Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I truly enjoy this palette. Despite the crazy fallout, this palette is crazy pigmented and very easy to blend, hence the hype. I am particularly very picky when it comes to colour selection, and this palette offers you an actual variety of warm-pink-ish colour range, which is the current trend and right up my alley. My favourite shades are Tempera for highlight, Burnt Orange and Raw Sienna for transition colour, Red Ochre and Love letter on the lid and Cyprus Umber for outer corner (fancy names, right).

However, one lippie off for the packaging because it is not the most wise packaging. Like, if I create an eyeshadow palette with crazy pigmentation and fallout, suede would not be my first choice? Or my choice at all?

I do really appreciate the brush. The packing brush is dense and soft, while the blending brush isn't as soft, it is still very usable.

This is another much hyped about eyeshadow palette on Youtube. I finally gave in to the hype a month ago and tried it out for about handful of times and I have to agree with the positive reviews - this is such an amazing palette! You would really enjoy this palette if you love your warmed toned eyeshadows, but unlike other organge/brown/gold combinations that have been done to death by other brands, they threw in some gorgeous rich pink/cranberry/red shades that may seem intimidating at first, but look absolutely gorgeous on. I love how versatile this palette is, you can do a very basic look to full on glam and there is a lot of possibilities.

The formula of these eyeshadows are so pigmented - I only need to dab my brushes (never had to swirl) and I get tons of pigment. The colors are easy to blend but don't get muddy. I cannot comment on the staying power because I also have my primer on so they stay all day.

The only thing I am not crazy about is the packaging. It looks beautiful, but I wish they didn't make it in suede it gets dirty real quickly. I am so bummed about this because that means I won't be taking it with me while I travel.

Overall very pleased with my purchase and I would definitely recommend.

on 10/16/2017 10:03:00 PM

I can finally see why everyone loves this palette. Every time I see a classmate of mine wearing super pretty, buttery looking eyeshadows, I ask them what they're wearing and they all tell me ABH modern renaissance. One of my classmates let me borrow hers before I got my own and I totally understand the hype surrounding this. The pigment, the shades, the formula are ALL AMAZING. I was hesitant to get this palette because I wasn't a big fan of the magenta shades, but they're growing on me.

on 10/12/2017 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Let me start off by saying that I am not an eyeshadow person and I love this palette. I have a few others but I never really reached for them like I do with this one. This palette gives me a great eye look every time I use it. This is the only eyeshadow palette I would ever consider purchasing twice. The colours are wonderful and they look great on the eyes. They blend perfectly and I can create lots of different looks with it - everyday neutral, smoky eye, colourful eye etc.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

In recent years I have significantly limited the number of eyeshadow palettes I have purchased. My rule is I have to like and use every color in the palette. Frequently I'll love one shade and want to buy a palette for that. For this one, I really wanted Red Ochre. But then I started wanting more shades and found myself trying to purchase and dupe several shades. Finally I admitted to myself it would be cheaper to just buy the palette. So about March of this year I finally bit the bullet and got it. I love this palette. This has been so useful. I am shocked at how well it works for every day looks. I love the brighter reds to warm up the crease or transform other shades to make it interesting. I love that there are several shades that are one and done on the lid. I love that it has a good browbone shade and a liner shade. The two shimmery shades are a classic pink and gold and both are amazing. The orange is soooo fun to work with!! This palette has everything and I don't need to reach for other palettes to complete looks, which I love. I could use this every day.
My cons are that the velvet can get messy. I treat this palette very carefully because you can't really clean it. Also, the shades are very powdery. I only ever dab my brush into the palette. When I keep application very soft I don't get fall out. But you can easily have a mess. I've never dropped this palette but I'm afraid to test how fragile it is. So I'd love to take it traveling but I'm afraid to lest it be shattered.
I do have the subculture palette. And I have to say that I don't think subculture is any more powdery. I'm waiting to try a few more looks before I review that one, but so far I love it. I personally am applying both palettes the same way (very delicately because they are exceedingly soft shadows) and I have had no issues blending.
Over all, if I were talking to someone who has some experience with makeup and likes to play, I would definitely recommend Modern Renaissance. I have several sisters and a mother who only use very traditional eyeshadow and I would never recommend this to them. None of them would have the slightest idea of how to use it. This palette is not for everyone, but I do think it's for anyone bothering to read reviews on Makeup Alley.

on 7/14/2017 9:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Another review isnt needed but oh well 🤷🏻‍♀️
I didnt want to suck in to the hype and buy this palette cause I already own so many neutral palettes and was trying to avoid this one. UGHH but i couldnt literally not 1 person (well actually ONLY a few ok) doesnt like this palette. And i see why now, the shades are so soft and silky to the touch. I can only use a super soft brush with these shadows and tap super super lightly. Do NOT use a scratchy brush, the kick up will be insane. And be careful picking up the shadows because yes they are so pigmented. I actually prefer not to use this on days im in a rush because i find i need time to be gentle with this and blend it out and such, so for fast days i prefer average pigmented shadows. But besides that i think this palette is so worth the money, i would reccomend it (just make sure you be gentle with it cuz like many have said the kick up is intense). The brush that came with it actually isnt bad but dont use it for the palette cause its not soft enough. The colour scheme is really beautiful and i love the variety of looks you can make. Only thing id love is maybe another lid shade option but its still a beautiful palette ^^

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This palette has enough reviews. The only reason I'm chiming in is because I'm 50 years old, and this is the first palette I've ever hit pan on. I'm NC20 leaning neutral, and I can wear every color in the palette. Even the reds are wearable and can be worn to the office when done right. I highly recommend this.

on 6/26/2017 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I liked this palette, I didn't love it.

The shadows are soft, and smooth and blend nice. But you have to work quickly with them, because they're very staining.

Also, the reds and pink are very pigmented, so this palette is for someone who is comfortable being "out there" with their makeup. I personally never touch the reds and pink, because it's too bright for everyday wear to the office. And I tend not to wear a lot of makeup on weekends as I like to give my skin, especially my eyelids a break, otherwise I start getting eyelid eczema.

Because I have very sensitive skin, this palette made me breakout in the worst eye area (on the lid, and on my under eye area!) I have ever experienced. I had to go to the dermatologist to get a steroid cream to get rid of the eczema. Obviously, this will not be a problem for everyone. The ladies at Ulta told me reds and purples can be problematic for a lot of people due to carmine in the ingredients.

Anyway, I am not super bummed about it because in general, this palette wasn't subdued and neutral enough for me. I did love that it had so many mattes, though.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

ONE OF THE BEST WARM TONE PALETTE I HAVE
you want an orange-ish look? there you go
you want a reddish look? there you go
You can create tons of looks with this palette from daily to glam look.
easy to blend, pigmentation is great, color selection is amazing
the brush is quite helpful
but i just don't really like the material of the packaging, I mean why would you pick this kind of packaging for a great product like this :/

So the only downside is the packaging, for the product itself it's worth your money if you love warm tone palette.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my favorite palette that I've ever used. Pinks/Reds aren't typically my colors but these shades are perfect. The formula is amazing as well.. better than any high end eye shadow I've tried. The only thing I don't like is the packaging- the "soft" top is nasty feeling.