Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.6

on 11/17/2017 1:56:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I am tardy to the party on this one. This is a fantastic, high quality palette. The shadows are so smooth and almost creamy. They blend like a dream. I am no make up artist but this palette truly makes it easy. Never in a million years did I think I would like or even wear Venetian Red but I do and it looks so pretty. The only think I don't like is the packaging. The velvet case is impractical but it is pretty.

on 11/11/2017 4:21:00 AM

Absolutely beautiful product. Applies and blends like a dream, and I have already hit pan on half the palette. I will say there is sometimes some minor fallout, but I do my eyemakeup first, so its not really an issue for me. The packaging does get dirty easily, I find, but other wise, I highly recommend this product.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I don’t like spending a lot of money on eyeshadow palettes...I like versatility and many palettes only do one type of look or aren’t easy to blend. I’m still figuring out and experimenting with eyeshadow techniques and looks so I’ve usually stuck to brown and nuetral shades...a bit more forgiving but not as dramatic. I really wanted a fall/holiday themed palette and it was down to the Modern Renaissance of UD Heat. I watched a ton of YouTube videos and finally decided to try this because of the wide range of colors as compared to the more orange shades on Heat.
It is incredibly pigmented and creamy...I feel like you could be a total nube with eyeshadows and this would still blend beautifully. I even stopped watching tutorials and just played with the colors on my own (which is HUGE because I am really not that good with dramatic eye makeup and it usually ends up looking muddy or splotchy) but all of these work together beautifully and I always get compliments....it’s probably because I usually don’t wear colors like this.
I noticed a few beauty gurus saw it is only for bold looks but TBH, I’ve used it for very neutral, romantic looks too! I avoid the darker and more shimmery shades and it creates a really pretty, soft look.
Regardless of your ability, this is a really nice palette, I haven’t tried the brush it comes with because I just recently upgraded my brushes to the Sigma set and I’ve been playing around with those.

This is another much hyped about eyeshadow palette on Youtube. I finally gave in to the hype a month ago and tried it out for about handful of times and I have to agree with the positive reviews - this is such an amazing palette! You would really enjoy this palette if you love your warmed toned eyeshadows, but unlike other organge/brown/gold combinations that have been done to death by other brands, they threw in some gorgeous rich pink/cranberry/red shades that may seem intimidating at first, but look absolutely gorgeous on. I love how versatile this palette is, you can do a very basic look to full on glam and there is a lot of possibilities.

The formula of these eyeshadows are so pigmented - I only need to dab my brushes (never had to swirl) and I get tons of pigment. The colors are easy to blend but don't get muddy. I cannot comment on the staying power because I also have my primer on so they stay all day.

The only thing I am not crazy about is the packaging. It looks beautiful, but I wish they didn't make it in suede it gets dirty real quickly. I am so bummed about this because that means I won't be taking it with me while I travel.

Overall very pleased with my purchase and I would definitely recommend.

on 10/16/2017 10:03:00 PM

I can finally see why everyone loves this palette. Every time I see a classmate of mine wearing super pretty, buttery looking eyeshadows, I ask them what they're wearing and they all tell me ABH modern renaissance. One of my classmates let me borrow hers before I got my own and I totally understand the hype surrounding this. The pigment, the shades, the formula are ALL AMAZING. I was hesitant to get this palette because I wasn't a big fan of the magenta shades, but they're growing on me.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

There’s a reason everybody’s in love with this one! 110% one of the BEST palettes IN THE COSMETIC industry, this and the new too faced just peachy mattes palette are my absolute holy grails!

This is a no brainer...if you are unsure go swatch it for yourself...the fact that it has been available for so long now and get they are constantly selling out of it at my local sephora says alot!
You will read things like buttery, pigmented, magical, blendable, smooth etc when used to describe this palette and those are all accurate words. I am a very neutral gal when it comes to eyeshadow, I have more warm toned neutral palettes than any one person should own. I swatched this months ago and fell in love with the texture. I was on the fence about the red, plum, burgendy, orange toned shades thinking that I couldn't pull off vibrant colors at my age but I couldn't pass it up bc of the formula.I bought it and spent only a few minutes playing around with it before realizing that these are VERY wearable colors! They layer so nice and blend out so good. Go swatch it for yourself. I still reach for this several times a week over all other palettes...I wish the packaging didnt get so dirty but that's not an issue. I have have hit pan on a few shades after many many months of almost daily use and am planning to repurchase soon! As always ABH did a great job with this one...the subculture palette not so much but that's a diff subject! All in all a deff staple to have in your collection.

on 9/14/2017 4:44:00 AM

I am in love with this palette. The colors are beautiful and the shadows are soft and easily blend able. It's a pricey palette but it's worth it. Also come with a nice dual sided brush. Some of the shadows have a bit of fallout but nothing horrible.

on 8/11/2017 9:28:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

The quality of these eyeshadows is outstanding. They blend beautifully and last on my lids longer than most eyeshadows. Very impressive actually. Usually my eyeshadow only lasts about 6-8 hrs but this eyeshadow can last hours longer. I do feel like a couple of the red shades are too similar. Also the price per gram is very high.

on 7/21/2017 12:46:00 PM

Very pigmented, easy-to-blend, and a reasonable sized pan