Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Filtered by age: 30-35
Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.1

Simply Amazing quality! The slightest dip in the pan can paint your entire eyelid, and SO blendable as well!! I can blend these shadows in around 5 mins, which helps a LOT when you're getting ready for work. The only fault is that I dislike the two pink shadows (love letter and Venetian red). I simply dislike their shades. And there's only one shadow that really gives dimension to the look (deep matte brown). But I'm not about to give it less than 5* because the overall quality is above everything else on the market. That's right - there's this palette and everything else as far as eyemakeup falls under second category.

People who critique the packaging tend to forget they get an awesome double-ended brush in the palette. This brush should account for the packaging and not the velvety cover!

Buy this if you don't mind the reds, and if you do mind them (like me) simply get some single eyeshadows that have depth (deep browns, purples, dark duochromes etc..). But buy Modern Reneissance anyway :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

In recent years I have significantly limited the number of eyeshadow palettes I have purchased. My rule is I have to like and use every color in the palette. Frequently I'll love one shade and want to buy a palette for that. For this one, I really wanted Red Ochre. But then I started wanting more shades and found myself trying to purchase and dupe several shades. Finally I admitted to myself it would be cheaper to just buy the palette. So about March of this year I finally bit the bullet and got it. I love this palette. This has been so useful. I am shocked at how well it works for every day looks. I love the brighter reds to warm up the crease or transform other shades to make it interesting. I love that there are several shades that are one and done on the lid. I love that it has a good browbone shade and a liner shade. The two shimmery shades are a classic pink and gold and both are amazing. The orange is soooo fun to work with!! This palette has everything and I don't need to reach for other palettes to complete looks, which I love. I could use this every day.
My cons are that the velvet can get messy. I treat this palette very carefully because you can't really clean it. Also, the shades are very powdery. I only ever dab my brush into the palette. When I keep application very soft I don't get fall out. But you can easily have a mess. I've never dropped this palette but I'm afraid to test how fragile it is. So I'd love to take it traveling but I'm afraid to lest it be shattered.
I do have the subculture palette. And I have to say that I don't think subculture is any more powdery. I'm waiting to try a few more looks before I review that one, but so far I love it. I personally am applying both palettes the same way (very delicately because they are exceedingly soft shadows) and I have had no issues blending.
Over all, if I were talking to someone who has some experience with makeup and likes to play, I would definitely recommend Modern Renaissance. I have several sisters and a mother who only use very traditional eyeshadow and I would never recommend this to them. None of them would have the slightest idea of how to use it. This palette is not for everyone, but I do think it's for anyone bothering to read reviews on Makeup Alley.

on 6/23/2017 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I can't see when I'd ever run out of this palette to warrant a repurchase, but if for some reason that happened, then I would. It's just so beautiful and all the colours work together and there are a lot of looks that you can make from the shade selection. Really beautiful formula, definitely for intermediate makeup users (I'm a beginner) as the learning curve is slightly steep using these colours and formula - but I am always happy to play and learn. Beautiful palette.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

love love this pallette has a bit of kick up but pigmented and bendable long lasting go quality .I will not be dropping 60$ on the subculture pallette with all the "drama" surrounding it,I've found a dupe for the subculture not all the shades but one can get all the shades when the colors are mixed , the dupe is NYX. olive you pallette and it cost only 22$.sorry ABH.

One of the best eyeshadow palette that I have. The colour is so pigmented a little goes a long way I'm not joking. The powder is sooo soft and hardly use any primer. It just sticks to ur skin like butter. Blending also very easy.
There are only two downsides for me. First, it has a lot of fallout especially when I use crease brush, such a waste. Secondly, the velvet packaging. It is so nice to the touch but it kept everything sticks to it. Overall it's a nice product worth the hype.

on 4/5/2017 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my first palette from AOBH. I wanted to try something a bit more different than the everyday nudes I wear, like the Urban Decay Naked 2 & Naked Basics, respectfully. The quality of the pigmentation is impressive. I find the product similar to NARS shadows. Although, I really don't like the felt packaging. I feel that as soon as I put pallette in my makeup case, it's going to get so disgusting.The Buon Fresco, Primavera, Vermier and Antique bronze are absolutely stunning. However, I highly doubt I will ever wear Love Letter and Venetian Red. Overall, this is a great buy for those who is looking for something a little more adventurous and really likes to play up the eye.

I really really wanted to love this product however all the hype it had just left me so disappointed. For the amount of hype this product had I thought it would be a God send but nope it was just absolutely horrendous for me. Now I love and support ABH I think they have a great line of everything and their other eyeshadows are great, I know that red shadows are very hard to formulate so I get why there is so much fallout. My issue is that these colors faded way too quickly for me, I could have used it glue as a primer and they would still fade. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. Price point wise it is a great value, tons of shadows that come out to about 4.08 per shadow. Price is reasonable but that's it. Packaging is meh and gets dirty super quick. I don't know this palette was just not for me, I love seeing the looks everyone else makes with these and I wish it worked for me but unfortunately no cigar.

I was on the fence about purchasing this for a few months. Recently, a dear friend of mine has this palette and was kind enough to let me try it. That's all it took. I was immediately in love. The colours are beautifully pigmented and stay in place very well. They're blendable and buttery soft. The shades within the palette are so unique. I'm so thrilled with this palette. I'd buy this over and over again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

A beautiful collection of warm shades to choose from and the palette itself is well-made. The shades are pigmented and soft to work with and glide effortlessly on my lids. I do need a primer still but it is not a deal breaker for me.I had been debating whether to get this or not and I can honestly say it is a keeper. Suitable for every season in my opinion too.

on 3/21/2017 5:23:00 PM

Love the shades, perfect pigmentation and blends easily. One of my "go-tos".