Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.5

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Okay so this palette is probably the hardest item of makeup I’ve ever had to review. The shades are very pretty. I bought it mostly as I love warm browns nudes golds & red tones. The packaging is very pretty but I have seen so many Youtubers whose palette looks very dirty so I’m very very careful with mine (I can’t bear dirty looking make up) to avoid fingerprints I tend to open it & put the palette down & use another mirror so I’m not holding it while doing my eyes. I would highly recommend keeping the cardboard sleeve to protect it.
The formula is in my opinion not as nice as the urban decay eyeshadow palettes. But the colours are very lovely. I don’t like Cypress Umber very much I think it looks a little patchy & muddy on me no matter how much I blend. I do like this palette but just don’t get the hype. Yes the colours are lovely and you can achieve some lovely looks but I don’t find myself reaching for it nearly as often as my Urban decay palettes Naked 3 & Heat. The brush is okay the denser side is lovely but the blending side is a little scratchy. I really wanted to love this palette. I like it but it isn’t love. I probably would re purchase as I do like most of the shades but really dislike golden ochre & cypress umber as feel they make me look like my face is dirty.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This was my first ever eyeshadow palette. I was fortunate to receive it as a birthday gift.
I don't think I have one bad thing to say about it. The colors are so beautifully formulated and easy to work with. The blend like butter and the pigmentation is fantastic. I love the color scheme so much as well. I'm able to get tons of different looks out of this one palette.
I've purchased a few more palettes since getting this one, but this one's still my favorite.

on 7/5/2018 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

This palette was my first to ever buy. After seeing the positive reviews on YouTube, I purchased this and it does not disappoint. It is my go-to when all my other palettes fail me (I have about 7 other palettes now) but this one is my tried and true. The shadows blend so effortlessly and there is no separation though the colors work well together and does not turn to mud. The color scheme is genius and the colors complement eachother so well. This is my work palette and a lot of times, I have no clue what look I'm going for from one day to the next but due to the symmetry of the pallete and the color scheme, it doesn't take me long to whip up a perfect look each time. I believe this palette to be beginner friendly. If you are new to makeup, try this palette.

on 7/3/2018 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

extremely pigmented and blends well

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

All in all, it is a great eyeshadow palette. The colours are all warm and in right now. Great pigmentation

on 5/29/2018 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am late to the Modern Renaissance craze , but I am glad I finally purchased this palette. Love Letter and Venetian Red are unique colors that I did not previously own, and my favorite of this palette. I love velvet, but the packaging gets dirty very easily. I just take a makeup wipe to clean it and that works to get it clean. The shadows are extremely powdery, even if you dip your brush in lightly , excess powder still kicks up, mixing into the nearby shades, making the mirror constantly dirty when you close the palette. The brush I actually like. The crease side does feel scratchy and rough , but it does apply the eyeshadow just fine .

Holy Grail pallet at the moment...I'm so in love. I've already created multiple looks with this. My favorite colors in the pallet so far are primavera and burnt orange...but I can create tons of looks with all the colors. They're easily blendable and very pigmented. I would describe the texture as velvety...definently not chalky at all. Whatever you do dip the brush in the eyeshadow.DO NOT SWIPE!!! Only concern i have is the fallout. Now let's talk packaging. I love it but it's velvet so I'm so scared to leave it out of the box because I have very furry animals and their hair sticks to everything. Anyway I swear by the pallet and it's definitely a staple in my collection.

I'm tempted to buy 4 or 5 of this palette to make sure it's in my life forever. This palette is SO worth the price, the colour payoff is amazing, it blends so well. The palette is so cohesive that you don't need to reach for any others to make your look, it has all the shades you need. Anastasia did an amazing job with this one. I have yet to try any of her other eyeshadow palettes but since this ones color and general workingness is so great I don't feel like I need anything else. It has a bit of kickback but it's not like you'll hit pan after 5 uses. It's just great, I highly recommend.

on 4/25/2018 3:10:00 AM

this is an all time favorite. I've had it for a year now. anytime I use it. it knocks my socks off.

such pretty, pigmented shades! im not a fan of the velvet packaging, but its whatever. eyeshadows are bendable and have good staying power. there is a lot of kickback but i dont really care because the shadows are so good and soft!

Popular Palettes