Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.4

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Absolutely nothing but positive things to say about this palette. That being said, I wouldn’t say it was my go-to eyeshadow palette for everyday makeup looks, on account of it being super intense, but I definitely reach for it when I want some serious eye drama. Richly pigmented, gorgeous shades, buttery soft and super blendable...., everything you want from a quality eyeshadow palette. Worth every penny! 👌🏼

on 1/4/2018 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had waited forever to buy this palette and finally splurged when it went on sale. I was going back and forth between this palette, UD Naked Heat or both ever since they came out. Finally for Christmas, I let myself get this. The colors are so pretty, the texture felt very nice and pigmented and there is an impressive matte selection. My problem was the colors on me. Most of MUA recommended this over HEAT for me. But the more I played with the MR colors there were a few issues. First, I am not great with eye makeup, but everything kept muddying together...is it me or the palette? Second, these shadows wore me. I love shades like MAC Cranberry so I thought this palette would work, but these shades came off, maybe too warm for the browns, just not good on my nw20, deep winter complexion, 3n hair and brown eyes with some hazel to them (dark under eye circles too). I tried every which way to enjoy this palette, but I never smiled once after putting on a shade. I always thought, "How can I make this work?". The people I have seen this look best on have more of a golden complexion IMO. I could make some looks work, but it took work. I was not having fun with this palette. I had the same issue I had with the Lorac Pro Matte palette with the shadows feeling soft and velvety but just muddying up on me. So this is a pretty palette and if you can work easily with the colors, gorgeous. But it just did not get along with me very well.

Sidenote: I did pick up the UD Naked Heat palette later to try. Everyone kept saying it wouldn't work on me, but a few peeps with hazel eyes said they loved it (who were my complexion). It does come off a bit warm, but not weird warm like MR did on me. It gives me a peaches and cream look when I wear the softer shades. The bolder, deeper shades give me a gorgeous bronze smokey eye like I have never been able to pull off with true "smokey" gray/black, brown shades. If you like shades like MAC Embark and Antiqued...I think you will like Heat. I will write a full review later when I have played with it longer, but it seems to sit on me easier than MR. It has also made me smile more and been easier to work with on me than MR was. I just wish I had bought the UD during the sale instead. :(

on 12/26/2017 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not sure if I understand the hype with this palette. I don't find the colors cohesive and I feel like its not flattering with my brown eyes. I will not purchase.

on 12/24/2017 12:30:00 PM

I really didn't have much interest in this all year, mostly because I went crazy this year and have purchased at least 10 or 12 palettes(shameful!)... I picked it up this week on sale, and really am pleased with it...the shades are buttery, pigmented, and there are a lot of looks that can be created. It's a nice addition to my collection, and I definitely recommend... I really want to give it 3.5 stars just based on packaging alone lol, but I really can't because the shadows are fab .. I do love Anastasia products, but man their packaging is so cheap looking, especially for the price..I expect Morphe or Colour Pop to have cheap packaging based on their price point... No one beats Tarte for beautiful/luxe packaging.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I don’t like spending a lot of money on eyeshadow palettes...I like versatility and many palettes only do one type of look or aren’t easy to blend. I’m still figuring out and experimenting with eyeshadow techniques and looks so I’ve usually stuck to brown and nuetral shades...a bit more forgiving but not as dramatic. I really wanted a fall/holiday themed palette and it was down to the Modern Renaissance of UD Heat. I watched a ton of YouTube videos and finally decided to try this because of the wide range of colors as compared to the more orange shades on Heat.
It is incredibly pigmented and creamy...I feel like you could be a total nube with eyeshadows and this would still blend beautifully. I even stopped watching tutorials and just played with the colors on my own (which is HUGE because I am really not that good with dramatic eye makeup and it usually ends up looking muddy or splotchy) but all of these work together beautifully and I always get compliments....it’s probably because I usually don’t wear colors like this.
I noticed a few beauty gurus saw it is only for bold looks but TBH, I’ve used it for very neutral, romantic looks too! I avoid the darker and more shimmery shades and it creates a really pretty, soft look.
Regardless of your ability, this is a really nice palette, I haven’t tried the brush it comes with because I just recently upgraded my brushes to the Sigma set and I’ve been playing around with those.

on 8/19/2017 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

All aboard the hype train, I guess.
I love this pallet, I got it for the reds/pink but I actually think they are pretty meh. Super pigmented, just needs a gentle touch of the brush. Speaking of which, I don't even hate the one it came with. Now I want to try Subculture and see for myself what the hell is all the commotion about.

on 8/11/2017 9:28:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

The quality of these eyeshadows is outstanding. They blend beautifully and last on my lids longer than most eyeshadows. Very impressive actually. Usually my eyeshadow only lasts about 6-8 hrs but this eyeshadow can last hours longer. I do feel like a couple of the red shades are too similar. Also the price per gram is very high.

on 7/24/2017 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

One of the few eyeshadow palettes that I would repurchase, I love it that much. The shadows are all so highly pigmented, buttery and blend like a dream. This can look a bit scarey as there are deep reds and dark bright pinks and oranges, but they go together beautifully even for me - and I'm 51. The pinks can be bold, or blended out. The two shimmers are an excellent formula and last on the eyelid until removed. An amazing palette and well worth the hype.

on 7/21/2017 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hands down, best palette I own (and I have many!) For the longest time I really didn't see the hype with this palette. I had bought one as a Christmas gift and decided to give in to the hype and pick one up for myself. I am glad I did!

First off, the hype around this palette is well deserved. The color payoff and pigmentation is incredible. The shadows are soft & buttery and practically blend themselves. Every color in this palette is usable for all kinds of looks......from neutral, every-day to more dramatic. Goes from lights to neutrals to darks, mattes to shimmers---all equally pigmented & blendable .

The packaging is gorgeous, as well---I ranked it 4/5 only because the suede cover is a magnet for eyeshadow dust and could get really dirty, very quickly. I'm careful with it and love it all the same.

My ONLY regret with this palette is that I did not buy it sooner.

on 7/17/2017 7:33:00 AM

This is my holy grail pallette, I can't explain how much I love it. I've hit pan on about 80% of the colours now meaning I'm going to definitely buy a new one. The colours are amazing, pigmented, easy to blend. The mattes blend perfectly without blending into nothing and the shimmery colours are so pigmented and amazing. I even love the brush it comes with however I never normally like brushes that come with palletes! I prefer it to my morphe fluffy blending brush! Overall this is a great palette, I would definitely recommend this the colour range is amazing, there's something for all skin types and he eyeshadow lasts allll day.