MAC Cosmetics Soft Serve Eye Shadow - Bounce Around

4.3

on 1/17/2017 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I believe this is LE, but i would repurchase it. Bounce Around looks like a rosy mauve/pink in the jar (very, very similar to Burberry Eye Color Cream in Dusky Mauve), but on my lid reads like a translucent eye gloss--very shimmery and with little color. When I swatched it on my hand, I thought I'd return it, but wow, what it does for my (deep-set, aged/aging, dark-lidded) eyes! This shadow makes me look awake. It is very shimmery, almost glittery, but I had no fallout on application or throughout the day, and gives a wet look that's very flattering but, unlike eye gloss, doesn't crease. (I applied it over MAC Paint Pot in Painterly and dusted a very little loose powder in the crease, but that's it.) It applies easily over other cream shadows, so it would work very well to lighten a dark shade or to liven up a matte one, and I like that versatility. I'm shocked but pleased with this product. It is indeed similar to Chanel's and Burberry's versions of this type of shadow, but it's better packaged and much cheaper. I used a finger to apply, which I think is necessary to get any effect from it, so it makes for a quick, sophisticated, wide-awake look when paired with liner and mascara. What's not to like (except for the lack of pigment, if you expect it to look on the eye as it does in the package)? I'm in love and I hope this jar lasts forever. It''s great when something you think you'll hate turns out to be something you love.

on 11/13/2016 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ordered this online and was really expecting not to like it when it arrived. Unlike MAC's description, this is very silvery and glittery in the container. But I'm surprised by how much I like it. I only apply it on my eyelid and it really makes my eyes pop. It looks more dewy on than I would expect. I also imagine it will last forever if I keep the lid on tightly. I apply it with my fingertip, use just a tiny amount, and then blend it with a shadow brush. Ok for me for work because of the dewy look and imagine I could layer it for evening.

on 6/4/2016 11:47:00 AM

The Soft Serve line seems to be MAC's answer to "bouncy" gel/cream/powder hybrid shadows (like Chanel's Illusion d'Ombre shadows). Bounce Around is described as a light cool taupey silver.

This shadow seems like a silvery mauve-taupe on me (NW15), with a nice texture. It goes on smoothly and it's easy to blend. The pigmentation is somewhat lacking though--it's relatively sheer, and it's glittery with a fair amount of fall out. I ended up with noticeable glitter under my eyes after an hour or two.

I like this over a matte e/s (Bobbi Brown Slate looks good under this), but by itself, it just appears to be a silvery glittery shadow. There's a lot of sparkle in this one, so (for me) it's not work-appropriate, but a fun evening look.