Essie Tribal Text-Styles

Essie Tribal Text-Styles

4.6

I love this shimmery black polish! It’s pretty opaque and easy to apply. The polish also dries fast without a topcoat, perfect for last minute situations.

on 4/13/2018 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Beautiful witchy colour! Would buy again! Goes on opaque in 2-3 coats. Used with Seche Vite. Pretty durable. Usual Essie brush so not especially great or standout but A+ black with fine thick silver shimmer resulting in a smoke grey :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a GORGEOUS black-ish shade! I love dark colors on my nails, but I don't like straight black. So this one is perfect! It looks like a dark charcoal gray color because of the shimmer from far away, but up close, it is a beautiful shimmer black. The first coat is concerning because it's slightly sheer, but somehow the second coat goes on PERFECT and opaque. Wear is the normal essie quality. I'M OBSESSED.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I love getting Essie polishes at bargain prices and I snagged this one at TJ Maxx. I was in the mood for dark polishes a couple of months ago when winter was approaching.
I picked up Tribal Text-Styles along with a couple of other shades and I'm glad I did.
I have Essie's Licorice and Tribal Text-Styles is a nice variation on the black polish theme.
It looks more glittery in the bottle than how it applies.

The glitter/shimmer is very light and application is great - nice, opaque coverage without any runs or streaks.
The result is a beautiful gunmetal shade.

Another winner from Essie!

on 6/8/2016 2:19:00 PM

Awesome polish!!! From their Summer 2016 Collection, Essie's Tribal Text-Styles is a black creme/jelly that's shot through with TONS of silver microshimmer. It looks AMAZING on the nail. It's pretty much what I had hoped Orly's Goth would be. And also a big improvement on Essie's Haute Tub from a few months ago.

This is a perfect example of a black polish that isn't black-black. And it actually looks the same on the nail as it does in the bottle. They really pulled it off.

Excellent formula with this one too. Opaque in two coats and no problems with application or wear.

This is a new favorite Essie for me! I love it and I'd definitely buy it again. Highly Recommended!

Popular Polishes