Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.2

on 7/24/2017 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

One of the few eyeshadow palettes that I would repurchase, I love it that much. The shadows are all so highly pigmented, buttery and blend like a dream. This can look a bit scarey as there are deep reds and dark bright pinks and oranges, but they go together beautifully even for me - and I'm 51. The pinks can be bold, or blended out. The two shimmers are an excellent formula and last on the eyelid until removed. An amazing palette and well worth the hype.

on 6/9/2017 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I waited many months for this palette to be restocked at Sephora and was thrilled when it finally was! I previously bought the Mario palette by ABH and fell in love with their formula! Upon first use of Modern Renaissance I was disappointed. I usually have no problem if eye shadows have some kickback because those are usually the most pigmented shadows. However, this palette has kickback like no tomorrow. I feel like I'm wasting so much product whenever I dip my brush in because soooooo much of the product falls out. In the four months I have owned this palette I think I have only used it two or three times. I am also a huge fan of warm toned eye shadows but these just don't do it for me. The organgey shades turn up very similar on the eyes (which are the everyday colours) and I'm too scared to dip into the deeper colours because of the amount of fall out they produce! Not down to have bright red/pink shadow all over my cheeks!

I also HATE the packaging. This has to be one of the worst packaging for cosmetics I have ever seen (and I am a huge fan of anythink pink). But the velvet texture on the outside of the palette picks up EVERYTHING and will not come off. This is especially problematic since there is so much kickback in the eye shadows and it all just stick to the outside of the palette making it look really dirty and gross.

I seriously do not understand why this palette is so overrated. I may have enjoyed it more if I did not go in with such high expectations. It is an okay palette that I will use a few times a year, but no where near a holy grail product that is in constant use.

Unfortunately the Mario palette (my fav) is no longer available, but my current favourite palette that is in stock is the Tartelette In Bloom palette by tarte, it's the perfect palette from day to night!

on 5/20/2017 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have had this for about a month now and I have done several different looks with this palette and I LOVE it! Modern Renaissance has a ton of variety between warma and cooler pink toned looks, the shadows are VERY pigmented and any fallout can be dealt with b y tapping the brush before applying. It is now my favorite palette!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Okay, I never ever thought ANY eyeshadows could be this amazing! It's magical !
This thing is so fucking expensive, but amazing! The colours are so beautiful and bendable and do last good on my eyelids. They are so pigmented that its almost too much, it's like painting on your eyelids!
Absolutely love it, and think I want to try more of her eyeshadows.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my favorite palette that I've ever used. Pinks/Reds aren't typically my colors but these shades are perfect. The formula is amazing as well.. better than any high end eye shadow I've tried. The only thing I don't like is the packaging- the "soft" top is nasty feeling.

on 4/5/2017 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my first palette from AOBH. I wanted to try something a bit more different than the everyday nudes I wear, like the Urban Decay Naked 2 & Naked Basics, respectfully. The quality of the pigmentation is impressive. I find the product similar to NARS shadows. Although, I really don't like the felt packaging. I feel that as soon as I put pallette in my makeup case, it's going to get so disgusting.The Buon Fresco, Primavera, Vermier and Antique bronze are absolutely stunning. However, I highly doubt I will ever wear Love Letter and Venetian Red. Overall, this is a great buy for those who is looking for something a little more adventurous and really likes to play up the eye.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was doubtful about buying this at first since I mostly use neutral colors. This palette is amazing I thought it would be overrated and not good but the quality is amazing. You can do so many different looks with this palette and it blends like a dream. My favorite palette ever I'm in love!

on 3/21/2017 5:23:00 PM

Love the shades, perfect pigmentation and blends easily. One of my "go-tos".

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a truly beautiful palette that every makeup lover should own!

I can't say enough good things about this palette. The colours are absolutely gorgeous, the formula is lovely and the shadows blend effortlessly. You have the perfect amount of finishes with nine mattes a five shimmers which in my opinion, is ideal as this allows you to create loads of different looks with the palette alone. It's incredibly versatile. These colours are on the warmer side so if you're someone who prefers cooler toned shadows I would pass this up. The berry tones and browns will really complement brown eyes and the orange tones will look beautiful on blue eyes.

I haven't stopped using this palette since I've brought it. You can get the most beautiful day time appropriate looks and easily amp it up to a night time look with the addition of another shadow. And as a non professional, the fact that the shadows are so easy to blend make me love this even more.

The only negative I have on this product is how soft the shadows are. This means you might hit pan quicker with this than you would another palette so remember not to go in with a really heavy hand. You really don't need much product as they go a long way. The price of this is what put me off buying it for so long, at £41 I wasn't sure if this would be an investment but I'm so glad I brought it. I would absolutely re-purchase this and I cannot recommend this enough.

on 1/22/2017 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am so disappointed in this after all the massive, relentless hype. Just touching it for the first time with a fingertip, I was shocked that the dark shades were dry and gritty. They felt like an old Cover Girl or Rimmel quad. What??? The paler shades are very creamy but there is nothing new here. Most importantly, I don't get this craze for red eyeshadows. Sure they are beautiful colours but it's too easy too look ill when you put red around your eyes. OK I have seen some youtubers using just the brown and cream shades and it looks great. But why buy this when those are in every palette? It's funny, when I went to Sephora the Anastasia display was not where it used to be (in the back, on a little display at the end of an aisle). So I looked in the middle of the store and there it was. The star. Taking up an entire lengthwise aisle. They are no longer a "little" obscure company. Obviously they are very, very popular. But I won't be having red rimmed eyes, thanks. Any of the palettes in my stash have most of the useful colours in here. The funny thing is I still want to like it after reading all the glowing, adoring reviews. Maybe it's me and I should try harder to make it work. Or maybe I just got a bad batch.