BeneFit Cosmetics Goof Proof Brows

BeneFit Cosmetics Goof Proof Brows
Goof Proof BrowsGoof Proof BrowsGoof Proof Brows

4.2

on 3/26/2018 2:57:00 PM

I received this full size as a free gift when I purchased the new BeneFit palette "Pretty in the USA"..its a good product...the shape and texture is exactly like Maybelline's new Total Temptation brow pencil(which I love)..so even though I do like the Goof Proof pencil, I will just repurchase the one by Maybelline for under $8 @ Walmart... I do recommend the Goof Proof as a good product, there are just much cheaper products that work just as well.

I previously had the brow powder from Benefit and that lasted for ages. Then I really wanted to try a pencil for a more precise application, tried the nyx precision pencil however I had to buy another one every month. That was £8(£9?) so I decided to give the goof proof a go as the quantity of product is definitely larger for the benefit one. I am glad I did, it lasts better, I like both the consistency and the colour. Overall very happy, will definitely repurchase 😊😊

on 2/4/2018 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I've been using the Benefit precision pencil in number 4 for a while now I like the formula and the color is perfect but I had been wanting to try this pencil for a while and it finally came back in stock at my local ULTA after months. The formula is nice and it's easy to apply but the color is not the same as the precision pencil. Both are advertised as neutral cool toned but this a noticeably warmer brown. It was a pretty obvious difference when swatched side by side. I had to double check that I hadn't gotten a 3 in the wrong box. Really frustrating

on 12/23/2017 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this pencil! The shape is a great 2-in-1, can use the wider end for a quick filling and then define the tail of my brow with the pointed tip. Super easy to use, great when I'm in a rush. Found a great shade match and lasts all day on my oily skin. It is pricey though, but haven't found anything comparable to it.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Brows are everything to me! I look at everyone's brows and think of how they could be improved! Lol I can't help myself! I used to post on fotd aott to offer my suggestions. After a long break I'm back on mua and wanted to say I also tried the sample and enjoyed using it.

on 12/22/2017 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got this as a free deluxe size sample from Ulta and I'm glad I got the chance to try it out. I didn't think it was anything special and prefer Too Faced or Anastasia. I will not repurchase.

I'm one of the lucky few that doesn't have to do too much to my brows, so I really haven't paid much attention as far as brows go. I may tweeze a couple of strays and trim any lengthy, unruly hairs and that's about as extensive as it gets. In the recent past, I've used brow powders, and the package from the Ulta brow powder had broken which had given me a perfect excuse to find a new product.

Since I'm no pro at brows, I wanted something that would be simple to use and be a bit more precise to add a little more shape and to fill in the sparse spots.

For starters, I pleased to see that it was retractable, so I didn't have to worry about product drying out. I also like the shape, as it allowed me to fill in any spots, and the product was soft enough to blend without having it looking harsh. I would recommend this to anyone brow beginners or brow pros alike.

on 11/1/2017 2:57:00 AM

I love this so much that I bought 3,4 and 5 as my hair colour faded and then got darkened within the past year. Love the shape and precision I'm able to get by tipping the pencil towards the end with a tapered tip to get the brows on point. The formula glides on easily, yes it is pigmented, so if you don't want it too dark, I would use a pencil brush to blend the product towards the front to have it more faded and to avoid brick in the middle of the forehead. I honestly rarely use the spoolie end but it is nice to have if you have unruly hairs. I wish I didn't impulse buy and got the smaller size (I know they sell it in shade 3) because I've been using it daily and everytime I turn it up to see how much I've got, I still always have a lot.

I don't think they have as much of lasting power if you perspire a lot, get really oily around the forehead, or if you have the habit of touching your brows/forehead. In this case, perhaps a gel or tint will work better because sometimes the inner part of my brows disappear on me but it's a small issue since it is usually at the end of a humid day after blotting off perspiration and of course oil removes makeup. I don't have those types of days very much though, so I still enjoy this pencil and find easiest to use with the width of my brows. Those with a finer tip take awhile longer to fill in my brows so for the shape I have, I enjoy the angled shape to this. Would like to see a reddish brown in this range. The browns lean to the yellow side so it's not a perfect match when I have reddish hair. As much as it is excessive to have so many brow pencils, I would get another one if they had other colours. xD

on 8/17/2017 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the perfect lazy person's pencil. This is expensive, so I tried to find a drugstore dupe for this, but I have not found anything that is even close to this, based on the following factors:

Pros:
Shape: allows filling in my patchy spots AND make hair like strokes for building the brows and adding a tail
Lasting power: lasts all day
Texture: Great creamy texture

Cons:
Price

The closes drugstore dupe is the No7 Beautiful Brow Pencil but that is so chalky. I'm willing to pay the extra $ to get the beautiful formula that Goof Proof Brows has.

on 10/21/2017 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Unfortunately this leaves my eyebrows too dark with just a few strokes, if you're into that look then you'll like this pencil, but for me I feel it's too harsh looking, especially on my pale skin. The sales assistant persuaded me to buy this in the shade 4 - medium as she said the shade 3 (that I wanted) had reddish tones? and I'm a brunette (and don't want red tones on it either). Maybe she gave me a shade that's too dark as her brows where extremely harsh as well. Do love the packaging and not needing to sharpen it though, but try it first and don't just go with what the sales assistant wants. It's expensive so I'll just have to keep using it until it runs out and then I'll try the benefit's "gimme brow" instead to see if it looks more natural.

Popular Brows Products