Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Filtered by skin tone : Medium age: 44-55
Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Absolutely nothing but positive things to say about this palette. That being said, I wouldn’t say it was my go-to eyeshadow palette for everyday makeup looks, on account of it being super intense, but I definitely reach for it when I want some serious eye drama. Richly pigmented, gorgeous shades, buttery soft and super blendable...., everything you want from a quality eyeshadow palette. Worth every penny! 👌🏼

I finally broke down and got this lovely palette. I wanted it since it came out but I held off for 2 reasons:

-just couldn't justify buying yet another palette.
- I thought I was too old to pull off these colors

But lo and behold, what do i find in my inbox but a 20% coupon for Ulta. That was all the motivation I needed.

I love this palette so much! Every single time I went to Ulta & Sephora I swatched this palette. The shadows are soooo very soft, pigmented, and true to color of what you see in the pans. What drew me to it is the uniqueness of the colors. They apply so darned nicely, too! I even love the brush that comes with it.There's nothing more I can say that hasn't been said on here already.

This is one of the few products in which the hype is justified, IMO. The only negative here is the packaging. Its going to drive me crazy trying to keep smudges off of it. It sure is lovely, though.

This is my go to palette if I want to be extra glamorous and all prettied up although it is an awesome palette for daily use, too (I have the Tartelette in Bloom which I'd bought much earlier for everyday use). Got it in November 2016 when burgundy eyes were all the rage, and this palette gives the most flattering burgundy eyes I've seen on me - and my sister and mum and a few other people whose shades vary from light (NC15) to deep (NC45+). Now that spring mode is on, the palette is still a staple for warm colours that you can't really go wrong with. It isn't very often that I find a palette with all wearable colours but I can use all the shades in this one (NC37-40 for reference), which makes it super cost effective for me.

I have never found a more pigmented palette of shadows, either; just a gentle tap of your brush is all you need and you get great colour payoff which lasts for hours (although I do use a primer underneath - force of habit). Each shade is also very soft and blendable and easy to work with.

The brush it comes with is also very useful. It isn't the softest but it works - the size is also just right for packing on and blending the shadows. My only gripe is the velvet box which can get dirty very easily. Mine has stayed clean because I keep it in its box (all my makeup stays in boxes until the boxes no longer look like boxes).

All in all a great palette to have, if you need just one neutral palette that takes you from day to night, this is it (even UD Naked, which I tried to love and bought twice, is a flop by comparison).

Video Reviews & Tutorials