Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.3

on 8/11/2017 9:28:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

The quality of these eyeshadows is outstanding. They blend beautifully and last on my lids longer than most eyeshadows. Very impressive actually. Usually my eyeshadow only lasts about 6-8 hrs but this eyeshadow can last hours longer. I do feel like a couple of the red shades are too similar. Also the price per gram is very high.

on 7/24/2017 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

One of the few eyeshadow palettes that I would repurchase, I love it that much. The shadows are all so highly pigmented, buttery and blend like a dream. This can look a bit scarey as there are deep reds and dark bright pinks and oranges, but they go together beautifully even for me - and I'm 51. The pinks can be bold, or blended out. The two shimmers are an excellent formula and last on the eyelid until removed. An amazing palette and well worth the hype.

on 7/21/2017 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hands down, best palette I own (and I have many!) For the longest time I really didn't see the hype with this palette. I had bought one as a Christmas gift and decided to give in to the hype and pick one up for myself. I am glad I did!

First off, the hype around this palette is well deserved. The color payoff and pigmentation is incredible. The shadows are soft & buttery and practically blend themselves. Every color in this palette is usable for all kinds of looks......from neutral, every-day to more dramatic. Goes from lights to neutrals to darks, mattes to shimmers---all equally pigmented & blendable .

The packaging is gorgeous, as well---I ranked it 4/5 only because the suede cover is a magnet for eyeshadow dust and could get really dirty, very quickly. I'm careful with it and love it all the same.

My ONLY regret with this palette is that I did not buy it sooner.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This palette has enough reviews. The only reason I'm chiming in is because I'm 50 years old, and this is the first palette I've ever hit pan on. I'm NC20 leaning neutral, and I can wear every color in the palette. Even the reds are wearable and can be worn to the office when done right. I highly recommend this.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Definitely everything good anyone says about this palette is true: pigment, texture, colors, performance etc. all are awesome. I have not yet figured out how to do an eye look using more than a few colors from this palette, so I just stick to 3 and love the outcome every time no matter which 3 I choose. Each color looks great on its own as well. Don't let the girly pink velvet exterior fool you - this is sophisticated and bold palette that will add some interest into any collection!

I finally broke down and got this lovely palette. I wanted it since it came out but I held off for 2 reasons:

-just couldn't justify buying yet another palette.
- I thought I was too old to pull off these colors

But lo and behold, what do i find in my inbox but a 20% coupon for Ulta. That was all the motivation I needed.

I love this palette so much! Every single time I went to Ulta & Sephora I swatched this palette. The shadows are soooo very soft, pigmented, and true to color of what you see in the pans. What drew me to it is the uniqueness of the colors. They apply so darned nicely, too! I even love the brush that comes with it.There's nothing more I can say that hasn't been said on here already.

This is one of the few products in which the hype is justified, IMO. The only negative here is the packaging. Its going to drive me crazy trying to keep smudges off of it. It sure is lovely, though.

on 4/21/2017 9:51:00 AM

These colors are very pretty, they are creamy and blend well and look fantastic on. However I get alot of fallout from this palette which is disappointing because I really love these colors but I find myself reaching for other shadows instead that dont fall on my face

on 2/23/2017 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love the eyeshadows, both the texture and the colors. However, I have already hit pan on one of them, after only a month of use, and the brush broke in two after a couple of weeks.

This is my go to palette if I want to be extra glamorous and all prettied up although it is an awesome palette for daily use, too (I have the Tartelette in Bloom which I'd bought much earlier for everyday use). Got it in November 2016 when burgundy eyes were all the rage, and this palette gives the most flattering burgundy eyes I've seen on me - and my sister and mum and a few other people whose shades vary from light (NC15) to deep (NC45+). Now that spring mode is on, the palette is still a staple for warm colours that you can't really go wrong with. It isn't very often that I find a palette with all wearable colours but I can use all the shades in this one (NC37-40 for reference), which makes it super cost effective for me.

I have never found a more pigmented palette of shadows, either; just a gentle tap of your brush is all you need and you get great colour payoff which lasts for hours (although I do use a primer underneath - force of habit). Each shade is also very soft and blendable and easy to work with.

The brush it comes with is also very useful. It isn't the softest but it works - the size is also just right for packing on and blending the shadows. My only gripe is the velvet box which can get dirty very easily. Mine has stayed clean because I keep it in its box (all my makeup stays in boxes until the boxes no longer look like boxes).

All in all a great palette to have, if you need just one neutral palette that takes you from day to night, this is it (even UD Naked, which I tried to love and bought twice, is a flop by comparison).

on 1/6/2017 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

The last thing I needed was yet another eyeshadow palette. But I had a 20%-off coupon from Ulta and had heard good things, so I figured, what the hey, try it, if I don’t like it I can return it.

There is NO WAY I am returning this! By far the best palette I have ever bought, and I am talking better than all the MACs, better than all the Kat Von Ds (and certainly more interesting), better than all the Too Faced thingies, better than all the Stilas, better than all the Tartes and Tartelettes, better than all the LORAC Pros, better than all the UD Nakeds, better than pretty much everything.

Why is it better? Pigment. Holy cow, is there pigment. The only palette I own that comes close to this pigment is the UD Pulp Fiction quad from years back, but no other UD palette has ever come close to that, and now Anastasia BH has surpassed it.

It’s also better because of the color selection. Such interesting, warm, non-everyday colors – that you can still wear every day. Plus, each color is buttery soft, easy to blend, not at all chalky and really, really pops. There’s this sort of pale-mauvey pink in there called Buon Fresco that you think is going to be subtle, but no … it POPS! There’s also a nice mix of mattes and shimmers – and when I say “shimmers” I do mean “shimmers,” I don’t mean chunky glitter bombs.

For reference I’m NW20 with blue eyes and cherry-red hair. Hope this review helps someone!