Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.8

on 9/18/2017 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

(I purchased this in June of 2016)

I go back and forth on my feelings on this palette. When I first purchased it I loved it, but I can admit it was a “spenders high” and I kept seeing it all over Instagram so I was excited to have it in my hands.

I like the shades Antique Bronze, Buon Fresco, Red Ochre and the two shimmer shades, Vermeer and Primavera. I started using Raw Sienna as a base color and I like the look of it. Realgar and Cypress Umber can be a pretty duo. I don’t really use the very light shades because they don’t show up on my skin but they can be ok for transitioning or softening your eye look.

One of the biggest problems I have with this is that the shadows are powdery and lose their vibrancy/pigmentation once blended. So then I have to keep going back and building them up.

The packaging is pretty but I should have held the tester in the store because I wouldn’t have bought it if I had known it was velvet even though the color is really pretty. (but that is lack of attention on my part)

After 4 months, due to the powder kick up from the shadows I already touched pan on them, before this palette the Chocolate Bar was the only palette I had for a whole year, used it every day and it took that whole year of using before I saw pan on any of those shadows. I felt that I had to force myself to use this palette so I wasn't a big fan. I ended up giving it away to a family member…who ended up giving it back to me after about 8 months lol.

After trying it again for a second time (since about August 2017) I like it a little bit more when I used the NYX Pencil in Milk to help the pigmentation. I use more flat eye brushes to pack on color and smaller blended brushes so I don’t have to do too much going back into the palette.

I’ve come to like this palette more to play with the orange and red shades and use them as accents. Even though its not my favorite I still enjoy opening up a few different palettes and going to town.

on 7/21/2017 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hands down, best palette I own (and I have many!) For the longest time I really didn't see the hype with this palette. I had bought one as a Christmas gift and decided to give in to the hype and pick one up for myself. I am glad I did!

First off, the hype around this palette is well deserved. The color payoff and pigmentation is incredible. The shadows are soft & buttery and practically blend themselves. Every color in this palette is usable for all kinds of looks......from neutral, every-day to more dramatic. Goes from lights to neutrals to darks, mattes to shimmers---all equally pigmented & blendable .

The packaging is gorgeous, as well---I ranked it 4/5 only because the suede cover is a magnet for eyeshadow dust and could get really dirty, very quickly. I'm careful with it and love it all the same.

My ONLY regret with this palette is that I did not buy it sooner.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

WORTH EVERY PENNY! i really didn't want to pay $45 for a palette, but i bit the bullet and ordered it on ulta. i have the morphe 35o palette and i just thought the shades were gonna be just like the morphe palette, but i was definitely wrong! it is such a versatile palette with warm and romantic shades. and the staying power is soooo good (i have super oily skin and eyelids). the only thing i don't like is the packaging as i'm sure it would get dirty quickly with the suede/velvet texture. but other than that, no complaints! all time favorite palette!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I really love this palette. The packaging is similar to urban decay original naked palette with dusty mauve pink colour. It contains 14 beautiful warm toned eyeshadows and it's very pigmented. Some shade can be a little bit too powdery and dusty with over swiping but if you put a little bit at a time to your brush, it will not as powdery. I don't like the brush it comes with, feels like cheap brush. Wearable, but still.. i don't like.
It feels so buttery on my finger, and it's really long wearing. I wore it without a primer at all (but i do dab my leftover foundation on the beauty blender to my lids) and it won't budge at all. Really impressed. I definitely will be the first in line if anastasia launch another palette with the same quality like this palette!

I also did a youtube video for this palette and also a blogpost. Feel free to check it out!

on 7/12/2016 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this palette,every single color is so beautiful! In all the palettes I own there's always a couple of colors that I dont use or dont like,but this one I use every single one.
The shadows are soo pigmented,I own other Anastasia palettes and the shadows are no where near as pigmented as this one.
I really like the shades,they're original,shades that are not that common,and they blend really easy

on 6/29/2016 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

What an awesome palette! First of all, it's so NOT BORING! I was getting exhausted by all those brown champagne neutral palettes on the market nowadays, so yawn inducing! But not this baby! It's so vibrant, eye popping, gorgeous, full of sassy attitude and potential. This is my first experience with ABH shadows, and I'm very impressed. These shadows are better than UD, Smashbox, Tarte, and a plethora of other mid- high end brands I tried. The only one that compares is Lorac, but ABH is still better. The formula is very soft, extremely pigmented, easily blendable, stays put all day. The color selection is fabulous! I can't name another palette like this that would perform as well and have such saturated vibrant colors. (Yes Violet Voss HG is similar, but the formula is overpriced Chinese shit! No comparison ) . I would love to try other palettes by ABH as well, but I've heard that this one is a step up from prior formulas.
The only qualm I have with this palette is the packaging. It's a dupe for IT cosmetics palettes, and the velvet gets very dirty. ABH should adapt Stila's packaging (the soul, spirit, mind, body palettes) those are great.
I have no issues with the price increase. Believe me, in the past you've bought a crappy overpriced palette for more than this gem would cost. If your skin tone can accept very warm and red tones then you should get this palette.