Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.6

such pretty, pigmented shades! im not a fan of the velvet packaging, but its whatever. eyeshadows are bendable and have good staying power. there is a lot of kickback but i dont really care because the shadows are so good and soft!

on 4/12/2018 11:22:00 PM

My relationship with ABH eyeshadows has been an iffy one. The quality is great. Packaging average. Price too high, imo. There are so many amazing dupes now, I can't justify the price. The color selection is nice, but incredibly common. I've purchased 3 ABH palettes. I've returned them all. Not bc they are bad but because they don't blow me away for the price tag. I think they are worth a try if the price doesn't bother you. If you ballin' on a budget, get a dupe. I like the Makeup Revolution and WetnWild dupes.

Pros:
Pretty variety of colors
Decent brush included
Sturdy packaging
Great pigment and quality
Cons:
Packaging gets dirty easy
Easily duped
A good bit of fallout (doesn't bother me tho)

I'd give it a 3.5. Nice but not mind blowing.

i have so many palletes to choose from but I will have to say this is one of my strong go to's. I would definitely recommend if you like berry shades. The pigmentation is good. I did read other reveals mentioning the brush is no good. I agree with this. They should definitely drop the brush and knock a few bucks off the pallet. For now this is my go to.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have a bit of a love hate relationship with this palette. The colours are perfect, the packaging is gorgeous (even if I do have to keep it in the cardboard box forever to keep it clean), even the included brush isn’t too bad - but I only seem to be able to get two looks out of this entire palette. Two good looks, but still. No matter how hard I try, my eye makeup looks the same all the time, except sometimes it’s orange and sometimes it’s pink. So many gorgeous colours in here but they’re all a little too similar to each other.

However, it’s still my favourite palette (my beloved Shade and Light has been touched maybe twice since I got MR - who needs neutral eyes when you can have pink?) and I absolutely can’t fault the quality. I was a little wary of buying because pink toned eye makeup is something I’d always assumed would look terrible on me (remember the days when palettes only had 3 or 4 colours in them and you ~had~ to choose a complementary colour for your eye colour?! Everything said green eyes = purple shadow but purple always looked awful so I assumed pink would be the same for me!) but I’m surprised by how wearable it really is.

on 2/23/2018 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've owned this palette for a about a year now but I've only recently started using it regularly. The reason being that this is the first palette I ever purchased and I was utterly clueless about how to properly apply eyeshadow!

Countless YouTube videos and tutorials later, I've finally learned how to blend and what works for me and let me tell you, this palette makes it so much easier. The shades are blendable and mostly smooth and the warm colours are gorgeous on my dark brown eyes.

I also love that you can get a neutral look or really vamp it up depending on which shades you use. Therefore I find myself reaching for this palette almost everyday and it's my all-time favourite Sephora purchase!

I took off one lippie because of the packaging - I wish the palette had a magnetic closure or something, so I could travel with it. I also wish the body of the palette wasn't in pink velour-type material because it gets soooooo dirty. Also, the brush that comes with it is meh.. but that's to be expected I suppose!

I am so so late to the Modern Renaissance bandwagon, but I have hopped on it hard, lol. I bought this about 6 months ago and use it a lot. They are super soft shadows, and a little goes a long way, and they are super easy to blend! Even the scary bright pinks are not scary, they blend like a dream. I can do so many looks! Just the oranges! Oranges and browns! Cool with the light pinks! Let's do reds! If I'm feeling uninspired, I reach for this because any look I do turns out great.

I got this on sale at Ulta, you can use your 20% off coupon on it- but even if you paid $42 for it, it's totally worth it. The packaging is okay, I can see that it would get dirty easily, but mine hasn't.

I highly recommend this, the hype is real with this product.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Absolutely nothing but positive things to say about this palette. That being said, I wouldn’t say it was my go-to eyeshadow palette for everyday makeup looks, on account of it being super intense, but I definitely reach for it when I want some serious eye drama. Richly pigmented, gorgeous shades, buttery soft and super blendable...., everything you want from a quality eyeshadow palette. Worth every penny! 👌🏼

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Believe the hype for this one!

When I first got it, I wasn't sure if I'd be able to use this on an everyday basis, however it's a lot more versatile than I originally thought. These are honestly some of the best eyeshadows I've ever used. They're extremely creamy and pigmented- lightly dipping your brush into the pan is usually sufficient. They apply so smoothly and blend seamlessly- they pretty much do the work for you! Every single shade in this palette is beautiful. I'm really happy that red tones are a thing.

My favorite color in this palette is Antique Bronze- it's so unique and absolutely stunning. I get tons of compliments when I wear it, and I'd say it's a pretty universally flattering shade. I like to put this all over my lid with Cyprus Umber on the outer corner and Buon Fresco to blend it out.

The only bad thing is that a lot of the shades do have fall out, and there's a good amount of kick back in the pans. However, when shadows are this pigmented, it's to be expected. Like I mentioned, you don't even need to load up your brush with a lot of eyeshadow so it's not a huge problem.

Don't be intimidated by these colors- play around with them, try different looks! It's really worth the price, and I believe that Anastasia Beverly Hills makes some of the best eyeshadows on the market.

on 12/24/2017 12:30:00 PM

I really didn't have much interest in this all year, mostly because I went crazy this year and have purchased at least 10 or 12 palettes(shameful!)... I picked it up this week on sale, and really am pleased with it...the shades are buttery, pigmented, and there are a lot of looks that can be created. It's a nice addition to my collection, and I definitely recommend... I really want to give it 3.5 stars just based on packaging alone lol, but I really can't because the shadows are fab .. I do love Anastasia products, but man their packaging is so cheap looking, especially for the price..I expect Morphe or Colour Pop to have cheap packaging based on their price point... No one beats Tarte for beautiful/luxe packaging.

on 12/10/2017 10:03:00 PM

The Modern Renaissance is one of my most-used palettes. The pinks and reds are a nice way of adding colours to an everyday look. Antique Bronze is a well loved shade as it is the perfect colour to deepen the outer V (&raw sienna is also used as my transition shade).
For my NC25-30 skin-tone, I don't tend to use the 'Tempera', 'Golden Ochre' and 'Buon Fresco' as they barely show up on me and/or look dirty on my eyelids. This is a rather powdery palette but if applied slowly and in the steps of: 'grab a little bit of pigment, press onto lid, blend, add a bit more pigment, press onto lid, blend' you can easily build it up to your desired look. It is very fun to play with however I do only tend to use 5/6 of the shades. I find that 'Venetian Red' is just a mixture of 'Love Letter' and 'Red Ochre' and so I don't tend to use it. I do like the sleek packaging, however it does collect dirt and much of the kickback from the powdery-ness of the shadows. The brush is standard but gets dirty very quickly. Nice to have a mirror but I don't tend to use it. I like the shimmery shades 'Primavera' and 'Vermeer' as a highlighting the inner corner shade.

Popular Palettes