wet n wild Photofocus Natural Finish Setting Spray

wet n wild Photofocus Natural Finish Setting Spray
Photofocus Natural Finish Setting SprayPhotofocus Natural Finish Setting SprayPhotofocus Natural Finish Setting Spray

3.9

Water/Eau, Alcohol Denat., PVP, Propanediol, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Dimethicone PEG/PPG-12/4 Phosphate, Glycereth-5 Lactate, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Poloxamer 127, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Fragrance/Parfum.

My favorite setting spray from the drugstore! The one that I always use is the famous Urban Decay All Nighter because it works perfectly for my needs:) However, I do not really enjoy paying around 30 dollars every 4th or 5th month to get a new one.. That is why I stopped by my local Walgreens and picked this up as I have heard this is a good one:) I have to say: I AM IMPRESSED! Considering the price, it is amazing! Pros: Makes my makeup last longer Makes my makeup melt together Small and travel friendly bottle I love this, which is why I repurchased it the day after trying it for the first time! The only negative thing about this one is that the spray is not as good as my UD, but not bad at all! All in all, it is amazing and definetely worth a try:)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

OK, first of all this product works and works well for a very economical price. I have been using this for approximately 2 weeks and the one freaking day I skipped it, I faded like an old magazine in sunlight. This product puts your makeup on lockdown and keeps it there until you remove it. Now for a measly $5 product that's a pretty remarkable thing for it to do. You give it a couple of good shakes, hold it up high over your face, spritz it a few times and you are good to go for at least 10+ hours. No, I DO NOT expect some fine gentle mist similar to a spa treatment, it's freaking 5 DOLLARS PEOPLE, take a beauty blender and gently press the product into your skin, like any good YouTube beauty influencer would tell you. I took one lippie off the packaging because the lid doesn't always stay on tight, but other than that, very pleased with this product. Oh and if you think it's too dewy, they do sell a matte one right beside it in a black bottle, open you dang eyes people!

on 6/18/2018 1:22:00 PM

The spray mist could be finer. It could be a teensy less dewy looking. BUT... I brought this on a cruise in the Caribbean where it was hot and HUMID AF. I would put my makeup on... no primer. No eye primer. Just foundation, eye shadow, blush, lipstick, waterproof mascara. I would spray this 2 times over my face and my makeup lasted THE WHOLE DAY, even lasted through snorkeling pretty well. I simply cannot complain about the spray when it works in the most jungle-like conditions.

on 3/31/2018 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used to have problems with oxidisation and makeup looking patchy and uneven by the end of the day. Then I discovered setting sprays and what a difference! I no longer have this problem - my makeup still looks fresh after 4 hours, though a blot then doesn't hurt. I tried this one because the price point of Urban Decay's All Nighter pinched. I was hoping this would be a good substitute, but it really doesn't compare. For one, the spray sucks. It sprays out HUGE drops while some parts of my face remain dry. The parts that are wet are really wet, like I need to dab my RT sponge over it, otherwise it looks like I got caught in the rain (plus it really accentuates highlighters, not in a good way).

Other than that, my makeup still looks great after 4 hours and no oxidisation, so it does work somewhat, but I'm still sticking to UD.

on 3/15/2018 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I only bought this beucause Tati Westbrook on Youtube mentioned it along with Flower Beauty as being good drug store setting sprays. It was a comment in passing. The only other setting spray I"ve used is the Maybelline one which does not stand out in a partically positive or negative way. The one I have says "natural finish"

PROS: I have normal to dry skin and I do feel this adds some luminosity. I am trying for a no makeup look, not really adding products for dimension but just having a healthy sheen/glow. It is the winter right now and usually my skin isn't that much drier, but it is at the moment so I use this to cheat a bit to make my skin look more hydrated. I am using this under The Ordinary's NMF + HA moisturizer, which is a dry-finish/smooth drydown type moisturizer and either Covergirl Outlast Stay Luminous, Loreal True Match Lumi, or MUFE ULtra HD foundation, with minimal amount of powder or no powder at all. This is probably overkill however for most people. It can be striaght up LUMINOUS and DEWY looking, like a clear sheen or the need to powder but I'm liking it at the moment. With that I also do feel like it does help my makeup to last and it's cheap.

CONS: The sprayer on this... It is a long spray that practically "blasts" you with ridiculously large drops. No exxagerattion at all! There is nothing mist-like or delicate about it. I would need to hold my arm quite far back to tone it down and I'm just not doing that because it feels wrong and is too far back. WHY do the drops feel gigantic when they hit my skin though!? The Maybelline one wasn't like that. And the width of the spray isn't even that wide, so good luck trying to precisely control it to hit the eye area for example. And I always look WET after I use this, like a mild drenching. I seriously believe they only chose this sprayer for price and fact that the consumer won't be wasting product anytime soon.

While I like that it also does give me some glow, I feel that it doesn't really help powder to meld to the skin or soften a powdery look. If I were to powder too much, this would give me a harsh look or shine over a too matte base, instead of softening the matte look itself, you know what I mean?

I also HATE the fact that it's such a small bottle. This is terrible for the environment because you need to buy twice as much as other setting sprays!

OVERALL: I might actually buy this again because so it does seem to work. I don't mind too much the fact that is sprays the hell out of my face, but I will definitely look at Flower's setting spray as my next purchase. I may try the matte one come summer or read reviews first.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is very similar to the ELF setting sprays in performance. I don't like the spray on this because it's too strong, but I have plenty of glass bottles to put this in. I find this has a VERY dewy appearance which I don't mind, but it will take h/l to a new level and that is not always desirable. Some may find it is too dewy and has too little product to be a daily use spray. It does keep makeup in place all day though, so it's up to personal preference and skin type.

Overall this is worth it if you need a cheap spray, but you don't get enough product for me to consider buying it often. I'd suggest the matte version of the ELF setting spray over this if you need an affordable option to use regularly.

on 1/16/2018 12:39:00 AM

Not good for dry skin. Makes my makeup crack and drys out my face.

it does its job but just a meh product

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was so excited to try this after reading the reviews here.
I only have two setting sprays to compare to: e.l.f. and NYX (dewy finish). To be honest, I've never noticed either spray help my makeup stay on any longer than without it, but I like to think that it softens the look of my makeup and helps my skin look moisturized.
I wonder if they changed the formula for this spray, because the bottle now reads "Natural Finish."

This leaves my face so wet, and once it dries, my skin looks shiny. Not in a nice, glowy way, but oily shiny. Eck.

Eventually the shine dissipates, but for a good half hour, I look all sweaty.
I will use it up, only because the shine dies down, but won't be repurchasing.

I have not noticed that this spray improves the longevity of my makeup, but it does a good job moisturizing the skin. I love to use this when my makeup looks cakey, then press it into the skin with a damp sponge. For the price, I would recommend it :)