Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Filtered by age: 36-43
Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.6

on 4/25/2018 3:10:00 AM

this is an all time favorite. I've had it for a year now. anytime I use it. it knocks my socks off.

i have so many palletes to choose from but I will have to say this is one of my strong go to's. I would definitely recommend if you like berry shades. The pigmentation is good. I did read other reveals mentioning the brush is no good. I agree with this. They should definitely drop the brush and knock a few bucks off the pallet. For now this is my go to.

on 1/8/2018 2:46:00 PM

This was a gift from my husband. The salesperson steered him to this palette and I am so happy he did. I love how pigmented the colors are. What you see is what you get. They blend well and look fantastic on. Buy this palettte.

on 1/4/2018 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had waited forever to buy this palette and finally splurged when it went on sale. I was going back and forth between this palette, UD Naked Heat or both ever since they came out. Finally for Christmas, I let myself get this. The colors are so pretty, the texture felt very nice and pigmented and there is an impressive matte selection. My problem was the colors on me. Most of MUA recommended this over HEAT for me. But the more I played with the MR colors there were a few issues. First, I am not great with eye makeup, but everything kept muddying together...is it me or the palette? Second, these shadows wore me. I love shades like MAC Cranberry so I thought this palette would work, but these shades came off, maybe too warm for the browns, just not good on my nw20, deep winter complexion, 3n hair and brown eyes with some hazel to them (dark under eye circles too). I tried every which way to enjoy this palette, but I never smiled once after putting on a shade. I always thought, "How can I make this work?". The people I have seen this look best on have more of a golden complexion IMO. I could make some looks work, but it took work. I was not having fun with this palette. I had the same issue I had with the Lorac Pro Matte palette with the shadows feeling soft and velvety but just muddying up on me. So this is a pretty palette and if you can work easily with the colors, gorgeous. But it just did not get along with me very well.

Sidenote: I did pick up the UD Naked Heat palette later to try. Everyone kept saying it wouldn't work on me, but a few peeps with hazel eyes said they loved it (who were my complexion). It does come off a bit warm, but not weird warm like MR did on me. It gives me a peaches and cream look when I wear the softer shades. The bolder, deeper shades give me a gorgeous bronze smokey eye like I have never been able to pull off with true "smokey" gray/black, brown shades. If you like shades like MAC Embark and Antiqued...I think you will like Heat. I will write a full review later when I have played with it longer, but it seems to sit on me easier than MR. It has also made me smile more and been easier to work with on me than MR was. I just wish I had bought the UD during the sale instead. :(

on 11/17/2017 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I am tardy to the party on this one. This is a fantastic, high quality palette. The shadows are so smooth and almost creamy. They blend like a dream. I am no make up artist but this palette truly makes it easy. Never in a million years did I think I would like or even wear Venetian Red but I do and it looks so pretty. The only think I don't like is the packaging. The velvet case is impractical but it is pretty.

This is another much hyped about eyeshadow palette on Youtube. I finally gave in to the hype a month ago and tried it out for about handful of times and I have to agree with the positive reviews - this is such an amazing palette! You would really enjoy this palette if you love your warmed toned eyeshadows, but unlike other organge/brown/gold combinations that have been done to death by other brands, they threw in some gorgeous rich pink/cranberry/red shades that may seem intimidating at first, but look absolutely gorgeous on. I love how versatile this palette is, you can do a very basic look to full on glam and there is a lot of possibilities.

The formula of these eyeshadows are so pigmented - I only need to dab my brushes (never had to swirl) and I get tons of pigment. The colors are easy to blend but don't get muddy. I cannot comment on the staying power because I also have my primer on so they stay all day.

The only thing I am not crazy about is the packaging. It looks beautiful, but I wish they didn't make it in suede it gets dirty real quickly. I am so bummed about this because that means I won't be taking it with me while I travel.

Overall very pleased with my purchase and I would definitely recommend.

This is a no brainer...if you are unsure go swatch it for yourself...the fact that it has been available for so long now and get they are constantly selling out of it at my local sephora says alot!
You will read things like buttery, pigmented, magical, blendable, smooth etc when used to describe this palette and those are all accurate words. I am a very neutral gal when it comes to eyeshadow, I have more warm toned neutral palettes than any one person should own. I swatched this months ago and fell in love with the texture. I was on the fence about the red, plum, burgendy, orange toned shades thinking that I couldn't pull off vibrant colors at my age but I couldn't pass it up bc of the formula.I bought it and spent only a few minutes playing around with it before realizing that these are VERY wearable colors! They layer so nice and blend out so good. Go swatch it for yourself. I still reach for this several times a week over all other palettes...I wish the packaging didnt get so dirty but that's not an issue. I have have hit pan on a few shades after many many months of almost daily use and am planning to repurchase soon! As always ABH did a great job with this one...the subculture palette not so much but that's a diff subject! All in all a deff staple to have in your collection.

on 9/2/2017 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I was using BH cosmetics (28 mattes and Easy To Go palettes), Nyx nude matte (tryst), UD (beware) and several MAC singles... until MR, which is my first high end palette.

