Joe Fresh Style Sheer tint

4.4

on 3/4/2018 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Oh geez. Guys. Come on. Sometimes I just want to scream my damn head off at people griping about "lack of SPF". Buy a damn sunscreen then. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find makeup that doesn't contain sunscreen or sunscreen ingredients? Any idea at all? My face is still recovering from a brief run-in TWO weeks ago with a lip balm that contained ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate (benzophenone-4, Octinoxate). I have sores and blisters on my face that still crack open and bleed when I brush my teeth. I have an allergy and that shit is in everything. Please pipe down about things not containing SPF, it's ruining makeup and skincare for me. If this comes back reformulated with SPF I'm going to absolutely lose it.

Sorry.

Okay. I clearly like this tinted moisturizer. I didn't have high hopes for it so I waited for it to go on sale. Yes, I waited for an $11 item to go 50% off because I had such low expectations for grocery store tinted moisturizer. It passed the allergy test with flying colours and has a nice simple ingredient list. It's everything I wanted Pixi H2O Skin Tint to be. It doesn't bind up over texture, sink into pores, run into fine lines, or melt around my nose. It doesn't do anything to enhance or smooth over pores either but for the $6 I paid and compared to the other stuff out there, I'll take it. It has a surprising amount of coverage, not quite medium but certainly not sheer. Satin, skin-like finish, no one can tell it's on but me. It doesn't look like makeup on the skin which is the absolute benchmark for decent face makeup.

I do need to blot my forehead after a couple hours but it doesn't smear the tint off.

My HG, my home slice, my absolute jam is Sunday Riley Effortless Tinted Primer ($50-60 CAD) and even that can look makeup-y and flake up slightly on a bad day. This is smooth, easy, and unshaken by dehydrated winter skin. It might even be on the same level as my high end favourites (or surpass them?). I like it.

If you, like me, live somewhere the UV doesn't typically climb above UV <1 and you want something with some coverage but without the effort, give this a go!

I can use either Porcelain (with much bronzer) or Bisque. I'm Light in SR Tinted Primer, Belle Mare 2 in Ilia Sheer Vivid, not yellow enough for MAC NC15, not pale enough for NW15. continued >>

on 1/23/2018 2:20:00 PM

This one is a pretty decent tinted moisturizer. The coverage is very sheer to sheer. You can build it, but not by much. I have the matte version and it's still a satin finish. Though the coverage is not much, it's actually pretty good at smoothing skin texture. I have enlarged pores and it did smooth them out a bit. It also does not cling to dry patches. Definitely on the "silicone-ier" side. If you have sensitivity to silicones, or are oily -- steer clear. Normally, I'd consider it a bit too dewy for my liking, but I currently work in an office with very dry air, so it's perfect. The shades look like they are on the yellower side, but upon application, Porcelain looks fine on my neutral (slightly cool-leaning) skin. Not sure how the rest of the shades perform. Overall a nice product for a low-key makeup look, however I'm not sure I'd repurchase for the full price.. I got it at 50% discount and it's totally worth it, the full price however? I don't know. Maybe it will grow on me. Took two lippies off for the lack of SPF, awkward packaging and rather high price.

on 3/20/2017 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Bought this on at whim, and I'm so glad iI did. This offers fairly good coverage, didn't cause breakouts, and didn't oxidize as so many TMs/sheer foundations do.

on 12/8/2016 11:42:00 AM

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

WOW. This is better than any other brand (including high end brands). It lasts all day on my oily skin. It covers really well event though it's not heavy at all. I'm almost 40 now, so heavy foundation looks terrible on me (ironic that as we age the more coverage we need, the worse heavy coverage looks. Go figure) LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff. Worth a shot because it is so cheap.
Only downfall is the colour selection, which is easily fixed because you can just buy a couple and mix. Definitely my HG.

on 6/12/2016 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I was searching high and low for a bb cream for more natural-looking makeup days. It's summer and I want my skin to breathe! Unfortunately,good, non-oxidizing bb creams in my price range for fair skinned humans like myself are not that easy to come by. So on a whim I bought this tinted moisturizer instead in the lightest shade, and I like it.

I apply with a RickyCare teardrop blending sponge over a bit of primer, and set with a pressed powder.

The colour doesn't run too pink, orange, or yellow, unlike many tinted moisturizers out thee. It seems to be a somewhat neutral, universally flattering shade for fair-skinned ladies like me. And since it's somewhat sheer, it's very forgiving if its not an exact match (I have yellow undertones but this shade still looks so natural on me). The colour does not oxidize or turn orange.

Satin finish. Good coverage for a tinted moisturizer! High enough coverage to conceal minor blemishes, but sheer enough that it just looks like "my skin but better". Does get a little too dewy on my oily t-zone after a few hours but is easily touched up with powder. Does not settle into my fine lines.

Packaging is a simple but effective squeeze tube. The bottle is large compared to the amount of product you actually get, though. It's only about half full. And yes, it was still sealed when I bought it. That's a little odd, but not a deal breaker.

I knocked off one lippie for the weird half-filled bottle and the fact that it does get very shiny on my skin after a few hours. But that's to be expected from just a tinted moisturizer anyways.
I will definitely buy again, because this stuff makes my skin look so healthy and radiant without breaking the bank.

Top Rated Tinted Moisturizer