Burt's Bees BB Cream in Medium

Burt's Bees BB Cream in Medium

3.2

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Active Ingredients (Medium Shade): Titanium Dioxide 4.7 and Zinc Oxide 7.0Inactive Ingredients (All Shades): Water, Glycerin, Decyl Oleate, Isoamyl Cocoate, Isoamyl Laurate, Octyldodecanol, Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Alcohol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Stearic Acid, Morinda Citrifolia Fruit Extract, Beeswax, Jojoba Esters, Mica, Iron Oxides, Silica, Sorbitan Stearate, Stearyl Alochol, Behenyl Alcohol, Sodium Carboxymethyl C10-16 alkyl glucoside, lauryl glucoside, magnesium aluminum silicate, xanthan gum, citric acid, isostearic acid, lecithin, polyglyceryl-3 polyricinoleate, polyhydroxystearic acid, sodium phytate, trihydroxystearin, alumina, arachidyl alcohol, sorbic acid, alcohol denat., potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, fragrance, phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is ok I probably won't repurchase, I find it sticky and not a great fan of the smell, it takes a while to dry down and doesn't absorb well on my face. I like that it's natural and has SPF. I'll use up what I have but won't buy again.

on 12/30/2017 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I appreciate that Burt's Bees is vegan.

However, this product feels way too thick and heavy for a bb cream. I wanted something light that would provide some coverage for days I didn't want to wear heavy makeup. It goes on very thick and can tend to look ashy.

DO NOT use powder with this BB cream. The few times I tried setting powder with it, it caked around my nose and in between my brows.

Color: Can be ashy, but I feel like I can get it to work with some bronzer.

Consistency: Really thick. Not my favorite.

Final look: Can achieve a dewy, fresh look.

It's alright. Not worth the price. Won't buy again.

on 10/10/2016 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've used this for over a year now - and it's still a great BB option if you have oily skin because it contains silica to help with oil control/shine. (I love Tarte's Amazonian Clay BB tinted moisturizer a bit more - but it's a little too moisturizing). I've applied it with both a damp beauty blender (much more sheer coverage) and with my elf buffing brush (more coverage) and it turns out beautifully if you can find a color mix to match your skintone. I find that most of the shades will pale you out. However, I've went back and forth with this mixed with Tarte's Amazonian Clay tinted moisturizer/BB because Tarte's version has no silica. Silica is great for oil control/drying your skin out, but if I use too many products with it (like silica powder) it tends to dry my skin out/sit funny on my skin.

I have sensitive, acne-prone skin - and so far - I've had NO breakouts - and the ingredients are almost 99% natural - so no talc etc.. and it does contain SPF. After washing this off my face (having it on for 8 hours a day) I think that my skin is actually getting softer using this product. I do use a topical acne treatment (BP) before applying any of this - and I have no issues.

I definitely recommend ppl check this BB cream out if it suits your skin tone. It currently comes in three colors: light, light/medium, and medium. I have both light/medium and medium and mix them because the light shades are very light, and the medium looks a little too dark. I've found this at Target and Walgreens, but my Walmart doesn't carry it, but I've seen it at certain grocery stores. A little goes a long way - and it lasts!

After using this on and off for a year - I just tried it out today (applied light dots buffed in with my brush) over my moisturizer to see if I could use it as a "primer" of sorts before applying my Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation over it. It works GREAT! I was trying to figure out why I wasn't getting as oily as I normally am by 9AM today - it's got to be because Burt's Bees does have SILICA to help with shine. Not all primers have silica. I'm sensitive/acne-prone, so silicone primers bother me - but since I know this stuff doesn't bother my skin, I think I just found a great primer to use under my foundation for more coverage and oil control :)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Even though I love Burt's Bees, I'm not crazy about this BB cream.

The color light/medium is good for NC25-30ish skin tones. Unfortunately, I don't think this BB cream would work with neutral tones unless you used it sparingly and blended really well. And cool toned ladies can forget using this stuff- for right now, they don't have anything that would work.

For some reason, this settles into pores badly. To make matters worse, the coverage and finish aren't that great either.

I'm giving it 2 stars because it's not a horrible product, it's just really limiting as far as who can use it and the quality is just not up to par with their other products.

I've grown to expect more from Burt's Bees, and they usually don't disappoint. But this one is a pass for me.

on 6/10/2016 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I was disappointed in this product at first, but it's kind of grown on me. I'm on the fence about whether or not I'd buy it again, but it has its uses. This is a hydrating BB cream/light foundation that's best for dry skin. I have combination skin, and finally gave up on using it in my T zone, because it just settled into pores and made them more visible. If you're into the matte look, you won't find it here. So I started using this only under my eyes and on my dry cheeks, as well as the top of my forehead which has some sun damage. It has a thin to medium consistency but pretty good coverage, and for me it works as a serviceable under eye concealer.

The color looks rather orange out of the tube, but it blends well. The medium color is a true medium - I have a medium skintone in the winter, and the color works well when I don't have a tan (but I have warm complexion: warning to the cool toned, this could be orange on you). It's a little light for my darker summer complexion though.

The price is right, you can buy this in most drugstores, and the sunscreen ingredients are titanium dioxide and zinc oxide instead of chemical sunscreen, which is a big plus for sensitive skin. If you have dry/sensitive skin and a medium warm complexion this could be a winner. But if you have oily skin and/or cool undertones, maybe not so much.