Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.4

on 11/11/2017 4:21:00 AM

Absolutely beautiful product. Applies and blends like a dream, and I have already hit pan on half the palette. I will say there is sometimes some minor fallout, but I do my eyemakeup first, so its not really an issue for me. The packaging does get dirty easily, I find, but other wise, I highly recommend this product.

on 8/11/2017 9:28:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

The quality of these eyeshadows is outstanding. They blend beautifully and last on my lids longer than most eyeshadows. Very impressive actually. Usually my eyeshadow only lasts about 6-8 hrs but this eyeshadow can last hours longer. I do feel like a couple of the red shades are too similar. Also the price per gram is very high.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

NEW BATCHES AS BAD AS SUBCULTURE?? The original Renaissance palettes were great it seems but quality of the latest batches may have dropped to the match the new Subculture palette. At least mine and one other youtubers are super powdery and not as good as the original releases. Perhaps because of they have shifted production of both palettes to a bigger factory with new pressing machines that aren't working properly (according to Norvina 's explanations from ABH)

I got mine recently from Sephora and when I opened it there was powder all over the inside of the lid and I had to go and clean it up. I actually thought they sent me a used one at first! I just saw a Youtuber "Here for the Tea" who had the same experience and she thinks the Modern Renaissance batches are being rushed out carelessly in the same way as the Subculture palette to turn out the numbers and prepare ABH for sale. In the same way that Too Faced went downhill just before they sold to Estee Lauder. If you're interested I'll put her video link below.

I think this palette is made to swatch well (it does) and appeal to young girls who don't mind thickly caking on the makeup and closely follow social media trends (it satisfies that too). But it doesn't work well on my actual eyes for the price.

The matte shadows are so extremely powdery loosely pressed that they kick up so much powder everywhere. And yes, I know to use a firm not a fluffy brush to minimise fallout so its not me. (I dislike the way the owner, Norvina blamed customers for application issues, we know how to apply makeup!) Its so powdery it some always manages to get into my eyes and irritate them. I end up so much with fallout on my cheeks I have to cleanse my face after doing my eyes. Then don't layer well. When I blend them over each other I can't build up pigment to intensity I want. The shimmers are better but look thick and unflattering on the delicate thin skin of my older eyes and highlight my crepey lids.

I much prefer the light feeling texture, look, ease of use, easier blending, and better pigmentation I get out of my current (large) collection of Lancome, Tarte, Avon, Dior, Urban Decay and so on. I also have a professional Ben Nye pressed pigment palette which is more pigmented, smoother and the colors show up brighter and more intensely on my eyes.

Quality aside, I like the colors aren't versatile for my coloring (extremely fair yellow toned skin, blue eyes, dark ash blonde hair). Yes there are some bright colors but they are muted and look muddy someone with my coloring. Most of the shades are mid-toned with a murky ashy undertone. The only one light enough for a highlight is a frosty cool light pink which looks dated and unflattering on me. I have to bring in a matte cream to make this work. And there is only one deep shade (top right, Cypress Umber) that is deep or pigmented enough to give me some definition. Thats ok for a soft day look, but for intense night looks I need to bring in a dark color from another palette, or, pile on the black liquid liner and tons of mascara to get the intensity I want. I do think they are best suited for light/medium skin and deeper. I don't think the quality matches the price tag ($75 in my country and NO returns allowed.) I totally regret buying this.

If you're looking for a color-rich, super pigmented, creamy eyeshadow palette, then this is the stuff you're looking for. I didn't really believe at first that Modern Renaissance was as good as it was hyped to be, until I actually went and bought it for myself. Like actual WOW!! The colors are suuuuper gorgeous - the ochres and browns are perfect for a lot of the looks I do since I'm a redhead, but I'm equally and dangerously obsessed with all the berry hues. The colors are just to DIE FOR. They're also very blendable, much to my pleasant surprise, after using the crappy, super hard pigments in most palettes I've used. It has a wonderfully buttery consistency that makes application so much easier - and I love it. You don't have to dig into the pan to get a rich swipe of color. Fallout is fairly common, so you'll need to tap your brush off notably more often; but I don't feel like it wastes a lot of product. There are different opinions towards the brush included, and it all depends on preference. For blendability, I think it does very well. The bristles, however, do come out often enough that it CAN become annoying for some. The velvet packaging is pretty, but it becomes dirty very easily; so I can safely say I didn't buy it for the outside. I had to break bank a little to bring this beauty home, but I think it was definitely worth the money. I absolutely fell in love with it. I've never hit pan so fast!! Lol. I would very likely buy it again.

on 7/17/2017 7:33:00 AM

This is my holy grail pallette, I can't explain how much I love it. I've hit pan on about 80% of the colours now meaning I'm going to definitely buy a new one. The colours are amazing, pigmented, easy to blend. The mattes blend perfectly without blending into nothing and the shimmery colours are so pigmented and amazing. I even love the brush it comes with however I never normally like brushes that come with palletes! I prefer it to my morphe fluffy blending brush! Overall this is a great palette, I would definitely recommend this the colour range is amazing, there's something for all skin types and he eyeshadow lasts allll day.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Definitely everything good anyone says about this palette is true: pigment, texture, colors, performance etc. all are awesome. I have not yet figured out how to do an eye look using more than a few colors from this palette, so I just stick to 3 and love the outcome every time no matter which 3 I choose. Each color looks great on its own as well. Don't let the girly pink velvet exterior fool you - this is sophisticated and bold palette that will add some interest into any collection!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Is this the best palette of all time or is this the best palette of all time? For me, at least, it is. I hadn't really tried anything from ABH before this palette blew up, but as soon as I saw swatches I knew this thing had to be mine. Very quickly it became my favorite palette because of its versatility and the amazing, mind-blowing, off the charts quality of the shadows. I can do day or night looks, subtle or dramatic looks, and anything in between with this palette. I wish it had one medium shimmery shade for lids, but otherwise this palette is practically perfect in every way.

I love this palette mostly because it is SO pigmented, I wish all palettes were this easy to apply! All it takes is one little tap into the shadow and you will have plenty of product, you may even have to tap some off. The colors are beautiful and the color combo makes it possible to use for light daytime eye or darker night eyes. I love the packaging, except I wish the outside was easier to keep clean. its kind of velvety. The brush that comes with it seems kind of cheap but actually works very well.

on 5/20/2017 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have had this for about a month now and I have done several different looks with this palette and I LOVE it! Modern Renaissance has a ton of variety between warma and cooler pink toned looks, the shadows are VERY pigmented and any fallout can be dealt with b y tapping the brush before applying. It is now my favorite palette!

on 4/23/2017 12:18:00 PM

This is an amazing palette. It is really pigmented and the colours pack a punch, a little goes a long way! It is very blendable and long lasting. This is great for bold or neutral looks and works well with other palettes. I'm not crazy about the velvet packaging though because it gets dirty very quickly, and when I tried to clean it, the velvet rubbed off.