Maybelline Color Sensational The Loaded Bolds (all shades)

Maybelline Color Sensational The Loaded Bolds (all shades)
Color Sensational The Loaded Bolds (all shades)Color Sensational The Loaded Bolds (all shades)Color Sensational The Loaded Bolds (all shades)Color Sensational The Loaded Bolds (all shades)Color Sensational The Loaded Bolds (all shades)

4.1

on 10/15/2017 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Dude. Midnight Merlot is my jam. I am considering getting a backup. I should go ahead and do that. This will be my vampy fall lippie. These literally go on like butter and one stroke gives you maximum impact of pigment. Midnight Merlot is a blackened wine color. Ugh, so gorgeous and no warmth so your teeth look pristine. These are not drying at all. I also got coffee addiction, raging raisin and smoking red and they are all bomb. Out of all the colors midnight merlot is my absolute favorite and coffee addiction is my least as that is just another nude for my NW45 complexion and nothing out of the ordinary. Paid $5.48 for each of these at Wal Mart so I kinda went ham. Will certainly purchase these again. The play doh smell does not bother me at all as it dissipates.
**UPDATE: 11/19/17**
Returned Coffee Addiction as it was nothing to write home about and picked up Chocoholic instead. Now Midnight Merlot, Chocoholic and Smoking Red are my jam for fall/winter. I love these lipstick, they are such a great buy.

on 2/19/2017 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Bought this in the color Orange Danger - really like it, but thought it would be more crayon orange-based than red. Its still orange toned, but the swatches online had me thinking it would be much more orange. I still love it- im on an orange lip kick and love the other Maybelline Buff colors and formula, so had to grab an orange! Want to hunt down the Vivids - Electric Orange - just to see if its more pumpkin orange but i love this Bolds Orange Danger on the lips. Its so pretty (im warm undertoned) i just wish i had the confidence to wear it to work :)

on 10/18/2016 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Maybelline is not kidding that these are bold lipstick shades. They are not for the faint hearted.
I tried 795 Smoking Red which is a DARK OXBLOOD. On my med- dark complexion ( NC45) it was too much. It has a great creamy texture but came off way too dark and almost a little goth. On a darker complexion it probably would look great! You could probably blot this a few times to get a nice stain if you didn't want it to be so bold.

I also noticed similarities to Nar Audacious - Charlotte which is also considered oxblood but is still lighter and brighter than Smoking Red. Since I already own Charlotte, and that is about as dark as I want to go, I decided to return this (thankfully my store has a good return policy). But I have to say that Maybelline has a better texture than the more expensive Audacious lipstick, which I have found to be a little drying.

on 9/11/2016 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Mauve it is a beautiful dark purple pink that is in the same color family as NARS Anna. It applies so smoothly and creamily on the lips; it is opaque in one swipe. It does transfer when you drink water or eat but the color is so saturated that most of it stays on the lips; you will have to reapply after eating though. I like the packaging but not the weird vanilla smell.

Another thing I've noticed is that the lipstick itself is very soft; it crumbles slightly when I apply so it looks a little messy. I'm not sure if this is because I got a dud. If your lips are dry, it will gather in the lip lines and look patchy.

on 11/29/2016 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Being a huge fan of a bold,dark lip the shade 'Blackest Berry' caught my eye.Can we just talk about the colour? It is an extremely beautiful dark purple,which is a guaranteed head-turner! I also adore the texture-super creamy and matte at the same time and with a high-performing pigmentation. I fell in love with this lipstick and I'm definitely going for more shades of this gorgeous collection!

on 1/31/2017 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this lipstick about a month ago in the shade 'Blackest Berry 825' and I was really excited about it. I absolutely loved the colour but I don't like the texture at all. It's creamy, which is nice, but when I put it on, it looks streaky.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Agree with other reviewers that this lip formula is the best I've tried from Maybelline. Also agree that they really should update the scent/flavor because it is blech.

I was at Walgreens during a Maybelline BOG1/2O so I first picked up two to try: Smoking Red & Pitch Black.

* Smoking Red is a sophisticated, easy red that is warm burgundy, so more pink-based than I usually prefer on my light olive half-Asian skintone, but dark enough to stand out without screaming.

* Pitch Black is disappointing on its own. For a true saturated black look, I'll have to line and fill lips with a black eyeliner, which is pretty par for the course when it comes to black lipsticks. But the real magic of this one is layering it over other lipsticks to create its sister shadow shade. Layered over Smoking Red looks amazing and I'll be playing with this combo for awhile!

