L.A. Girl Matte Flat Velvet Lipstick

L.A. Girl Matte Flat Velvet Lipstick
Matte Flat Velvet LipstickMatte Flat Velvet Lipstick

on 2/4/2018 11:28:00 AM

I am new to L.A Girl cosmetics, one of my local CVS stores recently began stocking a large assortment of their products. I had my eyes on this lipstick in the shade Snuggle. I decided to pick it up, this is a new favorite of mine. It's a really nice nude brown, I thought it would be a dupe for WNW Bare it All which is an all time favorite of mine, but it's not. It's more brown where Bare it All is a brown with some peach in it. It's very nice though.

I don't find it to be drying at all, and like the feel of it on. It almost feels like you aren't wearing anything which I really like. I don't mind glosses but find myself moving away from overly sticky and heavy ones. There is a smell but honestly after I have it on I don't really notice it at all. It doesn't have much of a shine but I don't know if it's considered to be a true matte either, probably somewhere in the middle.

The packaging isn't anything special but I don't mind it, the tube is longer and slimmer but not as slim as a pencil, such as the ELF Matte lipsticks.

Overall, I give this 5 stars. I may grab another one to keep on hand as I seem myself wearing this quite a bit.

on 9/22/2017 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

The CVS near me just started carrying L.A. Girl & they are BOGO half off this week so I scooped up mostly everything in the line to try out. I bought this in Manic and it's gorgeous with my very cool, fair complexion. This goes on smoothly and it's not drying at all. The previous reviewer says it transfers which is true. I wish it would leave more of a stain on the lips as it wears off but it's still a great lipstick for a fantastic price.

I'm going to pick up another one for my office makeup bag.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Velvety and SUPER pigmented, these are pretty hard to apply, but look amazing!

I have 4.
Spicy is a raisin brown, very warm, but also very dark.
Poetic is a blue based grey. Pretty hard to wear such a gunmetal colour, but it's so beautiful.
Va Voom! is a kind of mulberry purple/pink colour. Really stunning.
Bite Me is red. A flat apple red which is probably the one I wear the most, as it's so easy to wear.

None of them have distinct scents, but the packaging breaks rather easily... the insides just kind of fall out. So be careful with them.

on 10/12/2016 5:59:00 PM

Absolutely love these! They glide on easily and are so pigmented. Definitely one of their best products.

on 8/29/2016 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Such a drugstore gem! I love the colour (i have this in 'Bliss') and it felt very comfortable going on and feels comfortable to wear. It's not transfer proof but it is matte and lasts well if you're just drinking water or not eating something that's too oily. Feels good, the colour is beautiful and matte and it's very affordable. What's not to love?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I have this lipstick in the shade "Manic", which is almost an exact dupe for MAC Flat out Fabulous. It is not fully matte, rather velvety finish with slight sheen to it. Pigmentation is great, goes on very creamy and smooth, doesn't dry out lips. It does not look cakey and you can build up the color. This lipstick stains like crazy, so keep that in mind.
Also, I would like to mention the packaging - unlike other lipsticks, you have color on the top of the cap and there is no need to store the lipstick upside down to see what color it is. By the way, you can take off that small color piece on the cap, there is something like sheer gloss without scent and taste in it, so cute :)
The lipstick smells like cupcakes (same as NYX soft matte lip creams), although I've heard that lipsticks in this range have different scents.
Overall, I am very satisfied with the purchase. Quality is good and the price is ridiculous.