Tattoo Junkee - Lip Paint & Glitter

No Image

2.4

on 7/2/2018 9:16:00 PM

I am so bummed this didn't work out. The color skinny dip is a gorgeous deep nude but it doesn't even last an hour before cracking. And I exfoliate and hydrate my lips before applying liquid lipsticks. To say the least I'm very familiar with many brands of liquid lipsticks and this is on the bottom. It's very uncomfortable and the stickiness takes awhile to dry down. I found that since the product takes longer to dry that it's difficult to work with. I definitely won't be purchasing anymore lip paints unless they reformulate. Overall this was a big disappointment.

I was so excited to try these and when I got a notification that my package was delivered yesterday I was thrilled. Got home and no package (let me add that USPS puts my packages in a locked box and not just on my doorstep). I emailed the company and let them know I never got it even though it said it was delivered. They basically responded with: "Well we did our part with sending it, so it's your problem to deal with the post office." Lol worst customer service ever. Post office won't even let me file a claim until 7 days after the "delivery date". Such a hassle...not worth. I'd rather pay more to actually get my product. Wasted about $40 trying to give a new product a chance. Tried to leave a review on their website and surprise surprise THEY FILTER ALL THEIR REVIEWS TO ONLY SHOW 4&5 stars. I would not order from here again.

The packaging is nice and the price point is amazing. That being said I hated the product(I received Grunge). It was more drying and flakey than any other liquid matte lip I've tried. It is impossible to take off, and it's HURTS to move your lips. This is not even to take into account it is streaky and needs to be built up to acheive a wearable color. I'm not a newbie in the world of liquid lippies, I have used cheaper brands before like NYX or Colourpop and they were not anywhere near this poor of quality. The texture when wet is water and when it's dry it's like wall paint. The Chroma effect is nice, I still used it with my other lippies.

on 10/2/2016 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I found this on a clearance rack at Walgreens. For $1.99 I have other tattoo junky products that I love, so I was excited to try this. I have skinny dip (which is the exact color of my lower lip) it came with a rose gold color glitter. I went home wipe off the lip color I had on and took this baby for ride. I love the color . It's a beautiful nude it was long lasting I would suggest wearing a balm before applying (hello it is matte aka drying) . Now for that glitter I think I don't like glitter on my lips. To me it felt like sand and the matte lip color with glitter was like pouring sand in the Sahara Desert. My suggestion is to buy the liquid lipstick and keep the glitter for other things I will be purchasing the other colors because at the original price these are a steal and work just as well as some of my higher end products I just won't be using the glitter on my lips maybe for a night eye look . These can be found at Walmart also . Btw The packaging is cute but nothing special.

on 6/13/2016 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I became obsessed with finding these in stores after Tati's review on Youtube, and since this weekend, I was able to find two of the shades that I wanted (Pucker Up [red with red glitter] and Rebel [deep berry with pink shimmer]). I still want to get Skinny Dip (nude with nude-pink glitter) and Whatever (deep purple with green/gold duochrome glitter [!!!!]).

First, let's start with the formula of the lip paint itself. It's a liquid-to-matte lipstick, which as we know is all the rage these days. But unlike some brands whose products have just hit the market, this liquid lipstick is PHENOMENAL. The formula is smooth and applies evenly, and once it dries, it's comfortable for hours and hours, never drying out my lips. It's one of those perfect in between formulas that isn't too liquidy, but isn't too creamy. Because of this, I find that it's easy to control as it's being applied.

Second, the packaging of the lip paint is wonderful. The tube is simple, but the black cap and little skull-with-wings logo is cute and all creppy and spoopy, just how I like it. But the wand is the real power player here. This is a narrower doe foot applicator than I'm used to, and because of that paired with the formula, it really makes it easy peasy to get a crisp lip line. No separate brush needed. I'm pretty bad at applying liquid lipsticks, but not with this.

Now the glitter. Holy. Moly. This glitter is high-impact for sure, but it's not so gritty that it hurts. Yes, it feels like sand. But it's glitter. At least it's not cutting up my lips. And the effect it gives is so stunningly gorgeous. I wore it all weekend - one day with Pucker Up and the next day with Rebel, and I wasn't doing anything all that special. I just couldn't not wear it. And holy compliments, Batman! Everyone loved how it looked. I'm surprised I could fit my head through a doorway after all the compliments this gorgeous glitter lip garnered. My only gripe is the packaging of the glitter pot. It's got an inner lid that is a little hard to remove. A sifter would have been a better way to control the product while not making it difficult to dispense. So one lippie off my Packaging grade for that.

For $7, you really can't beat these. I hope Tattoo Junkee creates more shades, because these are some of the best liquid lipsticks on the market, and the glitter is the icing on the very, very glamorous cake. Definitely treat yourself to one or two or twelve of these.

EDIT: I bought Skinny Dip, which is a slightly cool-leaning nude and comes with a coppery glitter. I'm in love. The lipstick by itself is amazing. It's a great dupe for Too Faced "Cool Girl", which I found settles into the lines of my lips and cracks a great deal. This doesn't do that. It looks smooth and soft, and feels comfortable for hours and hours. The glitter is amazing, but for this shade, I prefer to go light on the sparkle, which adds just a little glam to the look without being too over the top. This is by far my favorite shade of the bunch.