Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.4

on 11/17/2017 1:56:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I am tardy to the party on this one. This is a fantastic, high quality palette. The shadows are so smooth and almost creamy. They blend like a dream. I am no make up artist but this palette truly makes it easy. Never in a million years did I think I would like or even wear Venetian Red but I do and it looks so pretty. The only think I don't like is the packaging. The velvet case is impractical but it is pretty.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

There’s a reason everybody’s in love with this one! 110% one of the BEST palettes IN THE COSMETIC industry, this and the new too faced just peachy mattes palette are my absolute holy grails!

on 9/2/2017 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I was using BH cosmetics (28 mattes and Easy To Go palettes), Nyx nude matte (tryst), UD (beware) and several MAC singles... until MR, which is my first high end palette.

I bought it from ABH site one week before the Subculture palette release and was afraid its so talked about quality would have fallen to the level of its "sister". No needed apreension.

No picture do justice to this palette. The colors are beautiful, soft and velvet even more than UD and Nyx. They blend in my eyelid without getting muddy.

The blush that comes with it is actually pretty good, at least compared with my "almost no famous brand but good" brushes (China, ecotools and Brazil). I would buy the brush separately if there was one way. I must be the first to say this 😂.

You have to be careful with picking the eyeshadows, not because of them kicking up powder, which they do just a little, although nothing different of my other eyeshadows (except for MAC), but because they are truly pigmented. A little goes a long way 😂.

I can't for the life of me understand why ABH changed ingredients for Subculture because this formula is a winner.

They also have the best staying power of any eyeshadow i tried over primer (UDPP, Smashbox 24h, but TheBalm Put A Lid On It was the best). In a non watery day, they stayed from 8 to 17h over primer, although fading a little from my hoods.

The best thing is that it doesn't have talc. I realized that my eyes didn't water with these eyeshadows. After searching I discovered that talc is a irritant agent and all of my other shadows have it, which may be the reason my eyes water so much.

on 6/9/2017 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I waited many months for this palette to be restocked at Sephora and was thrilled when it finally was! I previously bought the Mario palette by ABH and fell in love with their formula! Upon first use of Modern Renaissance I was disappointed. I usually have no problem if eye shadows have some kickback because those are usually the most pigmented shadows. However, this palette has kickback like no tomorrow. I feel like I'm wasting so much product whenever I dip my brush in because soooooo much of the product falls out. In the four months I have owned this palette I think I have only used it two or three times. I am also a huge fan of warm toned eye shadows but these just don't do it for me. The organgey shades turn up very similar on the eyes (which are the everyday colours) and I'm too scared to dip into the deeper colours because of the amount of fall out they produce! Not down to have bright red/pink shadow all over my cheeks!

I also HATE the packaging. This has to be one of the worst packaging for cosmetics I have ever seen (and I am a huge fan of anythink pink). But the velvet texture on the outside of the palette picks up EVERYTHING and will not come off. This is especially problematic since there is so much kickback in the eye shadows and it all just stick to the outside of the palette making it look really dirty and gross.

I seriously do not understand why this palette is so overrated. I may have enjoyed it more if I did not go in with such high expectations. It is an okay palette that I will use a few times a year, but no where near a holy grail product that is in constant use.

Unfortunately the Mario palette (my fav) is no longer available, but my current favourite palette that is in stock is the Tartelette In Bloom palette by tarte, it's the perfect palette from day to night!

on 5/20/2017 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have had this for about a month now and I have done several different looks with this palette and I LOVE it! Modern Renaissance has a ton of variety between warma and cooler pink toned looks, the shadows are VERY pigmented and any fallout can be dealt with b y tapping the brush before applying. It is now my favorite palette!

on 4/17/2017 11:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This palette really does live up to the hype in my opinion. I've been really enjoying warm tones recently, and this appears to be the palette that rules warm tones (despite the ability to create cool looks with it), and I am extremely happy I purchased this.

SHADOW QUALITY: These are the best shadows I've ever worked with. They are very soft, so if you prefer working with a stiffer formula (like Urban Decay), these perhaps aren't for you, but I find them to be intensely pigmented and blend fantastically. The downside is that as others have mentioned, there is a lot of fall out (don't swipe these shadows, just tap them gently in the pan to minimise this as much as possible), but for the quality of the shadows, it is something I can overlook. Some have said that this means that it is easily used up, which I can see how it may be an issue. I've found the longevity of the shadows to be good, although I always wear with a primer (usually TF Shadow Insurance).

SHADE SELECTION/COHESION: When I first looked at the palette, I wasn't sure if you could get many looks out of it, but since playing with it, I find it not to be the case. You can do extremely warm looks, my go to would be Burnt Orange as transition, Golden Ochre or Primavera on the lid (depending if it's a matte look or not), and Realgar on the outer lid, and Cyprus Umber in the outer V. Similarly, a cool toned look can be made with Buon Fresco as transition, Vermeer on the lid and Venetian Red/Love Letter on the outer lid. For a very neutral look, I'd use the first quad on the left. I personally find the palette to be very cohesive (partly owing to the majority of mattes) - there's plenty of transition shades etc. Additionally, Vermeer is a dupe (albeit a better version) for Bootycall from Naked 2, which is my favourite inner corner highlight. The only thing I'd say this palette is missing is a black, but I have numerous matte blacks in my collection, so it is not an issue for me.

PACKAGING: Packaging is functional and pretty (although prone to grubbiness! I keep mine in the box) and I just love the theme of the shadows. In my mind, a lot of attention went into it, with all the research into the shade names etc.

I simply find this palette to be a joy to use. I feel like the market is saturated with eyeshadow palettes right now, and it's refreshing to find one that's high quality. As a Brit, this was expensive (£41, or about $52), but I ordered through Beautybay and got free next day delivery, and the quality, in my opinion, makes it 100% worth it.

on 4/5/2017 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my first palette from AOBH. I wanted to try something a bit more different than the everyday nudes I wear, like the Urban Decay Naked 2 & Naked Basics, respectfully. The quality of the pigmentation is impressive. I find the product similar to NARS shadows. Although, I really don't like the felt packaging. I feel that as soon as I put pallette in my makeup case, it's going to get so disgusting.The Buon Fresco, Primavera, Vermier and Antique bronze are absolutely stunning. However, I highly doubt I will ever wear Love Letter and Venetian Red. Overall, this is a great buy for those who is looking for something a little more adventurous and really likes to play up the eye.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

A beautiful collection of warm shades to choose from and the palette itself is well-made. The shades are pigmented and soft to work with and glide effortlessly on my lids. I do need a primer still but it is not a deal breaker for me.I had been debating whether to get this or not and I can honestly say it is a keeper. Suitable for every season in my opinion too.

on 3/17/2017 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This palette is 100% worthy of the hype it's gotten.

It's truly a beautiful palette with gorgeous colours that I believe will work on any skin tone. The shadows are super blendable, creamy and so luscious to apply. I am not the best at eye shadow application but the few looks I have created using this palette have been really nice and I got compliments on my shadow each time wearing them.

The shadows are very pigmented and you don't need a lot of any colour to achieve the look you're going for so the price point is fair for how long this palette will last you. Because they are so pigmented there is a bit of fall out but tap excess off your brushes and do your eye shadow before the rest of your face to avoid the issue.

I'm pleased with this purchase and if you like warm shadows, I recommend you get it. ASAP.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

LOVE LOVE LOVE!! The pigmentation is vibrant with a buttery like texture not to mention the packaging is so cute! Shades Cyprus umber, red ochre and buon fresco are most definitely a stand out forme♥️ if you're a makeup enthusiast you need this palette in your life !