LORAC Pro 3 Palette

LORAC Pro 3 Palette
Pro 3 PalettePro 3 PalettePro 3 Palette

3.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite of all the Pro palettes - I even have a backup!
I love mix of cools and warms in this neutral palette. It's perfect for my fair skin, blonde hair, and blue eyes! I don't think darker skin tones would like this palette as much though. A lot of the shades are very light.
Some of the shimmers are interchangeable, but I personally like all the subtle differences. This palette has real cohesion.
The quality is pretty much perfect for me. The real stunner shade (Medallion) does not have the pigment it does in the pan, and it does have some fallout. Other than that, the quality is 9/10 across the board.
I love the warm, neutral mattes (like Sienna), and the cool taupe (named Cool Taupe.)
I always get compliments with this palette, and I always feel my best with it. I don't know what it is. Even simple looks manage to glide on and compliment my skin/look.
Overall, A+ for me.
B- for its diversity though.

on 10/2/2016 11:50:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

When I first saw this palette it really reminded me of the Naked 3 by Urban Decay. I was excited by the "rosy" colors. Tati did some swatches that blew my away! I own the Pro 1, 2, 3 and the Mega Pro 2. I do not mind the powdery fall out of Lorac shadows. They are by far some of my favorite shadow formulas.

In my PRO 1 the champagne shade was a dud, too glittery. Medallion is that shade in the Pro 3. Along with Dark Mocha, except worse.. They are SO powdery! When I use a brush to swatch I end up with a weak strip of color with PILES of fall out at each end. It feels like a completely different formula than the other palettes.

I thought the palette leaned rosy until I really played with them. Mostly warm browns (which you probably have) and the glitter shades lean silver on my fair skin. I don't like returning palettes because I know they get thrown away so I will keep it and try to use it as I can.

Honestly, If you get this palette, only plan on being able to make about 3 looks tops. Make sure to use a primer and use the shades wet. A lot of the colors look the EXACT same on the lid. If you have the option, grab the MEGA PRO 3. I have it and it is worlds better than the PRO.

I would never consider repurchasing a single shade from the PRO 3 if I ran out, it is nothing special in my opinion, and I am a Lorac LOVER!

I attached a few pictures with PRO 3 swatches next to other lorac shades. You can really see the contrast in quality! The last 4 swatches are of shades in the MEGA PRO 3.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

UPDATE:
Ok, I had to remove my stars. This palette is a huge disappointment. I am a Lorac eyeshadow fan - I have all their palettes. This one, by far, is the worst.

The shimmer shades are pretty bad. With minimal use, I am already panning a LOT of the shades. You just need SO MUCH product to get some of the colors to show up. The pigment is very poor on some of the colors. Unfortunately, the worst colors were some of my favorite shades and the reason I originally picked up the palette. Seeing pan after such minimal use is making me feel a little ripped off honestly. On some of the shades, I just lightly touch my brush to them, and the product just crumbles out of the palette, but it doesn't stick to the brush. (I use Mac brushes)

The matte shades are great - exactly what you would expect from Lorac. But most of the colors aren't something that I don't already have (or at least something similar - browns, pink, and cream) making the palette a waste of space.

I am not sure why this is such a lemon, because my HG is the Pro1, and I love the megapro3, which launched around the same time.

*************
UPDATE:
If you are considering between this and the Mega Pro 3 palette - order the Mega pro 3 instead. Although I like this Pro3 palette, a few of the shimmer shades could be better - and take a little more effort to work with. (nothing terrible, or unusable though, just not as good as others) The Mega Pro 3 palette shadows are great across the board.
*************
I purchased this early release from Ulta, and have been using it every day since!

For reference:
I am very cool toned, have dry skin (and dry eyelids too)

Being cool toned made me almost skip this palette. So many of the reviews mentioned it being so warm. While the colors are warm, most of the palette is totally wearable for us cool-toned folks. Only the "terracotta" and "rose bronze" pull very orange on my skin. The rest of the colors are more warm/neutral in color. The "clay" color is borderline for me, almost too orangey, but wearable. Some of the matte shades actually seem to lean more cool.

on 9/21/2016 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I own the Lorac Pro original, Pro 2, and MegaPro, and this is very comparable to those in terms of quality. I find the shadow formula to be the same as those - buttery soft/creamy, pigmented, and blendable. The colors in the Pro 3 will appeal to you if you wear a lot of neutrals (I do), and especially those who may do more conservative makeup looks for an office (again, me). I would call it a variety of nudes & neutrals, with a couple of darker pops. I really enjoy this palette. I find it to be nice quality, and I think the colors are lovely. If you're someone who prefers brighter or darker shadows, this may not be for you. I am 41 and work in a conservative office, and this is a great palette for me personally. I would most definitely repurchase this if I ever needed to.

