Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.5

on 7/27/2018 5:01:00 PM

Love! This palette is absolutely beautiful and the formula is amazing because its so blendable and pigmented. The brush that comes with the palette works like a dream and overall the palette is just fun to work with. The only thing is that the only shade that is good to put in the other V is the dark brown shade, so the options are very vast. That is my only complaint about this palette and I can't wait to keep playing with the colours to come up with new looks.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This was my first ever eyeshadow palette. I was fortunate to receive it as a birthday gift.
I don't think I have one bad thing to say about it. The colors are so beautifully formulated and easy to work with. The blend like butter and the pigmentation is fantastic. I love the color scheme so much as well. I'm able to get tons of different looks out of this one palette.
I've purchased a few more palettes since getting this one, but this one's still my favorite.

on 7/5/2018 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

This palette was my first to ever buy. After seeing the positive reviews on YouTube, I purchased this and it does not disappoint. It is my go-to when all my other palettes fail me (I have about 7 other palettes now) but this one is my tried and true. The shadows blend so effortlessly and there is no separation though the colors work well together and does not turn to mud. The color scheme is genius and the colors complement eachother so well. This is my work palette and a lot of times, I have no clue what look I'm going for from one day to the next but due to the symmetry of the pallete and the color scheme, it doesn't take me long to whip up a perfect look each time. I believe this palette to be beginner friendly. If you are new to makeup, try this palette.

on 7/3/2018 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

extremely pigmented and blends well

Holy Grail pallet at the moment...I'm so in love. I've already created multiple looks with this. My favorite colors in the pallet so far are primavera and burnt orange...but I can create tons of looks with all the colors. They're easily blendable and very pigmented. I would describe the texture as velvety...definently not chalky at all. Whatever you do dip the brush in the eyeshadow.DO NOT SWIPE!!! Only concern i have is the fallout. Now let's talk packaging. I love it but it's velvet so I'm so scared to leave it out of the box because I have very furry animals and their hair sticks to everything. Anyway I swear by the pallet and it's definitely a staple in my collection.

such pretty, pigmented shades! im not a fan of the velvet packaging, but its whatever. eyeshadows are bendable and have good staying power. there is a lot of kickback but i dont really care because the shadows are so good and soft!

on 4/12/2018 11:22:00 PM

My relationship with ABH eyeshadows has been an iffy one. The quality is great. Packaging average. Price too high, imo. There are so many amazing dupes now, I can't justify the price. The color selection is nice, but incredibly common. I've purchased 3 ABH palettes. I've returned them all. Not bc they are bad but because they don't blow me away for the price tag. I think they are worth a try if the price doesn't bother you. If you ballin' on a budget, get a dupe. I like the Makeup Revolution and WetnWild dupes.

Pros:
Pretty variety of colors
Decent brush included
Sturdy packaging
Great pigment and quality
Cons:
Packaging gets dirty easy
Easily duped
A good bit of fallout (doesn't bother me tho)

I'd give it a 3.5. Nice but not mind blowing.

i have so many palletes to choose from but I will have to say this is one of my strong go to's. I would definitely recommend if you like berry shades. The pigmentation is good. I did read other reveals mentioning the brush is no good. I agree with this. They should definitely drop the brush and knock a few bucks off the pallet. For now this is my go to.

I bought this palette when it first released, not realizing how hyped it was. I usually wait for reviews before buying but hey, there were red eye shadows and that was enough to grab my attention.
First off, the packaging is a miss. I like the light pink but the velvet like texture gets dirty fast. It's not the easiest to clean either.
Second, the brush was a miss. The smaller shadow brush is fine. It's soft, works well enough. But the fluffier blending side is so scratchy. It's not even usable! I like getting brushes with palettes if they are good. In this case I say drop the brush and knock off a couple bucks to the price tag.
Lastly, the shadow quality is good. The shimmers are not as intense and metallic as I prefer. In a lot of youtube tutorials you see people foiling them with setting spray to get maximum payoff. The mattes are better. Smooth and pigmented. I usually bring in another palette to use with this one because I do like more shimmer/metallic lid shades.
There are complaints about fallout since the shadows are soft. I do my eye shadow first, base makeup last, so I wipe off any fallout and it's not a problem.
I've had this since the first release and have pan on 5 shades. I like it. Would I repurchase? At this point there are a million red and berry toned palettes. Honestly, if/when I finish this I'd try a different brand. If this palette is your ideal color scheme I do think you will like it.

on 4/9/2018 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is an extremely popular palette, so I’ll probably be regarded as a deviant for saying anything critical but here goes: you don’t get much product for the price plus the packaging just gets dirty because of the eyeshadow fallout. There isn’t much fallout from a single use, but it really builds up over time. The two burgundy shades are also too similar and the eyeshadows themselves tend to muddy up if you apply more than four even if you use a tiny amount. This is nice, but once I hit pan, I’ll probably only buy singles because other than the two burgundy shades, I have warm browns and oranges that I can dupe them with.