Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.6

on 4/25/2018 3:10:00 AM

this is an all time favorite. I've had it for a year now. anytime I use it. it knocks my socks off.

on 4/9/2018 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is an extremely popular palette, so I’ll probably be regarded as a deviant for saying anything critical but here goes: you don’t get much product for the price plus the packaging just gets dirty because of the eyeshadow fallout. There isn’t much fallout from a single use, but it really builds up over time. The two burgundy shades are also too similar and the eyeshadows themselves tend to muddy up if you apply more than four even if you use a tiny amount. This is nice, but once I hit pan, I’ll probably only buy singles because other than the two burgundy shades, I have warm browns and oranges that I can dupe them with.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really love these colours. They are absolutely gorgeous. Despite being oft-imitated, this is the still the best out of all the red-based palettes I've tried. The only reason I deducted a lippie is that some of the shadows do have fallout and I don't find the oranges to be quite as blendable as I'd like. Other than that, I have no complaints and I'd still buy this again.

on 2/10/2018 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Price-$42.00 which I think is a great price for this palette. I LOVE this palette! A LOT! I would definitely repurchase
I'm not sure why some of the reviews here on MUA are so bad but on Influenster it has 4.89 based on 19,874 reviews. That's pretty darn high.

14 shades include (descriptions from Ulta website):
• Tempera (velvety beige w/ an ultra-matte finish)
• Golden Ochre (earthy yellow w/ an ultra-matte finish)
• Vermeer (iridescent shell w/ a metallic finish)
• Buon Fresco (antique lavender w/ an ultra- matte finish)
• Antique Bronze (metallic sable w/ a satin finish)
• Love Letter (raspberry w/ an ultra-matte finish)
• Cyprus Umber (dark coffee w/ an ultra-matte finish)
• Raw Sienna (neutral amber w/ an ultra-matte finish)
• Burnt Orange (deep orange w/ an ultra-matte finish)
• Primavera (shimmery gold dust w/ an ultra-matte finish)
• Red Ochre (sienna w/ an ultra-matte finish)
• Venetian Red (crimson w/ an ultra-matte finish)
• Warm Taupe (earthy gray w/ an ultra-matte finish)
• Realgar (brick w/ an ultra-matte finish)

It comes with a double ended brush one end to apply the shadows and one end to blend. It’s actually a pretty decent brush and I use it sometimes. The palette is sturdy, has a magnetic closure works well, the names of the colors are on each color, which I really appreciate but it has the suede type of material that will get dirty easily. One of my other favorite palettes has the same material, my It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Vol I. I put both of these palettes back in the box when I am finished using them and they are stay clean but if you toss them in your makeup drawer out of the box, they will get nasty looking over time.

I absolutely love this pallet and almost all the colors in it. I can create so many different looks and the colors all look so nice with each other. I really love golden ochre, I’m going to run out of it first because I usually start with it as my transition color and I use it when I use other palettes too. I don’t find they have anymore fallout than any other mattes. The formula is silky, so smooth and they are well pigmented. One color, the darkest, Cypress Umber is insanely pigmented and soft. I mean you really have to just barely touch it with your brush then tap it off or it can be a bit hard to work with if you didn’t want a really it to be that dark where you apply it. I use it mostly with a push brush to tight line my upper lashes and sometimes very sparingly on the outer corner. One good thing about these is that the shades are very buildable but also very blendable and moveable, so if you get too much you can blend with a good brush and all will be well.

I like every color in this pallet. I wish they were all available as singles but only 3 of them are available, warm taupe, burnt orange (which I already have) and buon fresco.

I don’t find that any of them oxidize and they apply so easily and blend like a dream. Less is more with these. It just takes a little and I tap, tap tap. If applied and blended right, and you take your time, they never look muddy and look so beautiful on the eyes. I had really not expected to love this as much as I do but on days I don’t use it and use something else, I’m still wanting to grab it and use it. I can do a soft, everyday look with the lighter shades or if I wanted to, I could go crazy and do a super bold look (which I rarely do). I love all of the red & cranberry tones, none of them give me that sick pink red eye look. I usually use them only on the outer corner but have used them on the lid blending until they are sheerer. The 2 shimmers can be kind of hard to work with. Once you apply, if you add more, it removes the first application, they are hard to build up unless you wet your brush, then they are very intense.

The possibilities are many and they always look nice and not over done for an every day look. I use buon fresco a lot as transition and on the lid when I want a cooler toned look. It looks pretty as a transition shade with Vermeer on the lid and love letter on the outer corner and on the outer part of the crease then blended very slightly into the rest of the crease fading toward inner part of the crease. A simple understated ever day look.

I definitely understand the hype over this palette and this time I think it is well deserved. The colors are all beautiful, silky smooth, blend seamlessly and last all day long. I would take this over any of the Naked palettes any day due to their lack of mattes.

on 1/8/2018 2:46:00 PM

This was a gift from my husband. The salesperson steered him to this palette and I am so happy he did. I love how pigmented the colors are. What you see is what you get. They blend well and look fantastic on. Buy this palettte.

This palette has a nice colour selection. They appear to be very bold and bright, and they certainly can be, but can be extremely soft and natural as well. You can achieve great neutral, day time looks, but can go full glam or full dramatique and bold as well. It's very versatile.
The quality of the eyeshadows is amazing. They are soft, buttery, extremely pigmented and blend very effortlessly. The brush is great as well. Althought I imagined it to be bigger based on the videos and pictures I saw before purchasing it, I don't regret it. For the quality, the price tag is great. The shade primavera, btw, is an amazing shade for an upper lip/tip of the nose highlight. So ethereal looking.
In conclusion, this is an amazing palette to add to your collection. I believe you won't regret it.
The only downside, for me at least, is the packaging. Although the velvety packaging is gorgeous, it can get messy real quick. First time I used it, it was already stained. But except for that, it's great.

I really have fallen in love with this Palette. This is I think the ONLY Palette in my large collection that doesn't have one color I don't like or won't use. I'm able to do looks prepay for daytime as well as a great night out look. Only a little fall out from certain colors, but they blend nicely and stay strong for a long time. Best thing... This could work with any skin tone. I always take my decision seriously when I decide to spend that kind of money on a makeup product and this was a splurge I'll never regret!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This palette has enough reviews. The only reason I'm chiming in is because I'm 50 years old, and this is the first palette I've ever hit pan on. I'm NC20 leaning neutral, and I can wear every color in the palette. Even the reds are wearable and can be worn to the office when done right. I highly recommend this.

on 4/21/2017 9:51:00 AM

These colors are very pretty, they are creamy and blend well and look fantastic on. However I get alot of fallout from this palette which is disappointing because I really love these colors but I find myself reaching for other shadows instead that dont fall on my face

My go-to palette. The pigmentation is CRAZY, the shadows are so buttery and blendable.
Only thing I have to say: there's a little bit of fallout, but nothing crazy, I've had this problem with most of the palettes I own. And the brush isn't the best, but it does its job. I like the "flat" part of it, more than the blending one.