Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.5

Holy Grail pallet at the moment...I'm so in love. I've already created multiple looks with this. My favorite colors in the pallet so far are primavera and burnt orange...but I can create tons of looks with all the colors. They're easily blendable and very pigmented. I would describe the texture as velvety...definently not chalky at all. Whatever you do dip the brush in the eyeshadow.DO NOT SWIPE!!! Only concern i have is the fallout. Now let's talk packaging. I love it but it's velvet so I'm so scared to leave it out of the box because I have very furry animals and their hair sticks to everything. Anyway I swear by the pallet and it's definitely a staple in my collection.

such pretty, pigmented shades! im not a fan of the velvet packaging, but its whatever. eyeshadows are bendable and have good staying power. there is a lot of kickback but i dont really care because the shadows are so good and soft!

on 4/12/2018 11:22:00 PM

My relationship with ABH eyeshadows has been an iffy one. The quality is great. Packaging average. Price too high, imo. There are so many amazing dupes now, I can't justify the price. The color selection is nice, but incredibly common. I've purchased 3 ABH palettes. I've returned them all. Not bc they are bad but because they don't blow me away for the price tag. I think they are worth a try if the price doesn't bother you. If you ballin' on a budget, get a dupe. I like the Makeup Revolution and WetnWild dupes.

Pros:
Pretty variety of colors
Decent brush included
Sturdy packaging
Great pigment and quality
Cons:
Packaging gets dirty easy
Easily duped
A good bit of fallout (doesn't bother me tho)

I'd give it a 3.5. Nice but not mind blowing.

i have so many palletes to choose from but I will have to say this is one of my strong go to's. I would definitely recommend if you like berry shades. The pigmentation is good. I did read other reveals mentioning the brush is no good. I agree with this. They should definitely drop the brush and knock a few bucks off the pallet. For now this is my go to.

I bought this palette when it first released, not realizing how hyped it was. I usually wait for reviews before buying but hey, there were red eye shadows and that was enough to grab my attention.
First off, the packaging is a miss. I like the light pink but the velvet like texture gets dirty fast. It's not the easiest to clean either.
Second, the brush was a miss. The smaller shadow brush is fine. It's soft, works well enough. But the fluffier blending side is so scratchy. It's not even usable! I like getting brushes with palettes if they are good. In this case I say drop the brush and knock off a couple bucks to the price tag.
Lastly, the shadow quality is good. The shimmers are not as intense and metallic as I prefer. In a lot of youtube tutorials you see people foiling them with setting spray to get maximum payoff. The mattes are better. Smooth and pigmented. I usually bring in another palette to use with this one because I do like more shimmer/metallic lid shades.
There are complaints about fallout since the shadows are soft. I do my eye shadow first, base makeup last, so I wipe off any fallout and it's not a problem.
I've had this since the first release and have pan on 5 shades. I like it. Would I repurchase? At this point there are a million red and berry toned palettes. Honestly, if/when I finish this I'd try a different brand. If this palette is your ideal color scheme I do think you will like it.

on 4/9/2018 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is an extremely popular palette, so I’ll probably be regarded as a deviant for saying anything critical but here goes: you don’t get much product for the price plus the packaging just gets dirty because of the eyeshadow fallout. There isn’t much fallout from a single use, but it really builds up over time. The two burgundy shades are also too similar and the eyeshadows themselves tend to muddy up if you apply more than four even if you use a tiny amount. This is nice, but once I hit pan, I’ll probably only buy singles because other than the two burgundy shades, I have warm browns and oranges that I can dupe them with.

on 2/23/2018 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've owned this palette for a about a year now but I've only recently started using it regularly. The reason being that this is the first palette I ever purchased and I was utterly clueless about how to properly apply eyeshadow!

Countless YouTube videos and tutorials later, I've finally learned how to blend and what works for me and let me tell you, this palette makes it so much easier. The shades are blendable and mostly smooth and the warm colours are gorgeous on my dark brown eyes.

