wet n wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder

4.8

on 3/31/2018 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I have this in Crown Of My Canopy. This is so pigmented and beautiful on my NC45 skin. Will purchase this again

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I own this in Precious Petals, White Raven and Royal Calyx, currently eying Botanic Dream.

Precious Petals is a great, glowy formula that is ideal on pale skin. It's on par with some of the best non glittery h/l there are and blends so well. I've reviewed that seperately so check that if you want more details. That is a 5/5 for me.

Royal Calyx is a beautiful cool toned purple BUT it is very different in formula. This has a sheer glitter infused formula, more like a topper eyeshadow with glitter and shift. It does blend out okay but it takes more work because it's not as finely milled. I notice if I build it up for an intense glow, I both notice the purple hue and the glitter. Normally I pretty much hate glittery formulas, but I've found it growing on me. The one drawback I find is that this is a very cool toned shade, so it may be more difficult to match blush to it. I layer it over a pink h/l and it makes it more wearable and dilutes the purple on my skin.

White Raven is a truly unique formula for them, it's a beautiful iridescent lilac purple. It's blendable enough that it can be extremely vivid without leaving a purple streak when in shadow. It's LE and I would suggest grabbing it soon, but there is another LE collection coming Fall 2018 to watch for too. This is VERY bright in the daylight. The kind of bright that might be best at a concert, outdoor event, festival, whatever. But it bumped my review up to 5 stars, these are really nice.

Overall these are great but you need to know what you want, which is hard when they are rarely in stores. If you see them I'd steer more towards the ones that seem metallic vs glitter infused, unless that's your thing. Final note: the packaging is a PITA!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Oh my goodness, I love this product so much. I can see why a lot of people do.
My best friend actually bought this and mailed it to me (in Precious Petals), so glad she did.

Words cannot even describe how beautiful it is and it's a great price. It's very buttery, soft, and pigmented. I like to mix this in with the limited edition Wet N Wild highlighter called "The Sweetest Bling" (the pink one with the heart in the middle) and it's out of this world (it could be seen from space tbh).

I also have this in the purple shade (I believe it's called Royal Calyx) and I'm excited to try that one. I really hope it's the same formula as this one and I will make an updated review when I try it.

I've about hit pan on this and I definitely plan on buying another. :)

on 12/28/2017 1:43:00 AM

I have 3 of these highlighters and gifted one to my best friend because she's just obsessed with purple. Honestly, if these were in luxe packaging and had a higher price tag, I wouldn't buy them. But they're price does make up for so much. These are an intense metallic cheek, bordering the consistency of eyeshadow. This doesn't make them bad, just a little tricky to work with. The shimmer isnt the most refined, though still fine. I believe there is a lot of hype around these highlighters and they are a bit underwhelming. That being said they're still beautiful in their own rights, but they definitely fall into the makeup category and aren't suited for natural looks.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

There was so much hype on these highlighter last year and I was so curious to know why but I could never get my hands on them because they sold out so quick. Luckily the hype is gone so I was able to pick one of these up at my local Walmart. In my opinion they didn't live up to the hype but they're still pretty good. For starters i love the packaging! It comes in a cute little compact (No mirror) and the powder has a cute design on it.The first thing I did when i got home was swatch this guy. I liked what I saw. It was very pigmented to my surprise. So I decided to give it a try on my face. When I dipped my brush into it there was so much fallout! The product was flying everywhere and i barely even dipped my brush into it! When i put it on my face it looked really nice despite my horrific experience with the fallout. The glow was real with this highlighter! There are some flaws with this but hey! for $4 I can't complain. This has made it to my daily products list, it's an overall great deal for the price and how pretty the highlighter actually looks on the skin.

on 8/10/2017 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

These are by far the BEST drug store highlighters in existence - in fact, these blow away some high end highlighters I have tried.

These are incredibly smooth, do not emphasize pores, and give that "I see you from space" glow. While a few of the shades look like they have some glitter, I get none on application (maybe its an overspray?). I now have these in Golden Flower Crown, Precious Peals, and Crown of My Canopy. As for cons, there are none - well the packaging is cheap, however, they are so easy to depot! I put them into a palette and viola! Perfection.

I have no complaints about these, just raves...

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

So far, I only have this in the shade Botanic Dream, but it is inevitable that I will get more. Botanic Dream is a pinky-peach sheen with no glitter that really makes the skin glow. I am very pale, so I was a little worried that it might be too dark, but it blends nicely and doesn't show up super-dark on my skin. I saw a lot of varying swatches online, so I didn't really know what to expect. The powder isn't super-soft, as some highlighters can be, so there's no kickup or powder fallout, which is nice. The packaging is pretty basic, but with the embossing on the highlighter it's still pretty. I definitely recommend this shade specifically for pale and medium skin tones, and I look forward to trying more of the colors as well.

I managed to buy the LE one (from spring 2017 collection), in "The Sweetest Bling". I instantly fell in love with the formula. Since I have very fair skin I use it as a "blush topper"- it doesn't accentuate skin texture (pores, peach fuzz) AT ALL. I apply it with kabuki brush from the same collection (also a great product). The effect is quite gorgeous!! I use it almost every day, currently switching up with Nyx Duo Chromatic highlight in Lavender Steel.
The formula is almost "gel-like"- if someone told me I'm using one of those Dior highlighters I would honestly believe it- yup it's that good.
You can build up the effect, always a good thing because not everyone is into super intense highlight.
It has a slight duochrome effect- which is why I bought it. I'm not a highlighter person at all, but when I see those "unconventional" shades, like blue, lavender or even green, I just can't resist. (that Zoeva Spring Strobe palette though!)

It's truly an incredible product, and given the price, I think everyone should try it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this in Precious Petals and the Lilac color.
The quality on these are amazing!
Precious Petals is a little dark for my very fair skin, but it still makes a beautiful highlight, and even more so, a gorgeous eyeshadow. It looks BEAUTIFUL on my friends with darker skin tones.
The lilac color is somehow pigmented, otherworldly, and flattering all at the same time. It looks great (and fun!) on all skin tones. It's subtle and a knockout, and I can't get enough of it.
Wet 'n Wild really outdid themselves with these highlighters.
Highly recommend.
A+.

on 6/29/2017 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

One of the best highlighters ever, it's not sparkly, it just gives that beautiful sheen when applied to the high points of the face. It photographs beautifully and is worth every penny. If you see it, grab it!