2.4

price range

Reviews

3.0

5 months ago

I have to agree, my kids are using this foundation and I am not happy it breaks them out I guess. Not 100%sure it also could be this tatcha moisturising thing. Or a combination of bought. But don't like it. I do use some of essence eyeshadows and mascaras, and they are fantastic can't notice any difference to high-end products. I think it is the same. But not this foundation it's terrible, which is sad :( #momcare

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

5 months ago

First off, I love Essence. As in I'm a big fan. Especially of their mascaras and nail polishes. But this foundation is the worst I have ever tried. The lightest shade was VERY orange on me. I had to take it off immediately. There was no way to make it work. It just looked so bad. It also has perfume in it, which is completely unnecessary. I am giving it to my Italian boyfriend's sister hoping the tone of it will match her skin tone, which is darker than mine, better.

About reviewer (75 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

6 months ago

I've used many essence foundations and really liked most of them. This one doesn't work for me though. The lightest shade was noticeably too dark (and I have a "pale person's tan" now) and very yellow/ orange. I got several breakouts in the three days of using it, and I don't get them otherwise, nor am I using other new products or supplements. They went away when I stopped using it. It also caused burning, tired eyes every time I used it, and that too stopped when I quit the product. It is medium coverage and applies nicely, doesn't look cakey or dry, doesn't settle into creases. The pump packaging is hygienic, but you can't see how much you have left, and it annoys me that there's always two weeks worth of product on the bottom of pump packaged foundations that you can't get to unless you cut the thing open. I would recommend if warm, yellow hues suit you, provided you're willing to find out if it breaks you out. The finish is really nice though, if the shade fits, it would look really natural.

About reviewer (82 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I could not resist trying this base, as I like a lot of Essence’s products. This product, unfortunately, did not work so well for me. Firstly, I found it difficult to find a colour that suited me. My skin has a pinky undertone, and everything was slightly too yellow. I took it anyway, mostly because it was cheap. I found that although the colour lasted (granted, I was not in hot weather) the texture of the base was quite awful on my skin. Firstly, I have a lot of fine hair on my face. It’s blonde and everyone says it is not noticeable, but I really despise it. I used to wax it but I was advised not to because my skin is so sensitive. I found that this base almost settled on the fine hairs, like a powder and made them appear more visible. It also seemed to settle into the fine line that are starting to appear around my eyes and on my forehead. Try this product if: -You can find a shade that suits you. - You are relatively hairless or you wax/ sugar (etc) your face. -You are either young (below 27ish or you have no wrinkles. -You are on a tight budget. Do not buy this product if: -facial hair is an issue for you. -your skin is lined or is starting to get lines. -You cannot find an exact colour match (don’t kid yourself, it’s important).

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrunette

2 years ago

Skin Tone=15 soft cream I use it every day and I really love it In my opinion it has a high coverage! Tonalità=15 soft cream Lo uso ogni giorno e lo adoro Per me ha un'alta coprenza!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Medium

HairBrown

EyesBlue

2 years ago

I have a dry skin and this foundation is the the only drugstore product that doesnt caused any breakout or dry patches to my face. The coverage is medium. I always apply the foundation using sponge or brush and both give satisfying finishing. However I do aggree that it is difficult to have the perfect shade that match my skin colour. The colour a bit yellowish. Not many shade available at the store and always sold out.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

2 years ago

I don't understand why this foundation has such bad reviews. I have the shade 30 and I have to say it matches me perfectly! I have normal to oily skin and I find it to be quite long lasting, full coverage but it's not cakey at all. I usually wear estee lauder double wear (as it's more long lasting) but nobody can tell a difference when I occasionally wear this foundation.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

Essence is one of my favourite brands. I buy everything from them, except my foundation. All of them are just too orange. I tried multiple colours of this foundation and it just never looked good. I'm quite fair so I can't speak for tan skin tones, but the colour of this foundation doesn't suit fair skin. The only nice thing I have to say about this foundation is that the packaging is practical and the price low. Other than that: the colour is off, the finish isn't great and the coverage is not that high. It's supposed to stay 16 hours, but it just doesn't. I love Essence but in this case: you get what you pay for.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

Dont buy this trash!!!! The color is very orange ,,it makes your face dull

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

EyesBlack

3 years ago

Does not stay for 16hours not even for 2 hours. The color becomes orange in 20 minutes because the product oxidizes very quickly.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age36-43