Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Filtered by age: 19-24
Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.6

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This palette was so hyped up that I decided to hop onto the bandwagon. I bought MR in April 2017, and fastforward , 6 months later, I have only used it like 3 times.The first time I used this palette, the powder kickback was so bad that it turned me off straightaway. (for your reference , I used Zoeva No.221 brush. ) I felt like I am losing more product due to the kickback and fall out than the amount used on my eyes. I like how blendable these eyeshadows are, but I really can't stand the fallout and kickback.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I truly enjoy this palette. Despite the crazy fallout, this palette is crazy pigmented and very easy to blend, hence the hype. I am particularly very picky when it comes to colour selection, and this palette offers you an actual variety of warm-pink-ish colour range, which is the current trend and right up my alley. My favourite shades are Tempera for highlight, Burnt Orange and Raw Sienna for transition colour, Red Ochre and Love letter on the lid and Cyprus Umber for outer corner (fancy names, right).

However, one lippie off for the packaging because it is not the most wise packaging. Like, if I create an eyeshadow palette with crazy pigmentation and fallout, suede would not be my first choice? Or my choice at all?

I do really appreciate the brush. The packing brush is dense and soft, while the blending brush isn't as soft, it is still very usable.

on 9/18/2017 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

(I purchased this in June of 2016)

I go back and forth on my feelings on this palette. When I first purchased it I loved it, but I can admit it was a “spenders high” and I kept seeing it all over Instagram so I was excited to have it in my hands.

I like the shades Antique Bronze, Buon Fresco, Red Ochre and the two shimmer shades, Vermeer and Primavera. I started using Raw Sienna as a base color and I like the look of it. Realgar and Cypress Umber can be a pretty duo. I don’t really use the very light shades because they don’t show up on my skin but they can be ok for transitioning or softening your eye look.

One of the biggest problems I have with this is that the shadows are powdery and lose their vibrancy/pigmentation once blended. So then I have to keep going back and building them up.

The packaging is pretty but I should have held the tester in the store because I wouldn’t have bought it if I had known it was velvet even though the color is really pretty. (but that is lack of attention on my part)

After 4 months, due to the powder kick up from the shadows I already touched pan on them, before this palette the Chocolate Bar was the only palette I had for a whole year, used it every day and it took that whole year of using before I saw pan on any of those shadows. I felt that I had to force myself to use this palette so I wasn't a big fan. I ended up giving it away to a family member…who ended up giving it back to me after about 8 months lol.

After trying it again for a second time (since about August 2017) I like it a little bit more when I used the NYX Pencil in Milk to help the pigmentation. I use more flat eye brushes to pack on color and smaller blended brushes so I don’t have to do too much going back into the palette.

I’ve come to like this palette more to play with the orange and red shades and use them as accents. Even though its not my favorite I still enjoy opening up a few different palettes and going to town.

on 9/14/2017 4:44:00 AM

I am in love with this palette. The colors are beautiful and the shadows are soft and easily blend able. It's a pricey palette but it's worth it. Also come with a nice dual sided brush. Some of the shadows have a bit of fallout but nothing horrible.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

How have i not written a review for this yet? This is my top favourite e/s palette I have ever owned to date. The colours are extremely flattering on my fair-light neutral complexion and they all blend like a dream.

The texture is very creamy and pigmented but does kick up some powder. I find I can get away with just literally touching my brush in ever so gently so I don't get powder everywhere and it's still really well pigmented. The brush it comes with is pretty decent but I prefer a bigger fluffier crease brush (NYX) for these. I use more of the matte shades, but the shimmers are also really nice.

Highly recommend for any avid makeup-applier, might have a bit of a learning curve for beginners.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

i really love this Platte like seriously . its very pigmented and the colors are absolutely amazing . i created a video on my thoughts on some other make up products you guys should check it out .

Check it out ? :)

on 6/9/2017 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I waited many months for this palette to be restocked at Sephora and was thrilled when it finally was! I previously bought the Mario palette by ABH and fell in love with their formula! Upon first use of Modern Renaissance I was disappointed. I usually have no problem if eye shadows have some kickback because those are usually the most pigmented shadows. However, this palette has kickback like no tomorrow. I feel like I'm wasting so much product whenever I dip my brush in because soooooo much of the product falls out. In the four months I have owned this palette I think I have only used it two or three times. I am also a huge fan of warm toned eye shadows but these just don't do it for me. The organgey shades turn up very similar on the eyes (which are the everyday colours) and I'm too scared to dip into the deeper colours because of the amount of fall out they produce! Not down to have bright red/pink shadow all over my cheeks!

I also HATE the packaging. This has to be one of the worst packaging for cosmetics I have ever seen (and I am a huge fan of anythink pink). But the velvet texture on the outside of the palette picks up EVERYTHING and will not come off. This is especially problematic since there is so much kickback in the eye shadows and it all just stick to the outside of the palette making it look really dirty and gross.

I seriously do not understand why this palette is so overrated. I may have enjoyed it more if I did not go in with such high expectations. It is an okay palette that I will use a few times a year, but no where near a holy grail product that is in constant use.

Unfortunately the Mario palette (my fav) is no longer available, but my current favourite palette that is in stock is the Tartelette In Bloom palette by tarte, it's the perfect palette from day to night!

I love this palette mostly because it is SO pigmented, I wish all palettes were this easy to apply! All it takes is one little tap into the shadow and you will have plenty of product, you may even have to tap some off. The colors are beautiful and the color combo makes it possible to use for light daytime eye or darker night eyes. I love the packaging, except I wish the outside was easier to keep clean. its kind of velvety. The brush that comes with it seems kind of cheap but actually works very well.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

ONE OF THE BEST WARM TONE PALETTE I HAVE
you want an orange-ish look? there you go
you want a reddish look? there you go
You can create tons of looks with this palette from daily to glam look.
easy to blend, pigmentation is great, color selection is amazing
the brush is quite helpful
but i just don't really like the material of the packaging, I mean why would you pick this kind of packaging for a great product like this :/

So the only downside is the packaging, for the product itself it's worth your money if you love warm tone palette.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Okay, I never ever thought ANY eyeshadows could be this amazing! It's magical !
This thing is so fucking expensive, but amazing! The colours are so beautiful and bendable and do last good on my eyelids. They are so pigmented that its almost too much, it's like painting on your eyelids!
Absolutely love it, and think I want to try more of her eyeshadows.