I also love that you can get a neutral look or really vamp it up depending on which shades you use. Therefore I find myself reaching for this palette almost everyday and it's my all-time favourite Sephora purchase!

I took off one lippie because of the packaging - I wish the palette had a magnetic closure or something, so I could travel with it. I also wish the body of the palette wasn't in pink velour-type material because it gets soooooo dirty. Also, the brush that comes with it is meh.. but that's to be expected I suppose!

I am so so late to the Modern Renaissance bandwagon, but I have hopped on it hard, lol. I bought this about 6 months ago and use it a lot. They are super soft shadows, and a little goes a long way, and they are super easy to blend! Even the scary bright pinks are not scary, they blend like a dream. I can do so many looks! Just the oranges! Oranges and browns! Cool with the light pinks! Let's do reds! If I'm feeling uninspired, I reach for this because any look I do turns out great.

I got this on sale at Ulta, you can use your 20% off coupon on it- but even if you paid $42 for it, it's totally worth it. The packaging is okay, I can see that it would get dirty easily, but mine hasn't.

I highly recommend this, the hype is real with this product.

on 2/8/2018 2:56:00 PM

Do you like cranberry eyeshadow?

Do you like warm midtone mattes? And appreciate a bunch all in one place?

I can see why this palette has mass appeal. But I swear this is the most overhyped thing..

There's two shimmers and one satin shade. The rest are matte. If you appreciate shimmers in a palette (and I do) be forewarned these SUCK!

All the work was put into the matte shades and the shimmers just seemed like a gratuitous add on w no thought in quality what-so-ever. They blended away if applied dry. They needed to be applied wet (NEEDED to be applied wet) just to show up at all. Then if you wanted to build them up-- impossible. The second layer took off the first layer. So annoying!!

Tempura, the satin shade was better in quality compared to the gold and champagne shimmer shade (names escape me). And that's not to mention they're literally the same kind of shades found in every palette ever-- a pale gold and a pinky/peachy toned champagne reminiscent of UD sin... yawn.

No black and one deepish toned warm brown-- so to add depth to any look you are confined to Cyprus umber-- so that doesn't leave a lot of versatility-- it isn't that deep of a shade and again, there's only one shade like that. I hated having to reach for it to deepen up every single last look bc the end result was just always the same.

I couldn't get inspired to use this palette. I would try to make neutral looks. None of the mattes seemed to work on the lid-- the shimmers were unusable. So it's like I'd put tempura on the lid--- try to add some dimension w the mattes. Or foil the shimmers to make them usable. It was always more work than it was worth. Instead of 2-3 shades I'd reach for 6 shades just to make something look cohesive and dimensional. Then they'd all just end up blending together. The shadows didn't fade, but they just blended. I never felt like I had a good makeup day when I tried it.

I returned it just under the 60 days and I was so grateful I didn't wind up keeping it.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Believe the hype for this one!

When I first got it, I wasn't sure if I'd be able to use this on an everyday basis, however it's a lot more versatile than I originally thought. These are honestly some of the best eyeshadows I've ever used. They're extremely creamy and pigmented- lightly dipping your brush into the pan is usually sufficient. They apply so smoothly and blend seamlessly- they pretty much do the work for you! Every single shade in this palette is beautiful. I'm really happy that red tones are a thing.

My favorite color in this palette is Antique Bronze- it's so unique and absolutely stunning. I get tons of compliments when I wear it, and I'd say it's a pretty universally flattering shade. I like to put this all over my lid with Cyprus Umber on the outer corner and Buon Fresco to blend it out.

The only bad thing is that a lot of the shades do have fall out, and there's a good amount of kick back in the pans. However, when shadows are this pigmented, it's to be expected. Like I mentioned, you don't even need to load up your brush with a lot of eyeshadow so it's not a huge problem.

Don't be intimidated by these colors- play around with them, try different looks! It's really worth the price, and I believe that Anastasia Beverly Hills makes some of the best eyeshadows on the market.