Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Filtered by age: 19-24
Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.6

on 7/27/2018 5:01:00 PM

Love! This palette is absolutely beautiful and the formula is amazing because its so blendable and pigmented. The brush that comes with the palette works like a dream and overall the palette is just fun to work with. The only thing is that the only shade that is good to put in the other V is the dark brown shade, so the options are very vast. That is my only complaint about this palette and I can't wait to keep playing with the colours to come up with new looks.

I'm tempted to buy 4 or 5 of this palette to make sure it's in my life forever. This palette is SO worth the price, the colour payoff is amazing, it blends so well. The palette is so cohesive that you don't need to reach for any others to make your look, it has all the shades you need. Anastasia did an amazing job with this one. I have yet to try any of her other eyeshadow palettes but since this ones color and general workingness is so great I don't feel like I need anything else. It has a bit of kickback but it's not like you'll hit pan after 5 uses. It's just great, I highly recommend.

such pretty, pigmented shades! im not a fan of the velvet packaging, but its whatever. eyeshadows are bendable and have good staying power. there is a lot of kickback but i dont really care because the shadows are so good and soft!

on 4/9/2018 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is an extremely popular palette, so I’ll probably be regarded as a deviant for saying anything critical but here goes: you don’t get much product for the price plus the packaging just gets dirty because of the eyeshadow fallout. There isn’t much fallout from a single use, but it really builds up over time. The two burgundy shades are also too similar and the eyeshadows themselves tend to muddy up if you apply more than four even if you use a tiny amount. This is nice, but once I hit pan, I’ll probably only buy singles because other than the two burgundy shades, I have warm browns and oranges that I can dupe them with.

on 3/29/2018 8:04:00 AM

LOVE!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have a bit of a love hate relationship with this palette. The colours are perfect, the packaging is gorgeous (even if I do have to keep it in the cardboard box forever to keep it clean), even the included brush isn’t too bad - but I only seem to be able to get two looks out of this entire palette. Two good looks, but still. No matter how hard I try, my eye makeup looks the same all the time, except sometimes it’s orange and sometimes it’s pink. So many gorgeous colours in here but they’re all a little too similar to each other.

However, it’s still my favourite palette (my beloved Shade and Light has been touched maybe twice since I got MR - who needs neutral eyes when you can have pink?) and I absolutely can’t fault the quality. I was a little wary of buying because pink toned eye makeup is something I’d always assumed would look terrible on me (remember the days when palettes only had 3 or 4 colours in them and you ~had~ to choose a complementary colour for your eye colour?! Everything said green eyes = purple shadow but purple always looked awful so I assumed pink would be the same for me!) but I’m surprised by how wearable it really is.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

THIS is the palette that got me addicted to highend products irrevocably. Anastasia has killed it with this palette. First of all, the color scheme of this product allows you to be as creative as you want; they all work perfect with eachother and create such unique combinations. The shades are predominantly mattes, which could be a plus for most, but also includes unique textures (for e.g. metallics with satin finish). They blend like no other eyeshadow out there and they require the minimal blend to look stunning. The pigmentation is again, fantastic. Even though you mix 3 or 4 colors in the look, you`d still be able to distinguish them individually. It can create stunning day to day eyelooks due to the variety of "soft" colors like Buon Fresco, Warm Taupe, Golden Ochre and Tempera, but it`s always the RIGHT choice to create more pinky/red full-glam looks. The product lasts for very long time, since you only need a little bit to obtain the effect desired, so it is the best investment you can make. It is the dream.
Everytime I buy a palette, I always compare it with the quality of Modern Rennaissance and I still haven`t found one that could be a competitor for it.
TIP: some of the shades could be bought individually from Anastasia Beverly Hills website if it happens to hit the pan and don`t want to purchase the entire palette again.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This was one of my first high end palette I purchases and I would say it was a good one! The colors are perfect they add color to your eyeshadow routine without being to colorful. The pinks and berries and the beautiful red works well together or with the oranges which are perfect for transition colors. They are pigmented and more powdery and dry than creamy but they blend very nicely. I would definitely recommend this palette.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This palette was so hyped up that I decided to hop onto the bandwagon. I bought MR in April 2017, and fastforward , 6 months later, I have only used it like 3 times.The first time I used this palette, the powder kickback was so bad that it turned me off straightaway. (for your reference , I used Zoeva No.221 brush. ) I felt like I am losing more product due to the kickback and fall out than the amount used on my eyes. I like how blendable these eyeshadows are, but I really can't stand the fallout and kickback.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I truly enjoy this palette. Despite the crazy fallout, this palette is crazy pigmented and very easy to blend, hence the hype. I am particularly very picky when it comes to colour selection, and this palette offers you an actual variety of warm-pink-ish colour range, which is the current trend and right up my alley. My favourite shades are Tempera for highlight, Burnt Orange and Raw Sienna for transition colour, Red Ochre and Love letter on the lid and Cyprus Umber for outer corner (fancy names).

However, one lippie off for the packaging because it is not the most wise packaging. Mine is dirty within days, and I barely even touched it. If I create an eyeshadow palette with crazy pigmentation and fallout, suede would not be my material of choice.

I do really appreciate the brush. The packing brush is dense and soft, while the blending brush isn't as soft, it is still very usable.