wet n wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder

wet n wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder
MegaGlo Highlighting PowderMegaGlo Highlighting Powder

4.6

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Great highlighter especially for the price point! I have this highlighter in Botanic Dream and it's my favorite highlighter. In the packaging, it appears pinker but on the skin it applies very silvery. I don't mind this too much but if you wanted a pink highlighter this might not be what you expect. The tinge of pink is very slight in this product. I use a fan brush to achieve a blended and natural looking glow.

Sadly this is a pass for me. I've been experimenting with different highlighters, and I was fortunate enough to have a girlfriend give me one of these. It was the lavender blue one.

The blue was so prominent on my skin, and it's super chunky and glittery. I looked like a Blue Meanie no matter how much I blended. I have fair-medium neutral toned skin, and this didn't suit me AT ALL. I don't know about the other colors, but as far as formula is concerned, the blue one sucked.

Luckily I got a free sample of Cover FX Glitter Drops from Sephora, and I really like them. They are pretty glittery too, but much easy to blend and looks more glowy.

Also, the packaging is a turnoff. It's super cheap and looks like it would easily break if I put it in my handbag.

on 7/10/2018 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

None of the shades available seem to work on me. But I am NC10 and any shade even very slightly off is noticeable. Most were either too dark or too colorful to be used as a highlighting shade on me. And my crater face sure as hell doesn't need a shimmery blush so that alternative wasn't an option either. That does not mean this is a bad product though. I found it to be very high quality. The powders are extremely pigmented and shimmery, as every highlighter should be. If you can find a shade that works for you, grab it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love these highlighters!!! They give such a luminous and healthy glow, or you can go heavy for a blinding pop of light. They blend beautifully. I have bought 2 of them (Blossom Glow and Botanic Dream) and I love them both so much. They’re not chalky, they’re not glittery and they don’t look “cheap” even though they’re $5. I will keep buying these for as long as they are made. Wet n wild has really been stepping their game up lately and I’m impressed.

on 7/4/2018 3:46:00 AM

I have this in "crown of my canopy", "blossom glow" and limited edition "white raven ". I had read many positive reviews about these but didn't take them seriously because I didn't think they could compare to my Becca or Urban Decay highlighters that I swear by for a "see me from outer space glow". I ended up buying the white raven because I was looking for that shade to try and I wanted a cheaper brand because I didn't know if I would like that purple tint glow on me. That was my first one and since I have three now, no question that I love it! First of all, these are like $5! That is such a bargain for these highlighters. I love the flat square packaging that is compact and easy to store or carry in your purse. I was pleasantly surprised from the first swipe to my cheek. These inexpensive highlighters can hold their own with their more expensive high end version (I hate the term dupe because it portrays that thrifty people can find a cheap version that they trick themselves into thinking it's as good as the high end version. That's completely false and unnecessary. this product isn't a "dupe". Its just a quality drugstore brand I like) they are very highly pigmented and even though they go on initially vibrant and bold, they can still build for an even brighter glow. It illuminates my face and looks so pretty on. It last thru the day too, staying as bright. It doesn't fade away as they day goes on and that's important. I've gotten many compliment while wearing these and I love to tell others about these that don't normally wear this brand either. My friends and I are high end cosmetics women typically because I find most of the time high end is better. Occasionally I find a drugstore brand I prefer and I wear it as proudly as I do the high end brand. This is one of those products. I love this highlighter and the colors I own all look beautiful on. As I find new shades I like I will add them to the ones I already have because a girl can never have too many highlighters _☺☺☺

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have this in Blossom Glow shade. It looks really good and light on my very fair, cool undertoned skin. The pigmentation is not high which I prefer as you can build it up if you like. I used this in very small amount, applied with a brush. Outside in the daylight it wasn't noticeable at all. Indoors there was a natural-looking, little glow on my face.

I would say it's great for daytime, if your goal is a more natural look. I even use it without any skin make-up at all. For this price the quality is really great.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in Golden Flower Crown. This has to be one of the most beautiful golden highlighters I have ever used. Gives the skin a gorgeous glowy sheen. It's perfect on my light olive skin tone.

Took me forever to find the shade Golden Flower Crown in Canada. Apparently it's discontinued at Wal Mart so I had to order it online which made it cost about $13 CAD.

I bought this in precious petals. WOW!!!! I am shook! This is beautiful and shining and creamy and so easy to blend. It's hard to believe it's not a high end hilighter. But, Wet n Wild has been bringing their A Game to the table for a while now. This hilighter right here has made me put my Smashbox down and not pick it up since I've tried this. It's that good. It's got a smooth buttery feel to it that just feels so nice on your skin. And that glow...it's gorgeous. It also lasts pretty much all day for me. This is a HG product for me. I mean, come on... it performs better than most high end products and its $4.99! You can't beat that.

on 3/31/2018 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I have this in Crown Of My Canopy. This is so pigmented and beautiful on my NC45 skin. Will purchase this again

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I own this in Precious Petals, White Raven and Royal Calyx, currently eying Botanic Dream.

Precious Petals is a great, glowy formula that is ideal on pale skin. It's on par with some of the best non glittery h/l there are and blends so well. I've reviewed that seperately so check that if you want more details. That is a 5/5 for me.

Royal Calyx is a beautiful cool toned purple BUT it is very different in formula. This has a sheer glitter infused formula, more like a topper eyeshadow with glitter and shift. It does blend out okay but it takes more work because it's not as finely milled. I notice if I build it up for an intense glow, I both notice the purple hue and the glitter. Normally I pretty much hate glittery formulas, but I've found it growing on me. The one drawback I find is that this is a very cool toned shade, so it may be more difficult to match blush to it. I layer it over a pink h/l and it makes it more wearable and dilutes the purple on my skin.

White Raven is a truly unique formula for them, it's a beautiful iridescent lilac purple. It's blendable enough that it can be extremely vivid without leaving a purple streak when in shadow. It's LE and I would suggest grabbing it soon, but there is another LE collection coming Fall 2018 to watch for too. This is VERY bright in the daylight. The kind of bright that might be best at a concert, outdoor event, festival, whatever. But it bumped my review up to 5 stars, these are really nice.

Overall these are great but you need to know what you want, which is hard when they are rarely in stores. If you see them I'd steer more towards the ones that seem metallic vs glitter infused, unless that's your thing. Final note: the packaging is a PITA!