Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

3.3

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Is this the best palette of all time or is this the best palette of all time? For me, at least, it is. I hadn't really tried anything from ABH before this palette blew up, but as soon as I saw swatches I knew this thing had to be mine. Very quickly it became my favorite palette because of its versatility and the amazing, mind-blowing, off the charts quality of the shadows. I can do day or night looks, subtle or dramatic looks, and anything in between with this palette. I wish it had one medium shimmery shade for lids, but otherwise this palette is practically perfect in every way.

on 1/22/2017 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am so disappointed in this after all the massive, relentless hype. Just touching it for the first time with a fingertip, I was shocked that the dark shades were dry and gritty. They felt like an old Cover Girl or Rimmel quad. What??? The paler shades are very creamy but there is nothing new here. Most importantly, I don't get this craze for red eyeshadows. Sure they are beautiful colours but it's too easy too look ill when you put red around your eyes. OK I have seen some youtubers using just the brown and cream shades and it looks great. But why buy this when those are in every palette? It's funny, when I went to Sephora the Anastasia display was not where it used to be (in the back, on a little display at the end of an aisle). So I looked in the middle of the store and there it was. The star. Taking up an entire lengthwise aisle. They are no longer a "little" obscure company. Obviously they are very, very popular. But I won't be having red rimmed eyes, thanks. Any of the palettes in my stash have most of the useful colours in here. The funny thing is I still want to like it after reading all the glowing, adoring reviews. Maybe it's me and I should try harder to make it work. Or maybe I just got a bad batch.

on 9/13/2016 1:34:00 PM

This is a very nice set of shadows. Warm toned, they blend well and there is a nice array in terms of types of consistencies. The pigmentation is crazy but with that comes fall out so be warned. These colors certainly go well with this winter's trend of reddish hues and since I have always been a fan of warmer shades I am pleased to see them here. [Caveat: To be honest, however, I feel that there are a couple of shadows that look very similar to each other or at least come off that way when blended on the eye.] Overall I would recommend this palette if you like the warmer, reddish colors in shadows. Although a bit more expensive than some other Anastasia shadow collections, this is probably worth the money.

Video Reviews & Tutorials