Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.3

on 5/29/2018 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am late to the Modern Renaissance craze , but I am glad I finally purchased this palette. Love Letter and Venetian Red are unique colors that I did not previously own, and my favorite of this palette. I love velvet, but the packaging gets dirty very easily. I just take a makeup wipe to clean it and that works to get it clean. The shadows are extremely powdery, even if you dip your brush in lightly , excess powder still kicks up, mixing into the nearby shades, making the mirror constantly dirty when you close the palette. The brush I actually like. The crease side does feel scratchy and rough , but it does apply the eyeshadow just fine .

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Modern Renaissance contains fourteen shadows in a mix of eleven mattes, one satin and two metallics; Tempera [Velvety beige with an ultra-matte finish], Golden Ochre [Earthy yellow with an ultra-matte finish], Vermeer [Iridescent shell with a metallic finish], Buon Fresco [Antique lavender with an ultra-matte finish], Antique Bronze [Metallic sable with a satin finish], Love Letter [Raspberry with an ultra-matte finish], Cyprus Umber [Dark coffee with an ultra-matte finish], Realgar [Brick with an ultra-matte finish], Warm Taupe [Earthy gray with an ultra-matte finish], Venetian Red [Crimson with an ultra-matte finish], Red Ochre [Sienna with an ultra-matte finish], Primavera [shimmery gold dust with a metallic finish], Burnt Orange [deep orange with an ultra-matte finish] and Raw Sienna [neutral amber with an ultra-matte finish]. You also get a double-ended brush, with is surprisingly high quality and is something that I regularly use [The shades Burnt Orange, Buon Fresco and Warm Taupe can be brought as individual shadows, and the other eleven shades can only be found in this palette].

This palette caught my eye because it is full of warm shades that will keep me happy all-year round and for every occasion; the matte to shimmer ratio is very practical, there are plenty of safer more 'everyday' neutral shades, but there are lovely bolder colour pops too, in my favourite shadow shades [pinky reds and orange]. The shadows all have fantastic pigmentation, everything is easy to blend & build up, and there's no heavy shimmer/glitter that doesn't adhere to skin and goes everywhere, plus everything is crease & fade resistant. I've not had any issues with shades muddying together or oxidizing to feedback - I believe those problems are being caused by people applying too much product and/or overblending the soft shadows. Speaking of soft shadow; there is kick-up with most of the shades in this palette when I dip my brushes into the pans, but that is something that never really bothers me as long as the powders apply and perform well, which these do.

I can't think of any complaints or niggles with Modern Renaissance - it's the very few "mad raves" cosmetic products I've tried that has lived up to it's hype for me. I've been strict and removed a lippie as you only get 8g of product in this palette, which is very stingy considering the £43 price tag.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

perfect. gorg colours. BEST pigment ever, so blendable. i love this it is a must have

Video Reviews & Tutorials