Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.5

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

i really love this Platte like seriously . its very pigmented and the colors are absolutely amazing . i created a video on my thoughts on some other make up products you guys should check it out .

Check it out ? :)

on 6/9/2017 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I waited many months for this palette to be restocked at Sephora and was thrilled when it finally was! I previously bought the Mario palette by ABH and fell in love with their formula! Upon first use of Modern Renaissance I was disappointed. I usually have no problem if eye shadows have some kickback because those are usually the most pigmented shadows. However, this palette has kickback like no tomorrow. I feel like I'm wasting so much product whenever I dip my brush in because soooooo much of the product falls out. In the four months I have owned this palette I think I have only used it two or three times. I am also a huge fan of warm toned eye shadows but these just don't do it for me. The organgey shades turn up very similar on the eyes (which are the everyday colours) and I'm too scared to dip into the deeper colours because of the amount of fall out they produce! Not down to have bright red/pink shadow all over my cheeks!

I also HATE the packaging. This has to be one of the worst packaging for cosmetics I have ever seen (and I am a huge fan of anythink pink). But the velvet texture on the outside of the palette picks up EVERYTHING and will not come off. This is especially problematic since there is so much kickback in the eye shadows and it all just stick to the outside of the palette making it look really dirty and gross.

I seriously do not understand why this palette is so overrated. I may have enjoyed it more if I did not go in with such high expectations. It is an okay palette that I will use a few times a year, but no where near a holy grail product that is in constant use.

Unfortunately the Mario palette (my fav) is no longer available, but my current favourite palette that is in stock is the Tartelette In Bloom palette by tarte, it's the perfect palette from day to night!

I love this palette mostly because it is SO pigmented, I wish all palettes were this easy to apply! All it takes is one little tap into the shadow and you will have plenty of product, you may even have to tap some off. The colors are beautiful and the color combo makes it possible to use for light daytime eye or darker night eyes. I love the packaging, except I wish the outside was easier to keep clean. its kind of velvety. The brush that comes with it seems kind of cheap but actually works very well.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

ONE OF THE BEST WARM TONE PALETTE I HAVE
you want an orange-ish look? there you go
you want a reddish look? there you go
easy to blend, pigmentation is great
the brush is quite helpful
but i just don't really like the material of the packaging

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love this pallette is my HG.easy to blend.i can use this pallette alone to do several looks and don't have to use any other, shadows r soft n silky packaging is really nice n you get a ABH.brush inside the pallette. expensive but worth it in my opinion.

on 5/20/2017 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have had this for about a month now and I have done several different looks with this palette and I LOVE it! Modern Renaissance has a ton of variety between warma and cooler pink toned looks, the shadows are VERY pigmented and any fallout can be dealt with b y tapping the brush before applying. It is now my favorite palette!

on 5/16/2017 6:18:00 AM

This palette really is amazing. The colors are gorgeous and they all blend SO easily. I was a little hesitant about trying the red shades but they are really pretty blended into the crease and outer corner. I highly recommend this palette!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Okay, I never ever thought ANY eyeshadows could be this amazing! It's magical !
This thing is so fucking expensive, but amazing! The colours are so beautiful and bendable and do last good on my eyelids. They are so pigmented that its almost too much, it's like painting on your eyelids!
Absolutely love it, and think I want to try more of her eyeshadows.

One of the best eyeshadow palette that I have. The colour is so pigmented a little goes a long way I'm not joking. The powder is sooo soft and hardly use any primer. It just sticks to ur skin like butter. Blending also very easy.
There are only two downsides for me. First, it has a lot of fallout especially when I use crease brush, such a waste. Secondly, the velvet packaging. It is so nice to the touch but it kept everything sticks to it. Overall it's a nice product worth the hype.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

The formula of this is like everyone says it is, very soft and has a lot of kickback which means if your too hard on it a lot of powder is gonna go to waste and you'll go through it a lot faster.
Use a flat brush or a more dense brush to pick up the color though and of course be gentle and there's almost zero fallout. Use a fluffy brush or a crease brush and you'll get quite a bit.

The brush included is decent, the fluffy or blending side is a little scratchy but it's okay, the other side though is fantastic. I absolutely love it and I'm really glad I got this palette not just for the shades but because I don't have to spend money on a flat (but not too flat) eyeshadow brush.

The colors are very easy to blend, and pigmented enough that they don't become one color if you blend a lot although I could see that eventually happening.

Also very very pigmented. You do not need much and it is nice for darker skinned women in that sense I would imagine. ABH always looks out for everyone it seems that's why I love them, along with knowing I'm not using a product tested on animals (I don't solely buy cruelty free but I try to. Might as well show companies we do care about this stuff right.)

The Venetian red and love letter are super pretty, they're berry brown tones but leaning way more towards the berry side. Looks pretty good actually even though I don't really like those colors in shadows although I do have to add other colors so it doesn't look off to me (I tend to gravitate towards cooler taupes and browns anyway, even orangey shadows I'm iffy about). Speaking of orange shadows, the ones in here are the only ones that actually look nice on me for once. So that's a huge plus.

Continuing on about the actual colors of the shadows, I believe the top row leans more cool ish (or at least not as warm) and the bottom is more warm. You can definitely tell by looking at the shimmer colors as the bottom one is more golden. The top shimmer color I absolutely adore, perfect inner highlight shade and I never used to use inner highlight shades. The brush may help as the flat side is perfect to add that.

And despite any differences in undertones they still look good together. Super easy to throw together a look with this palette and easy to add more colors as well which is a huge plus to me as I've never had that with my other palettes.

I usually wear this with the essence primer and it lasts pretty well, a tiny bit of fading after a few hours but nothing major that doesn't happen with other shadows I've tried at similiar price points.