e.l.f. Gotta Glow Lip Tint (all colors)

e.l.f. Gotta Glow Lip Tint (all colors)
Gotta Glow Lip Tint (all colors)

4.2

Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Octyldodecanol, Trisodecyl Triellitate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Polybutene, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Stearic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Stearyl Dimethicone, Silica Dimethyl Silyate, Diisostearyl Maleate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate. ( /-) Black Iron Oxide (CI 77499), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410). [6/9/17]

on 7/8/2018 8:06:00 AM

I kind of regret this purchase. I use a color changing lip product daily. The reason I like products like this is because you can swipe them on in a flash with no mirror, they tint the lips much longer than a regular lipstick, are moisturizing, don't look like makeup and give just the right hint of mlbb color. Very low maintenance. I typically use Lipstick Queen's Frog Prince, or good old Tangee from the Vermont Country Store.

I was so excited to see this for only $6. It showed up as a beautiful natural rosy pink and other than my lips feeling a bit drier than I was used to, I thought I was sold. About 30 minutes later as I was leaving the house, I noticed that my color was completely gone. My lips actually looked a little worse than normal, like they were a little pale from being parched. I loaded on a bunch more, and at the end of a 40 minute car ride, it had vanished again.

I did like the color so I kept trying to work with it. I was hoping that this would stain as my Frog Prince and Tangee do. I put those on once in the morning and often times don't have to touch up all day. But the elf lip tint looks great for 20 minutes, then I need to put on another product. I tried it for 2 weeks straight and used up nearly a tube trying to keep some color on my lips, whereas Frog prince can last for many months even with daily use, and I have had my Tangee lipstick for years. By that measure, the elf tint ends up being much more expensive.

My lips also began to crack, which is something I have zero tolerance for.

I switched back to my beloved frog prince and life is simpler again. Swipe it on in the morning and my lips are tinted and moizturized all day. Zero maintenance. And my lips are buttery soft.

Sometimes you find inexpensive drugstore gems but in this case, I'd say save your $ and put it toward a tube of the good stuff.

Oh yes, and the cover is always falling off.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have this in Perfect Pink which is a light pink in the tube but turns into a bright rosy pink on my lips. This is more like a tinted lip stain than a lipstick. This feels like a very light lip balm but dries my lips out horribly.

on 5/15/2018 11:29:00 PM

I got this in Perfect Berry after reading all of the good reviews and I am happy I got it.
It looks like a sheer burgundy meaning brownish red on my lips. It has a very natural finish and color. It's also moderately moisturizing. I think the packaging is pretty, I am not going to risk putting in my purse in case it breaks or the cap come off like other reviewers warned about. The actual color of the bullet reminds me of clinque's black honey lip shade.

on 10/16/2017 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I actually really like this but the packaging is brutalllll. I bought it and put it in my bag...when i went to get it the cap came off and the actual stick somehow came out??? Had to throw it out since it got dirty in my bag. I actually liked it though and I am definitely an ELF fan so i bought it again, planning to just keep it on my dresser so it wouldnt get messed up - go to use it and the stick is already broken off :/ like the entire stick - i twisted it up to use it and it was tilted and yeah already broken (it was sealed so no one else messed with it). I dont know how so im pretty annoyed because this is twice now. I really love the Dior Lip glow but since it is expensive i was hoping for an alternative. The Dior is way more moisturizing but this is still not bad. Im going to put the stick that broke off in an old lip tin to finish it but i definitely wont buy it again. The actual product is OK not that moisturizing but enough and is a good color on anyone lips (comes in 3 colours, pink, purple and coral). I def would have liked it if it actually stayed but def going back to the dior after this (still i could have just been super unlucky twice in a row lol).

on 9/10/2017 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is the same idea as the gimmicky green lipstick (made widely popular by Lipstick Queen, even though they were hardly the first brand to create such product). I got the shade Perfect Pink, which looks like a very pale pink but in fact turns a bright, slightly Barbie-esque pink when applied - at least on my lips. It acts like a stain, albeit not the most long lasting one, and the formula makes it look like you have nothing on your lips! Perfect for everyday wear or "no makeup"-makeup. The shade is the only thing making taking away from the natural look, and in hindsight I wish I would've gone for the Berry shade instead, since it's probably closer to my natural lip colour and would look more natural on me.

The lip tint is almost undetectable on the lips. I'd say it's neither drying nor very moisturizing, despite the claim of shea butter making the formula nourishing for the lips. I don't think it can replace a lip balm, so if you're having a day where your lips are too dry for wearing a "regular" lipstick, they're probably too dry for wearing this product alone, too.

So is this worth 6 bucks? Hell yeah, it is! I think it's a really great lip product to have on hand. Sadly it's marked up to over 100SEK (about $14) here in Sweden, which is a questionable price for a product from a lower end drugstore brand.

