Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.7

on 6/29/2016 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

What an awesome palette! First of all, it's so NOT BORING! I was getting exhausted by all those brown champagne neutral palettes on the market nowadays, so yawn inducing! But not this baby! It's so vibrant, eye popping, gorgeous, full of sassy attitude and potential. This is my first experience with ABH shadows, and I'm very impressed. These shadows are better than UD, Smashbox, Tarte, and a plethora of other mid- high end brands I tried. The only one that compares is Lorac, but ABH is still better. The formula is very soft, extremely pigmented, easily blendable, stays put all day. The color selection is fabulous! I can't name another palette like this that would perform as well and have such saturated vibrant colors. (Yes Violet Voss HG is similar, but the formula is overpriced Chinese shit! No comparison ) . I would love to try other palettes by ABH as well, but I've heard that this one is a step up from prior formulas.
The only qualm I have with this palette is the packaging. It's a dupe for IT cosmetics palettes, and the velvet gets very dirty. ABH should adapt Stila's packaging (the soul, spirit, mind, body palettes) those are great.
I have no issues with the price increase. Believe me, in the past you've bought a crappy overpriced palette for more than this gem would cost. If your skin tone can accept very warm and red tones then you should get this palette.

on 7/12/2016 4:38:00 AM

These shadows are soooooo pigmented! Yeah they'll kick up dust if you sweep your brushes back & forth through them, but they're pigmented enough that all you need is a tiny bit of product. I lightly press/push my brushes into them, & get plenty of product. If any is left on top, I pick it up lightly w/a brush & use it (waste not & all that๐Ÿ˜‰).
The colors are super complementary to one another. You can layer & layer & layer, & your look won't be muddy.
Yes, it costs more than the ABH palettes usually do, but I swear it's a new formula. It stays on bare skin! The 1st swatches I did were on bare skin & on my bare eyes, & they last! So soft, so pigmented, so worth it!
LOVE IT!!!๐Ÿ˜˜

on 8/3/2016 9:32:00 AM

This is so good that I would buy a second palette even if this is not limited edition! I am obsessed with palettes and I have a lot to last me ten lifetimes. I have all the Urban Decay Naked and Vice Palettes, Lorac Pro Palettes and Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palettes. I have a couple of Stila and I have the glorious matte and shimmery palettes of VISEART. But by God I was blown when I used this palette! This happened to be my first ever Anastasia Beverly Hills palette and it surely did not disappoint! All the shadows are very very pigmented. The texture is similar to Lorac Pro's buttery soft shadows. A little goes a long way. The brush I am not a fan of but I just don't care about it. The shadows are to sing praises for. I am totally impressed! It's a lot cheaper than Urban Decay but it trumps all my UD, TF and Lorac palettes. It truly is a close second to my Viseart palettes.

If ABH continues to make shadows of this quality and at this price range, it will surely become the brand to beat. I am looking forward to ordering my second modern renaissance palette. Why? Simply because I am addicted to the quality and color of these shadows. All hail ABH!

on 9/6/2016 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This palette is so good!! I bought the chocolate bar a few weeks before and I was so happy with it but after getting this palette I could inmediately tell that the quality in this palette is better! Pigmentation, softness and color payoff is just amazing, the only reason I didn't give it the 5 lippies is because the packaging gets dirty very quickly! If you don't mine that, you'll end up getting a unique, beautiful and versatile palette!
Ps; the brush is good quality

Beautiful beautiful palette! I love all the colors and they are super pigmented. The bright reds and pinks really make the eyes pop! Im so glad my friend got me this as a birthday gift I love it. The packaging and size is different from the other ABH palettes I have, but it doesn't bother me too much. I can't say enough good things about this palette other than WOW!

I just love half of the colors and will probably never use the other half... it's still worth it for the price but I think it's weird they chose to put all of those colors together.

on 12/14/2016 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Absolutely love this palette! Has to be my favourite beauty purchase I have ever made (so far)! Being in the UK this was hard to get hold of, but as soon as I saw it I had to snatch it up before it sold out yet again! The shades are so wearable and versatile. I feel like I could make a really natural day look, but the deep warm tones mean that you can create an amazing evening look too. An all around amazing product with amazing blendabilty and pigmentation, some shades have a bit of fall-out but I look over that because that is my only con with this palette. The shades last a pretty decent amount of time on my lids as well, I haven't tried without a primer yet, but in conjunction with the UD primer potion it lasts really well all day for me.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This palette is worth every penny. She is the reason I started to use these colors in my daily makeup. I love love love ...

I normally gravitate towards cooler colours, I'm an NW15 with dark hair and eyes and with slight redness to my cheeks. Having previously bought naked one and deciding bronze and gold were not my colours I had resigned myself to the fact that warmer colours just didn't look good on me. However, after hearing so many glowing reviews of this palette I thought why not give it a try- if it doesn't suit you then you know for sure not to buy a warmer palette again. I am so glad that I did!

The colours are beautiful- rich, deep and vibrant. The pigmentation- oh jings. I am now wondering what the hell I was thinking with my collection of urban decay palettes. They seem a wee bit lacklustre in comparison. One light dip of the brush is enough for proper colour payoff. They also wear well on my oily lids throughout the day.

I know that I'm gushing a bit here, but I feel like this palette has broken me out of my taupe eyeshadow rut. If anyone is on the fence about it, I recommend that you give it a go. It is one of the few products truly worth the hype IMO.

on 2/3/2017 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

The other reviews pretty much say it all - smooth, pigmented, easily blended. Love the warm colors. The brush is meh. The only thing I really dislike is the velvet container it comes in -- the velvet feels really nice at first but after a few weeks it gets dirty and dusty and becomes kind of an eyesore