Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.5

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

All in all, it is a great eyeshadow palette. The colours are all warm and in right now. Great pigmentation

on 12/10/2017 10:03:00 PM

The Modern Renaissance is one of my most-used palettes. The pinks and reds are a nice way of adding colours to an everyday look. Antique Bronze is a well loved shade as it is the perfect colour to deepen the outer V (&raw sienna is also used as my transition shade).
For my NC25-30 skin-tone, I don't tend to use the 'Tempera', 'Golden Ochre' and 'Buon Fresco' as they barely show up on me and/or look dirty on my eyelids. This is a rather powdery palette but if applied slowly and in the steps of: 'grab a little bit of pigment, press onto lid, blend, add a bit more pigment, press onto lid, blend' you can easily build it up to your desired look. It is very fun to play with however I do only tend to use 5/6 of the shades. I find that 'Venetian Red' is just a mixture of 'Love Letter' and 'Red Ochre' and so I don't tend to use it. I do like the sleek packaging, however it does collect dirt and much of the kickback from the powdery-ness of the shadows. The brush is standard but gets dirty very quickly. Nice to have a mirror but I don't tend to use it. I like the shimmery shades 'Primavera' and 'Vermeer' as a highlighting the inner corner shade.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This palette was so hyped up that I decided to hop onto the bandwagon. I bought MR in April 2017, and fastforward , 6 months later, I have only used it like 3 times.The first time I used this palette, the powder kickback was so bad that it turned me off straightaway. (for your reference , I used Zoeva No.221 brush. ) I felt like I am losing more product due to the kickback and fall out than the amount used on my eyes. I like how blendable these eyeshadows are, but I really can't stand the fallout and kickback.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I truly enjoy this palette. Despite the crazy fallout, this palette is crazy pigmented and very easy to blend, hence the hype. I am particularly very picky when it comes to colour selection, and this palette offers you an actual variety of warm-pink-ish colour range, which is the current trend and right up my alley. My favourite shades are Tempera for highlight, Burnt Orange and Raw Sienna for transition colour, Red Ochre and Love letter on the lid and Cyprus Umber for outer corner (fancy names).

However, one lippie off for the packaging because it is not the most wise packaging. Mine is dirty within days, and I barely even touched it. If I create an eyeshadow palette with crazy pigmentation and fallout, suede would not be my material of choice.

I do really appreciate the brush. The packing brush is dense and soft, while the blending brush isn't as soft, it is still very usable.

This is another much hyped about eyeshadow palette on Youtube. I finally gave in to the hype a month ago and tried it out for about handful of times and I have to agree with the positive reviews - this is such an amazing palette! You would really enjoy this palette if you love your warmed toned eyeshadows, but unlike other organge/brown/gold combinations that have been done to death by other brands, they threw in some gorgeous rich pink/cranberry/red shades that may seem intimidating at first, but look absolutely gorgeous on. I love how versatile this palette is, you can do a very basic look to full on glam and there is a lot of possibilities.

The formula of these eyeshadows are so pigmented - I only need to dab my brushes (never had to swirl) and I get tons of pigment. The colors are easy to blend but don't get muddy. I cannot comment on the staying power because I also have my primer on so they stay all day.

The only thing I am not crazy about is the packaging. It looks beautiful, but I wish they didn't make it in suede it gets dirty real quickly. I am so bummed about this because that means I won't be taking it with me while I travel.

Overall very pleased with my purchase and I would definitely recommend.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

ONE OF THE BEST WARM TONE PALETTE I HAVE
you want an orange-ish look? there you go
you want a reddish look? there you go
You can create tons of looks with this palette from daily to glam look.
easy to blend, pigmentation is great, color selection is amazing
the brush is quite helpful
but i just don't really like the material of the packaging, I mean why would you pick this kind of packaging for a great product like this :/

So the only downside is the packaging, for the product itself it's worth your money if you love warm tone palette.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

The formula of this is like everyone says it is, very soft and has a lot of kickback which means if your too hard on it a lot of powder is gonna go to waste and you'll go through it a lot faster.
Use a flat brush or a more dense brush to pick up the color though and of course be gentle and there's almost zero fallout. Use a fluffy brush or a crease brush and you'll get quite a bit.

The brush included is decent, the fluffy or blending side is a little scratchy but it's okay, the other side though is fantastic. I absolutely love it and I'm really glad I got this palette not just for the shades but because I don't have to spend money on a flat (but not too flat) eyeshadow brush.

The colors are very easy to blend, and pigmented enough that they don't become one color if you blend a lot although I could see that eventually happening.

Also very very pigmented. You do not need much and it is nice for darker skinned women in that sense I would imagine. ABH always looks out for everyone it seems that's why I love them, along with knowing I'm not using a product tested on animals (I don't solely buy cruelty free but I try to. Might as well show companies we do care about this stuff right.)

The Venetian red and love letter are super pretty, they're berry brown tones but leaning way more towards the berry side. Looks pretty good actually even though I don't really like those colors in shadows although I do have to add other colors so it doesn't look off to me (I tend to gravitate towards cooler taupes and browns anyway, even orangey shadows I'm iffy about). Speaking of orange shadows, the ones in here are the only ones that actually look nice on me for once. So that's a huge plus.

Continuing on about the actual colors of the shadows, I believe the top row leans more cool ish (or at least not as warm) and the bottom is more warm. You can definitely tell by looking at the shimmer colors as the bottom one is more golden. The top shimmer color I absolutely adore, perfect inner highlight shade and I never used to use inner highlight shades. The brush may help as the flat side is perfect to add that.

And despite any differences in undertones they still look good together. Super easy to throw together a look with this palette and easy to add more colors as well which is a huge plus to me as I've never had that with my other palettes.

I usually wear this with the essence primer and it lasts pretty well, a tiny bit of fading after a few hours but nothing major that doesn't happen with other shadows I've tried at similiar price points.

on 4/17/2017 8:07:00 PM

I've used makeup for long enough to know that this product doesn't work for me. I never thought that would be what my review was for this product, if I'm being honest. And the price was right too - I purchased this off during my $25 VIB Coupon event.

The colours are BEAUTIFUL. I have collected many red eyeshadows over the years, from Shu Uemura, Anna Sui, and Etude House. Finally, a lovely red palette from the American market.

The texture is blendable, smooth, and gorgeous. The shimmers are lovely, mattes are easy to use, however-- The shadow formula simply doesn't last on me. I've rarely had this occur, and my routine with my eye primers and bases haven't failed me before. I'm a firm believer in the fact that I should not have to work extremely hard to have an eyeshadow to work for me, especially when I have such a large stash.

I will use this palette, however I will not repurchase as the formula doesn't work on me. Beautiful if it does work for you.

on 2/20/2017 7:58:00 AM

got this pallete last week and have used it daily ever since...it's definitely worth the hype. colours are amazing soft and blendable... buy it :)

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

WORTH EVERY PENNY! i really didn't want to pay $45 for a palette, but i bit the bullet and ordered it on ulta. i have the morphe 35o palette and i just thought the shades were gonna be just like the morphe palette, but i was definitely wrong! it is such a versatile palette with warm and romantic shades. and the staying power is soooo good (i have super oily skin and eyelids). the only thing i don't like is the packaging as i'm sure it would get dirty quickly with the suede/velvet texture. but other than that, no complaints! all time favorite palette!

Popular Palettes