Tarte Tarteist Lip Paint - Texas Toast

Tarte Tarteist Lip Paint - Texas Toast
Tarteist Lip Paint - Texas ToastTarteist Lip Paint - Texas Toast

4.4

Very long lasting and smooth matte finish. and pretty color!

on 12/5/2016 9:46:00 PM

I was drawn to this colour and ordered it right away when it was released to the Sephora website. I know this was a limited release but since it was re-released recently, I thought I would put in my 2 cents.

The GOOD... I love this colour of this minty liquid lipstick. This is literally my favourite coloured lip product and I have purchased a backup because I feel it is quite rare. It is worth noting that I have both yellow and pink undertones and generally don't match any foundations. I brought this out with a couple of friends and I was shocked to find it only looked good with my skin tone from a group of pale-pink, pale-yellow and olive tones. So if your that person that has issues finding colours that work, this might be a surprising go.

The BAD... the formulation is a dry paste like consistency that is not typical liquid lipstick. I think the NYX Liquid Suedes are the closest you will find formulation wise. I had returned a darker Lip Paint from Tarte because it appeared very patchy due to the formula. My lip colour lends itself well to making this look opaque but on darker lips this will probably be patchy.

The UGLY... I find with this formulation and the packaging it is stored in the oils seperate and leak out of the packaging. I haven't noticed having had this problem with Texas Toast but it is a bit dryer then the other shades from this line. I also haven't noticed this issue in Sephora because they have them facing applicator up but the 100 point perk was leaking all over the place (when I pointed it out, because my friend was going to take it, the cashier was less than impressed).

The bottom line... I love Texas Toast but I don't even know if my second one will perform this way because of issues with packaging. I would only buy it again if I could return it easily.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I wanted something from Bunny's collection but don't care for red (Swamp Family) and the eyeshadow/face palette looked too sparkly so Texas Toast it was.

"Toast" looks like a medium brownish mauve in the tube and applies to the lips easily with a whipped, mousse like texture. It transfers easily and never dries completely but does look matte on the lips while retaining a slight slip. It isn't as drying or long lasting as some "lip paints" that dry down and set, but it does have fairly good staying power in my opinion. If I snack lightly it lasts for maybe 4 hours before I would need a reapplication, but if I eat something more substantial it wears off much more quickly and completely. It's easy to reapply and there's no patching or flaking. It has a light peppermint scent that I find pleasant and not overwhelming.

The color when applied on my lips looks much more brown and somewhat darker than it appears in the tube or in Bunny's video when she wears it. I'm a bit disappointed as I wanted more of the mauve to show up.

For repurchase I put "no," but in a way it is a repurchase because I already had this same formula in the color "Namaste" from Tarte's regular line.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

Texas Toast is a duky nude liquid lipstick, which sets to a matte finish. It's a somewhat 90ish brownish take on a nude shade that looks good all year round, that goes with all of my preferred eye makeup looks - it's been living in my handbag since I got it, so I'm regretting not buying a backup when I had the chance. I think Texas Toast is one of those nude shades that will look good on any skintone, as it will adapt itself to each wearers colouring.

This is a liquid lipstick, so you get the strong colour, matte finish and good staying power of a traditional lipstick [around 4 hours], minus the drying feeling & the flaking or cracking you can get from a matte lipstick. As a liquid you get a soft & moisturizing and pleasant scent/taste of a gloss, minus the sticky and slippy feeling I've experienced with many glosses.

I thought that the Swamp Queen eye & cheek palette would be my favourite product from Tarte's Grav3yardgirl collection, but Texas Toast has nudged ahead for me as I have minor issues with some of the products in the palette, but I'm loving this 100%...

on 6/10/2016 11:57:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Skip to 12min 42 seconds for Texas Toast!

Texas Toast is kind of a nude, mauve, brownish pink colour. It is similar to my natural lips but a little... browner?

It goes on super easy and there is hardly any transfer. It is extremely matte and does dry out your lips a little if you have it on for a long time. I had to reapply every 3 hours or so.

I bought this because I ordered the graveyard girl palette, and thought why not... But I probably wouldn't repurchase these lip paints in the future!

Video Reviews & Tutorials