wet n wild Color Icon 10-Pan Eyeshadow Palette - Nude Awakening

wet n wild Color Icon 10-Pan Eyeshadow Palette - Nude Awakening
Color Icon 10-Pan Eyeshadow Palette - Nude Awakening

on 9/14/2018 6:41:00 PM

I actually ran though most of this palette in 4-5 months because I was using it so often. Its very versatile and I really don't understand why people are complaining about lack of pigmentation because colors are actually very pigmented, especially darker ones. Peachy shades in top row are too similar and variety would have been nice but for a price its fine

The reason for my 1 lippie is due to the fact the darker matte shades in this palette are awful. Yes, they are very pigmented, I'll give credit to WnW on that aspect but they don't blend at all and stay put wherever I apply them on my lid. I've tried everything to prep my eyes in order to get this palette to work and nothing seems to help blend these dark shadows. I've tried the WnW e/s primer, a creme based primer (MAC Paint Pot), tried setting the shadow primer with a skin toned shadow, tried not setting my primer, tried no primer and nothing has helped. Blending them like a mad woman resulted in a muddy mess of an eye that looked like I didn't know what I was doing with makeup application, not a look I'm going for. Blending them madly also resulted in them barely moving either because like I said, they stay put wherever you apply them.
The worst offender in this palette in the bottom dark neutral shade. This is the worst when it comes to trying to blend, second place for crappiness goes to the black shadow and third place for crappy blendibility goes to the matte maroon-wine shadow. The quality of the crappy dark mattes reminds me of the same poor quality of the dark mattes in Colourpop's Fame palette, they are dry and don't blend The white shadow is untried, no opinion on that.
The only redeeming matte in this palette is the cool toned taupey brown on the top but on my very fair skin this still surprisingly doesn't really show up very well so I think the pigmentation quality of this cool toned brown is poor. Using this shadow to blend the darker shades didn't seem to help.
The shimmers in this palette are really good but what good is a complete e/s palette when the mattes are useless and awful? Using a finger to apply the shimmers is the best application ime.
I will be putting this in my box of rejects to donate to Project Beauty Share, hopefully someone else can get some use out of this.
I feel so disappointed because I wanted to love this palette due to it's neutral leaning cool toned shades which is hard to find among the sea of warm toned palettes out there.
My 2 favorite shimmers in this palette are the lower left one right above the cool toned brown transition shadow and the taupey purpley shade right above the crappy matte black shadow, both of these shimmers are unique and beautiful but it's not worth it to me to keep this palette for only the shimmers.

on 12/4/2017 2:23:00 PM

I bought this because WnW eye shadows get such great reviews and the colors look good in package. Pretty disappointing. Rosy shades, pan not as cheap looking as you might think. But the colors barely show up at all-really not very pigmented on me, with or without primer.

on 11/8/2017 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'd wanted a good nude palette, and this one serves pretty well. It has a mix of shimmery and matte shadows, and they range from ivory to black, with rose golds, coppery hues, browns and eggplant. They apply and blend well. Some are more pigmented than others, but this is a good 10-shadow palette where one could try a number of looks, from soft and natural to bold and dramatic.

on 10/21/2017 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Purchased this online based on the good reviews. For some reason I thought the colours would be a bit warmer. When I got it, I was surprised to see that it was mostly pinky/plum shades. Surprisingly, many of the colours are dupes for the Laura Mercier Eye Art palette which I also own. This palette has two fewer shades than the LM one but guess what? I can do most of the same looks with it and I found the shadows last all day/evening until I take them off, even without primer. They are not chalky compared to some drug store e/s and blend easily. I like that there is a matte off-white shade to use as a base plus 4 other matte shades and 5 shimmers.
All in all, I am quite impressed since I paid only $7.99CDN compared to $70CDN for the LM palette at Sephora. If I had discovered this one first I wouldn't have purchased the more expensive one. The main difference IMO is the packaging--obviously the WnW is the usual cheap plastic packaging but it is easy to open and close securely so I have no issues with it .

I feel like at this point I can safely say that Wet n Wild can do no wrong when it comes to the quality of their eyeshadows - they are all super pigmented, buttery and blends so well. This palette is no different. I got both the Nude Awakening and Bare Necessities and prefer this palette simply because I am more drawn to the rose/gold/dark plum color scheme.

There are two things I feel like worth mentioning for this palette. First of all the 3 super shimmery shades (Shades #2, 4 and 5) are a bit wet and crumbly so I would use a light hand and build it up slowly. Secondly, the 10th shade (the deep black at the end) is SUPER BLACK - like THEY MEAN BUSINESS BLACK. I love it - it's as black as my soul. I dab it lightly ONCE with my brush and there is enough pigmentation for both sides of my outer corner. They also just blends and blends so well. I usually don't use black shades but these are exceptional.

Go get it - you will love it...cannot recommend enough.

on 8/16/2017 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Super inexpensive and purchased as a gift for a friends' daughter's 13th birthday. Perfect for that.

on 7/12/2017 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Decent for the price but the fallout is unreal

Overall I enjoy this palette. I would probably not repurchase just because there are better palettes out there, but I do recommend this palette for beginners.

Pros:
Nice range of colors
Great matte shades
Very pigmented

Cons:
Shimmer shades are very glittery
Swatches badly
Takes some time to blend (once blended it looks great)

on 5/16/2017 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This palette is okay. It gets the job done. Good assortment of mattes and shimmers. However, the shimmers are a bit glittery, some more than others. The mattes are also a bit hard to blend. They wanna stay where you put them. It is also VERY powdery. Just tap your brush into it and tap off the excess. It has good colors for pale skin, but if you're deeper I think you will struggle a bit. The transition color is a nude pink and only about a shade deeper than my skintone. It hardly shows on me, let alone someone with a tan.

It's decent. I would not be purchasing again, but I will continue to use it.