Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.5

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a great neutral palette that also offers up a wide variety of color to play around with. You can create many neutral, warm reds, cooler berry tones, and orange looks and every shade plays well with each other. You can blindly stick your brush into any shade and you will still have a cohesive look. I've used almost every colour combo and none of them blend muddy like some of the other ABH palettes. I love how I can use this everyday because it's so pigmented you only need a small amount of product and even the brighter shades tone down to be work/school appropriate.

I've only found a few drawbacks:
- Cyprus Umber (the dark brown shade) is the most prone to patchiness but built up slowly with a light hand it looks fine.
- Primavera (gold shimmer) is not opaque like the other two shimmers. It applies as a very loose smattering of gold sparkles.
- these shadows will fade and crease. I do not have oily lids and this is the first time I've ever had to prime my eyes
- this palette has a shorter life span than average. Many people have reported after two years it becomes unusable so unless you're planning on regularly using this I would maybe choose a different product

on 7/27/2018 5:01:00 PM

Love! This palette is absolutely beautiful and the formula is amazing because its so blendable and pigmented. The brush that comes with the palette works like a dream and overall the palette is just fun to work with. The only thing is that the only shade that is good to put in the other V is the dark brown shade, so the options are very vast. That is my only complaint about this palette and I can't wait to keep playing with the colours to come up with new looks.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I do really love this palette. The shades are what drew me to the palette. There are nice cool and warm tones. However, the red and pink shades are very dry, chalky and powdery. They are beautiful colors which is a real shame. The shades this happens with is Love Letter, Venetian Red and Red Ochre. I've not had a problem with the rest of the shades. I can create really light or heavy eye looks with this.

on 7/22/2018 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

After ages of seeing everyone use this palette I finally decided to take the plunge and get one for myself. The eyeshadows are everything that people described them as: soft, highly pigmented, and easy to blend. Initially I found the soft nature of the shadows a little difficult to work with, as I tend to be heavy-handed. Learning to pick them up gently to avoid fallout took some practice for me. Each of these shades is beautiful and applies well. Not a single one is subpar. They are all long lasting, although a couple of shades may slightly fade by the end of the day. The shade Buon Fresco will fade even with primer, although it is still not much. Also unlike many other palettes that provide brushes, the double-ended brush in the Modern Renaissance palette is actually useable. My only complaint about this palette is the cover of the packaging. While the velvet cover looks pretty when you open your palette for the first time, it gets messy very quickly. After a week of using it I was already finding cat hair collecting on it, so expect other things to also catch on it. My one complaint aside, I absolutely adore this palette. I have used it nearly every day since getting it six months ago to the point of almost neglecting my other palettes. While $42 is not cheap for a palette, this one is a product I am happy to splurge on.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Okay so this palette is probably the hardest item of makeup I’ve ever had to review. The shades are very pretty. I bought it mostly as I love warm browns nudes golds & red tones. The packaging is very pretty but I have seen so many Youtubers whose palette looks very dirty so I’m very very careful with mine (I can’t bear dirty looking make up) to avoid fingerprints I tend to open it & put the palette down & use another mirror so I’m not holding it while doing my eyes. I would highly recommend keeping the cardboard sleeve to protect it.
The formula is in my opinion not as nice as the urban decay eyeshadow palettes. But the colours are very lovely. I don’t like Cypress Umber very much I think it looks a little patchy & muddy on me no matter how much I blend. I do like this palette but just don’t get the hype. Yes the colours are lovely and you can achieve some lovely looks but I don’t find myself reaching for it nearly as often as my Urban decay palettes Naked 3 & Heat. The brush is okay the denser side is lovely but the blending side is a little scratchy. I really wanted to love this palette. I like it but it isn’t love. I probably would re purchase as I do like most of the shades but really dislike golden ochre & cypress umber as feel they make me look like my face is dirty.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This was my first ever eyeshadow palette. I was fortunate to receive it as a birthday gift.
I don't think I have one bad thing to say about it. The colors are so beautifully formulated and easy to work with. The blend like butter and the pigmentation is fantastic. I love the color scheme so much as well. I'm able to get tons of different looks out of this one palette.
I've purchased a few more palettes since getting this one, but this one's still my favorite.

on 7/5/2018 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

This palette was my first to ever buy. After seeing the positive reviews on YouTube, I purchased this and it does not disappoint. It is my go-to when all my other palettes fail me (I have about 7 other palettes now) but this one is my tried and true. The shadows blend so effortlessly and there is no separation though the colors work well together and does not turn to mud. The color scheme is genius and the colors complement eachother so well. This is my work palette and a lot of times, I have no clue what look I'm going for from one day to the next but due to the symmetry of the pallete and the color scheme, it doesn't take me long to whip up a perfect look each time. I believe this palette to be beginner friendly. If you are new to makeup, try this palette.

on 7/3/2018 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

extremely pigmented and blends well

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

All in all, it is a great eyeshadow palette. The colours are all warm and in right now. Great pigmentation

on 5/29/2018 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am late to the Modern Renaissance craze , but I am glad I finally purchased this palette. Love Letter and Venetian Red are unique colors that I did not previously own, and my favorite of this palette. I love velvet, but the packaging gets dirty very easily. I just take a makeup wipe to clean it and that works to get it clean. The shadows are extremely powdery, even if you dip your brush in lightly , excess powder still kicks up, mixing into the nearby shades, making the mirror constantly dirty when you close the palette. The brush I actually like. The crease side does feel scratchy and rough , but it does apply the eyeshadow just fine .