I bought it from ABH site one week before the Subculture palette release and was afraid its so talked about quality would have fallen to the level of its "sister". No needed apreension.

No picture do justice to this palette. The colors are beautiful, soft and velvet even more than UD and Nyx. They blend in my eyelid without getting muddy.

The brush that comes with it is actually pretty good, at least compared with my "almost no famous brand but good" brushes (China, ecotools and Brazil). I would buy the brush separately if there was one way. I must be the first to say this 😂.

You have to be careful with picking the eyeshadows, not because of them kicking up powder, which they do just a little, although nothing different of my other eyeshadows (except for MAC), but because they are truly pigmented. A little goes a long way 😂.

I can't for the life of me understand why ABH changed ingredients for Subculture because this formula is a winner.

They also have the best staying power of any eyeshadow i tried over primer (UDPP, Smashbox 24h, but TheBalm Put A Lid On It was the best). In a non watery day, they stayed from 8 to 17h over primer, although fading a little from my hoods.

The best thing is that it doesn't have talc. I realized that my eyes didn't water with these eyeshadows. After searching I discovered that talc is a irritant agent and all of my other shadows have it, which may be the reason my eyes water so much.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

NEW BATCHES AS BAD AS SUBCULTURE?? The original Renaissance palettes were great it seems but quality of the latest batches may have dropped to the match the new Subculture palette. At least mine and one other youtubers are super powdery and not as good as the original releases. Perhaps because of they have shifted production of both palettes to a bigger factory with new pressing machines that aren't working properly (according to Norvina 's explanations from ABH)

I got mine recently from Sephora and when I opened it there was powder all over the inside of the lid and I had to go and clean it up. I actually thought they sent me a used one at first! I just saw a Youtuber "Here for the Tea" who had the same experience and she thinks the Modern Renaissance batches are being rushed out carelessly in the same way as the Subculture palette to turn out the numbers and prepare ABH for sale. In the same way that Too Faced went downhill just before they sold to Estee Lauder. If you're interested I'll put her video link below.

I think this palette is made to swatch well (it does) and appeal to young girls who don't mind thickly caking on the makeup and closely follow social media trends (it satisfies that too). But it doesn't work well on my actual eyes for the price.

The matte shadows are so extremely powdery loosely pressed that they kick up so much powder everywhere. And yes, I know to use a firm not a fluffy brush to minimise fallout so its not me. (I dislike the way the owner, Norvina blamed customers for application issues, we know how to apply makeup!) Its so powdery it some always manages to get into my eyes and irritate them. I end up so much with fallout on my cheeks I have to cleanse my face after doing my eyes. Then don't layer well. When I blend them over each other I can't build up pigment to intensity I want. The shimmers are better but look thick and unflattering on the delicate thin skin of my older eyes and highlight my crepey lids.

I much prefer the light feeling texture, look, ease of use, easier blending, and better pigmentation I get out of my current (large) collection of Lancome, Tarte, Avon, Dior, Urban Decay and so on. I also have a professional Ben Nye pressed pigment palette which is more pigmented, smoother and the colors show up brighter and more intensely on my eyes.

Quality aside, I like the colors aren't versatile for my coloring (extremely fair yellow toned skin, blue eyes, dark ash blonde hair). Yes there are some bright colors but they are muted and look muddy someone with my coloring. Most of the shades are mid-toned with a murky ashy undertone. The only one light enough for a highlight is a frosty cool light pink which looks dated and unflattering on me. I have to bring in a matte cream to make this work. And there is only one deep shade (top right, Cypress Umber) that is deep or pigmented enough to give me some definition. Thats ok for a soft day look, but for intense night looks I need to bring in a dark color from another palette, or, pile on the black liquid liner and tons of mascara to get the intensity I want. I do think they are best suited for light/medium skin and deeper. I don't think the quality matches the price tag ($75 in my country and NO returns allowed.) I totally regret buying this.

I really have fallen in love with this Palette. This is I think the ONLY Palette in my large collection that doesn't have one color I don't like or won't use. I'm able to do looks prepay for daytime as well as a great night out look. Only a little fall out from certain colors, but they blend nicely and stay strong for a long time. Best thing... This could work with any skin tone. I always take my decision seriously when I decide to spend that kind of money on a makeup product and this was a splurge I'll never regret!