Broadway Colors True Matte Lipstick -All Colors

Broadway Colors True Matte Lipstick -All Colors
Broadway Colors True Matte Lipstick -All Colors Broadway Colors True Matte Lipstick -All Colors

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

What a great little find at my local Dollar General! I ordinarily wouldn't shop for makeup there, but I saw these lipsticks displayed on an end cap and was really impressed by all the fun, vibrant shades! I've never seen a color selection like that in a drug/dollar store brand! I'm too old (or boring? 🤔) to be wearing bright, neon lipsticks, but I was immediately drawn to the Nude Rose shade. I am in love with pinkish mauvey nudes and I own several - drug store and high end - but I can honestly say without hesitation this one is my favorite (right after CT's Penelope Pink). It's a comfortable, smooth, long-wearing matte, and it works perfectly with all my nude/neutral lip liners. I also like to wear it over some of my other boring nudes and browns to liven up the color. It's just a fantastic, versatile little lipstick, and for 3 bucks it's an absolute steal! I actually picked up another three of them on my last visit to the store because I'm worried they will end up discontinued, and I daresay I will keep repurchasing. I may even try out a few other shades. 😊

Update: So my local Dollar General picked up a few more shades, and as soon as I saw the shade Apple Picking I knew it was a great dupe for MAC's Lady Danger. I uploaded a swatch pic so you can see for yourself. It is almost identical. The formula and staying power are pretty damn close too! Do not pass up these lipsticks; that's two shades I have now purchased and I'm thrilled with! I’ve also added a picture wearing Where’s Nemo. Normally not a color I’d wear, but looked pretty cool for Halloween! 😁 It’s actually a really gorgeous shade and was surprisingly comfortable to wear!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Awsome, affordable matte lipsticks! I have practically all of them. Highly pigmented and last long. Lots of colors to choose from. I buy them at my local Dollar General store.

on 6/23/2016 10:47:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

When I first saw these at the dollar store I was thrilled, and of course had to have one. The only color I own is Apple Picking, it's a very bright red that leans orangey. Almost a poppy color. It's beautiful and the lipstick lasts on me for a good 6 hours without kissing or eating, also it doesn't dry out my lips. I like it so much I got one in the same shade for a friend. Next color I'll be getting is the darker red but I can't remember the name. If you like matte lipsticks then I highly recommend you try these out, they have fun colors as well as more natural/neutral ones. It's only $3 so why not?

Edit 8/25/16~

Well I now own the darker red shade, called Juliet and also the Black. I love them even more than the first one! Juliet is a bit deeper, blue toned red and is more flattering with my coloring than Apple Picking (light/medium neutral, skew cool, black hair and grey eyes) and the formula is equally smooth and applies evenly with a few swipes, although they can be a tad patchy at first but it's not as bad as I expected. The colors swatch exactly as they appear in the tube and very opaque. Of course they can morph depending on your skin tone but all makeup does that. Also, these have no scent or flavor I can detect so if that's an issue for any of you then rejoice! No gross "cheap lipstick" taste or smell.

The black color (not blackest black!) is not actually black, but it's a very dark blackened brown/plum that looks black on my fair skin but is so much more flattering and wearable. If you are pale and want to try the black lip "trend" or are an adult goth like myself (black lipstick veteran) then I highly recommend you try this shade. It's cheap and is my new favorite black lipstick. It reminds me of the fall "here's to the wild ones" edition of wnw mega last in coffee buzz. The only drawback to this shade in particular is it seems to dry my lips just the tiniest bit, but it's a non issue if I use a light coat of Chapstick beforehand. By the way...

Here's a tip, plain old Chapstick is perfect for a barrier between your matte lipstick and your lips to prevent dryness as it is not overly greasy and therefore does not compromise the longevity or matte finish. I hope this helps any matte lip lovers out there because dryness is such a drag, isn't it?

As stated before I can't recommend these lipsticks enough, and will try to add photos one of these days. This concludes my PSA, go try out one of these little gems and see if you love it. Happy face painting!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

These lipsticks are my favorite drugstore lipsticks at the moment! Can't believe there are no reviews for this lipstick on here yet. This collection has a good variety of colors including very bright colors like blue, purple, etc. I'm glad to see drugstores picking up on those trends.
These lipsticks are at Dollar General and are super affordable. I own 3 so far. I own Nude Rose (a rosey mauve color), Stone (a grey toned brown nude), and Chalice (a dark navy blue). Stone and Nude Rose are my favorites. Very pigmented, very creamy and matte. Chalice is a little harder to work with but worth it because it's such a unique color! I definitely want to get more of these lipsticks. They're always sold out too. I recommend these a lot especially if you're on a budget.