+ Cruelty free
+ Vegan
+ A very affordable alternative to gimmicky colour-changing lip products
+ Effortless to wear, but beautiful on the lips. Talk about my lips but better!

- Could be a little more moisturizing - although maybe that would take away from the natural look by making the finish shinier
- Pretty flimsy and cheap looking packaging, but then again it /is/ cheap, so it's almost silly to complain about that

I love these!

Some of us with deep yellow undertones have had to go through years of buying "berry" lipsticks only to have them turn into a bad 80s bright fuchsia nightmare after application. The "Perfect Berry" lipstick remains a blackberry shade when applied. It's sheer and not in any way goth. Basically, it's the berry shade that many Asian and black women have been looking for x decades.

My only criticism is that while the aesthetic design of the packaging is okay, especially for the price, the caps do not snap tightly. They are quite loose and always come off in makeup bags, which leaves lipstick smeared everywhere.

on 8/8/2017 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love, love, love!! I was going to buy the Dior Glow one but I couldn't justify the cost.
I saw this in Perfect Pink and thought I would give it a go. It is so beautiful on and gives such a nice, natural look to my lips. I love it. I do have to reapply throughout the day but that's no biggy for me.
I like it so much I bought three of them, I will continue to wear this.
I would definitely recommend and buy again.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Bought this in Perfect Berry as a throw in on an order..
It gives my lip a nice berry color flush...MLBB on me
Have to apply often,as the lasting power is not great,but for the price
it's ok for me
Not quite sure I would repurchase.....may change my mind later

on 3/3/2017 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

WOW!

I bought several ELF lipsticks in a big purchase at my local target, and sadly, am returning most of them (Ravishing Rose, BB Touch of Blush, BB Touch of Berry) because the colors weren't flattering on my skin tone at all. I was looking for a great "berry" lip color, since I stick to neutrals most of the time and for some reason, I thought those colors would be more of a berry leaning towards purple, not fushia or rose pink.

SO GLAD I GRABBED THIS LIP TINT! I bought this in the same big haul (also got Gotta Glow in Peach - need to try it next) but I LOVE THIS. This color was exactly what I was looking for in those other ELF lipsticks! It's a beautiful dark berry but leans towards a more blackberry? And when it neutralizes on my lips, it blends so well with my pale lips! I love it. I think what bothered me about the other ELF berry lipsticks were that they just coated my lips with berry pink color, and it just looked like I was wearing pink-toned lipstick, instead of really flattering the skin tone of my lips.

Note: I have read ELF reviews for these lip tints saying they have no color. I found them SUPER BOLD on my lips - but I have very pale, nude lips. If you have lips that are more naturally red or darker - you probably will think these do not leave a lot of color. But they do, if you have a neutral base to start with.

The lip tints are great if you don't like to wear heavy lipstick and also good if you like lipstick. I found the Perfect Berry color bold enough to pass for lipstick on my lips (I have pale lips) but also neutral enough and glossy enough to be comfortable for those who don't like stuff on their lips.

I found the application better than the other ELF lipsticks I'm returning - but it's not as moisturizing as the ELF day to night lip duos. Those seem to be the only ELF lipsticks I can find that have the original "moisturizing" formula that the old ELF Moisturizing studio lipsticks had. The new line isn't near the same, and if you purchase a duo and compare it to one of the other ELF lipsticks, you'll notice the difference right away.

Perfect Berry - my favorite - like a purple blackberry color. Turns true dark berry on my lips, with a purple-pink stain.
Perfect Pink - this turns bubble gum pink on my pale lips - but I still like it. I like that it's more balm-like with a tint so I can layer it with other lip options.
Perfect Peach - just like the pink, very peach toned. On my lips, it runs close to orange, but fades to a stained peach crayon when gone.

Love the lip tints, but one downside - they do not last long at all. I saw one blogger say they last 90 minutes. For me, I'd say 30 minutes, all depends on how much you lick your lips or drink anything. But - being a lip tint, I don't mind reapplying. Not sure if they are worth the $6, especially since they are in the same packaging as the ELF Beautifully Bare satin lipsticks and those are $5 (and not just a tint, but actually lipstick). I really hope ELF keeps their prices low, I've noticed them start to inch up a dollar or two.

Definitely would repurchase but I'm sure this will last me awhile! I think these are a neat addition to any makeup collection.

on 3/3/2017 2:31:00 AM

I bought this in Perfect Berry and on my lips it looks like an opaque, creamy brownish-plum lipstick. Not at all what I was expecting. I thought it would be more sheer.

I'm not a lipstick person, but I'm a fan of a lot of "almost-lipstick" type products. I like a smidge of moisturizing color on my lips. But the color and finish were a tiny bit too obvious for my liking.

It's an okay product with nice packaging but I wouldn't buy it again.