on 9/14/2016 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really wanted to like this palette as I love the other Lorac pro palettes and this color selection is right up my alley. But unfortunately it's quite a disappointment, and in an unusual way, too. In my previous experience, if I'm going to have problems with any colors in a palette it will usually be the mattes. Mattes just seem to be harder to formulate well. Usually I have no issues with shimmer eyeshadows. To my surprise the Lorac Pro 3 had the exact opposite issue. I love the mattes, they are pigmented and blend well, though they make a mess and are very dusty. The shimmers are a different story. The lighter shimmers sheer out too easily and fade. The darker shimmers fade and are not true to pan color. Amethyst is the biggest bummer as it is arguably the prettiest color in the pan (a reddish shimmery plum) but it turns into a murky brown on my eyes every time, even over shadow sticks in similar colors. Medallion is a chunky glittery mess. All the shimmery shades have massive fallout issues. The mattes have fallout as well but to a lesser extent. The shimmers are just not good and I just can't understand it as Lorac palettes have never steered me wrong in the past.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was really worried after reading so many bad reviews about this product online, but I knew I should give it the benefit of the doubt as I know lorac is an amazing brand for eyeshadow. The palette is so beautiful and the colours are all so versatile. I don't understand the hate for it, I really don't. The consistency is exactly like the original lorac pro, the colours are really pigmented and the shimmers (which have the worst rep) were great too. Yes the medallion shade is a bit 'bitty' but it says on the box best used wet, but even when used dry it still look nice. It's so sad that so many people are not choosing this palette by all the negative reviews, it's so beautiful and feels the same as the other lorac pro. Please don't be put off by the reviews online - yes there is fallout, but they're extremely soft, so be gentle.

I wear it every day all day; so 11 hours and it doesn't fade or smudge. I use it with urban decay primer potion. Overall I'm really happy I bought this eyeshadow and definitely recommend it!

on 6/23/2016 7:50:00 PM

I feel like the palette is getting a very bad rap, but I personally love it. I like 2 best for the variety, but love this for the soft rose gold colors and its cohesiveness. I get complaints that it is very light leaning, but I find that the light colors still have nuance and I like them for getting a natural slightly warm look. The mattes are smooth, not chalky. The color spectrum is not for everyone, I do agree, but there are people that this will suit. I don't find the quality to be that different from the Pro 1 or 2. Yes, medallion sucks used dry and has fallout. However, so did Champagne from 1. And Medallion actually has pigment in my opinion. Personally, I think Medallion is fine when used with a wet brush. If you don't like the colors, then by all means pass over this, but if you like the colors I do think this palette has the quality of the first two palettes.

on 6/13/2016 2:33:00 PM

Well, since I'm such a huge fan of Lorac products and her Pro line of course I HAD to have this palette! I don't dislike the palette and I don't regret the purchase since it has some extremely strong points, but there are definitely some issues with it too. The excellence in formula, wear time and smoothness of application are all a given of course, it IS a Lorac palette after all. I have no problems with any of those things, especially the top row of matte shadows. They are all pigmented like a dream and are so opaque and wonderful! No chalky mess here, the formula is perfection!

However, I was somewhat disappointed by most of the shimmery colors in the bottom row. For example, I was really excited about the Medallion shade but when I tried it I barely got any pigment at all! To me it's a lot like the Pink Sugar shade in the Too Faced Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar palette. Sparkly and shimmery but no real color. Also, the packaging is gorgeous but gets VERY dirty extremely quickly!!!! I'm fairly obsessive about keeping my makeup clean but already this is proving a challenge for me with this palette.

Overall, I'd say definitely get this if you're a Lorac fan or collector or if you don't have something similar. The matte shades alone are worth it and the shimmery shades can still be used quite effectively despite the lack of pigment in some. However, if you have the Lorac Unzipped palette and limited $$ to spend, this is very similar! No real dupes really, but the same idea in shade range. I like this a lot, but I probably wouldn't repurchase.

I got this from the Ulta pre-sale and I'm totally in love! Lorac never disappoints imo and they certainly didn't this time around.

The shadows are buttery and highly pigmented. I have very fair skin and all the shades showed up and stayed put.

My only complaint is the light packaging is gonna get dirty something fierce lol oh well, I'm the only one digging thru my palette drawers 😊

Way to go Lorac!!! Between Tarte in Bloom and this palette, I'm set to travel or go out or stay home. They are my favorites!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I seriously debated this. Really, I thought, do I really need another palette...? But the colors just totally 'called' to me. At first glance it may appear that these shades are done to death, so to speak; meaning, looks like nothing really 'different'. But I disagree. The shades all have a little 'something' different, not your basic taupe, etc... Just some little 'oomph!!' in each shade that I love.

Gorgeous, very flattering and easy to work with shades aside; application and wear time and appearance of these are what makes me go GA GA over these....These apply smooth as butter. My crepey eyelids (45 years old, the eyes are looking a little 'tired' sometimes..) look youthful and not so crepey with these shadows. These make my eyelids look smooth and somehow make my eyes look "awake" and just lovely, if I do say so myself! :)

Very flattering shades. I think many skin tones and many eye colors could wear many of these shades. They glide on and blend like a dream. If you have trouble blending, this may be a palette you might want to check out.

Now, these do kick up a very slight bit of dust when the brush or applicator hits the pan, but it is very minimal, and possibly my slight heavy hand does not help. However, I do not get the dust kick up like the previous Lorac Pro 12-pan palettes. And I get no fallout on my cheeks, which is appreciated.

As an older lady of 45 years who does not like to fuss with makeup a whole lot and does not want to blend-blend-blend eye shadow all day, I really love this palette. The shades are so flattering and so easy to work with. It does not crease or do anything ugly as the day wears on for me. No irritation and I detect no scent, which my sensitive nose and skin appreciate. I do not use the primer that came with this. I find the shades for me work stunningly well without any primer, no matter the primer brand......And to me, that is the mark of a really great eye shadow palette. Staying power is pretty much all day for me, with light fading only after about 12 hours (and again, that is without primer).

Very glad that I decided to get this. It is my new fave palette and quite possibly my HG palette. I just really have no complaints about this and nothing but pleased with how it looks and performs. Much better imho than the Pro 1 and Pro 2 twelve pan palettes. Not sure what they did, but to me the quality seems much better with this palette.