I truly enjoy this palette. Despite the crazy fallout, this palette is crazy pigmented and very easy to blend, hence the hype. I am particularly very picky when it comes to colour selection, and this palette offers you an actual variety of warm-pink-ish colour range, which is the current trend and right up my alley. My favourite shades are Tempera for highlight, Burnt Orange and Raw Sienna for transition colour, Red Ochre and Love letter on the lid and Cyprus Umber for outer corner (fancy names, right).

However, one lippie off for the packaging because it is not the most wise packaging. Like, if I create an eyeshadow palette with crazy pigmentation and fallout, suede would not be my first choice? Or my choice at all?

I do really appreciate the brush. The packing brush is dense and soft, while the blending brush isn't as soft, it is still very usable.

This is another much hyped about eyeshadow palette on Youtube. I finally gave in to the hype a month ago and tried it out for about handful of times and I have to agree with the positive reviews - this is such an amazing palette! You would really enjoy this palette if you love your warmed toned eyeshadows, but unlike other organge/brown/gold combinations that have been done to death by other brands, they threw in some gorgeous rich pink/cranberry/red shades that may seem intimidating at first, but look absolutely gorgeous on. I love how versatile this palette is, you can do a very basic look to full on glam and there is a lot of possibilities.

The formula of these eyeshadows are so pigmented - I only need to dab my brushes (never had to swirl) and I get tons of pigment. The colors are easy to blend but don't get muddy. I cannot comment on the staying power because I also have my primer on so they stay all day.

The only thing I am not crazy about is the packaging. It looks beautiful, but I wish they didn't make it in suede it gets dirty real quickly. I am so bummed about this because that means I won't be taking it with me while I travel.

Overall very pleased with my purchase and I would definitely recommend.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

ONE OF THE BEST WARM TONE PALETTE I HAVE
you want an orange-ish look? there you go
you want a reddish look? there you go
You can create tons of looks with this palette from daily to glam look.
easy to blend, pigmentation is great, color selection is amazing
the brush is quite helpful
but i just don't really like the material of the packaging, I mean why would you pick this kind of packaging for a great product like this :/

So the only downside is the packaging, for the product itself it's worth your money if you love warm tone palette.

on 4/17/2017 8:07:00 PM

I've used makeup for long enough to know that this product doesn't work for me. I never thought that would be what my review was for this product, if I'm being honest. And the price was right too - I purchased this off during my $25 VIB Coupon event.

The colours are BEAUTIFUL. I have collected many red eyeshadows over the years, from Shu Uemura, Anna Sui, and Etude House. Finally, a lovely red palette from the American market.

The texture is blendable, smooth, and gorgeous. The shimmers are lovely, mattes are easy to use, however-- The shadow formula simply doesn't last on me. I've rarely had this occur, and my routine with my eye primers and bases haven't failed me before. I'm a firm believer in the fact that I should not have to work extremely hard to have an eyeshadow to work for me, especially when I have such a large stash.

I will use this palette, however I will not repurchase as the formula doesn't work on me. Beautiful if it does work for you.

on 2/20/2017 7:58:00 AM

got this pallete last week and have used it daily ever since...it's definitely worth the hype. colours are amazing soft and blendable... buy it :)

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

WORTH EVERY PENNY! i really didn't want to pay $45 for a palette, but i bit the bullet and ordered it on ulta. i have the morphe 35o palette and i just thought the shades were gonna be just like the morphe palette, but i was definitely wrong! it is such a versatile palette with warm and romantic shades. and the staying power is soooo good (i have super oily skin and eyelids). the only thing i don't like is the packaging as i'm sure it would get dirty quickly with the suede/velvet texture. but other than that, no complaints! all time favorite palette!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The best eyeshadow palette I have ever used. The shadows are extremely pigmented to the point where you only need a tiny bit of each color to get a good payoff. The shadows are also very blendable and buttery feeling. I love every single color in this palette and find that I can incorporate each and every single one of them into a different look.

on 12/14/2016 7:29:00 AM

The quality of the eyeshadows are absolutely amazing. Super blendable and pigmented. All you need is just a tap on the eyeshadow and it'll show up on your lids. I never use eye primer and this eyeshadow was able to last for full 8 hours of both outdoor and indoor activity.

I really love the colour selections in the palette, it lets your create a wide variety of looks from it. From neutral to smoky , you can count on this palette. Love how it includes some reds to let you add a pop of colour to your eyes instead of just entire palette of neutrals which is sometimes a bit of boring tbh. I find myself reaching for this palette everyday ever since I got it.

Only con is the velvet fabric packaging which will stain super easily. I had to store it in the box that came with it to make sure it stays nice and clean. Hopefully they would revamp the packaging in the future since I am definitely going to repurchase it once I use it up.

on 11/13/2016 6:56:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This palette has changed my makeup game and am so pleased I bought this. All the colours are all smooth, buttery and work very well together. I have been playing with this palette and love how versatile it is. I have also found that I am able to apply this without primer and it stayed on for 8 hours which is probably the best wear I've had from any eyeshadow without primer. After owning this palette my other eyeshadows have been less used and for good reason. The ABH MR have some of the best shadows in right now. If I could criticise this palette I would say the pink velvet packaging is not practical as it's prone to get dirty and the brush provided here is just ok. Other than that this is a great product and would definitely recommend to others.