Formula applies pigmented in one stroke (except Pitch Black), easy to spread/play with for about a minute, and then it sets to a comfortable, thin finish. Was so impressed with the formula I went back for:

* Blackest Berry (wearable daytime eggplant)
* Midnight Blue (*exceptional* pigmentation for this shade, I was lemming hard after Kale Squid Ink but couldn't justify $26 for a special occasion color and this fills that gap nicely. I bet it will look stunning with Pitch Black layered over, too!)
* Chocoholic (dark brown with red, these are my most flattering tones so I know it'll work)
* Coffee Addiction (lighter version of Chocoholic, see above)
* Grey Over It (excellent cool/neutral nude for my skintone, MLBB and darker!)

Grey Over It is the unexpected love, so much that I might get backups. It's office-appropriate and is what I expected Urban Decay 1993 to be like on me, just without the orange. Like a slightly sheerer and less pink Bite Beauty Molasses.

I'm obsessed! If you're thankful for the 90s brown lip revival, check out this range.

Fingers crossed they add a dark olive/forest green to the line!

on 7/23/2016 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I haven't purchased maybelline lipsticks in years, because from my experience in the past, couldn't deal with the greasy texture and cloying, sweet plastick-y scent and taste. But I've been hearing rave reviews since they came out with the mattes and now this, the bolds. Since bold, dark lipsticks are what I'm usually drawn to, I decided to check it out when shopping at walmart. I purchased raving raisin and coffee addiction. This review is for  the latter.
Coffee addiction is a very warm, dark brown lipstick with slight red undertones.Think colourpop's limbo or LC's salem.This color is very 90s and evokes memories of my teen years when I used to wear shades like this and my mom always giving me grief about wearing what she called 'caca' lipstick, lol. I guess this falls into mom's caca lipstick catagory, but I feel that the warmth from the red saves it from looking too flat and muddy. However, it is still predominantly brown and if brown lipsticks are usually not kind to your complexion, I'd be wary of this. I feel like this color does looks a little dated on me but it is flattering on my skintone and I will still rock it regardless.
The texture is amazing- very creamy, light, glides on smoothly and is extremely pigmented. All I needed was one swipe on both lips but due to its creaminess and color, you'll need a liner for this. The finish on this and raving raisin wears down like a semi matte. Its drier than MAC's satin finishes, but not as drying as thier mattes. And, unlike maybelline's other lipsticks from before, its not greasy! So I can really appreciate that, lol. Wear time is decent, though I did experience some feathering and the color settling in my lip lines. There is that familiar strong scent and taste, but thankfully, it doesn't linger. Overall, I have to say, I am truly impressed- Maybelline did a great job with this one but as much as I like the color, probably won't repurchase- I prefer more plum and reds in my brown lipsticks

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This collection is hard to review together because there are some definite misses. The black is terribly patchy snd unwearable, for instance. However, 770 Mauve It may be my favorite neutral lippie of all time. The blue case is lovely, and the traditional Maybelline lipstick scent is less playdough-like than usual.

on 7/28/2016 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Update: I bought the shade Chocoholic. It's the worst of the three, but still not horrible. I've noticed it seems a bit drier (which makes it a little trickier to apply) and does the weird patchy thing some lipsticks do. I wouldn't buy it again, but I'm not going to toss it.

I only have Raging Raisin and Coffee Addiction so far...

Finally! I remember wearing Maybelline lipstick back in high school, but I stopped for years because I realized lipstick didn't have to smell, feel, and taste the way those did (which wasn't good...at all) Last year I gave them another shot with a different line and it was a bit better, but still pretty bad. But these are good, or at least much better.

They still have a little bit of a weird smell and taste, but they actually feel really nice on my lips. They're nicely pigmented and glide on smooth. From what I've observed so far, they have really good staying power for a lipstick that isn't marketed as long wearing. The color isn't amazing after eating or something like that, but they do seem to leave enough of a stain to get me through whatever situation until I can reapply.

I've only had these two for about a week, but I've worn them every day, most of the day. I honestly love them so much I'm planning to pick up most of the line, and I'm not usually a lipstick wearer (I prefer gloss and pencils or stains, typically).

Pros:
Great pigmentation
Smooth application
Doesn't dry out my lips
Nice range of shades
Reasonably priced (in my area, compared to other brands)
Color stays on well
I also haven't had it bleed outside my lip line, even though I don't use a liner
Not too matte or glossy
Doesn't cake up or settle into dry patches (so far, at least)

Cons:
The smell is a little stronger than I'd like
The flavor is gross (I know lipstick doesn't normally taste great, but Maybelline's lipsticks are particularly unpleasant, although these seem to be the least horrible from my experience)