benefit Cosmetics Goof Proof Brow Pencil

benefit Cosmetics Goof Proof Brow Pencil
Goof Proof Brow PencilGoof Proof Brow PencilGoof Proof Brow PencilGoof Proof Brow Pencil

4.1

on 11/16/2018 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I received a sample of this in an ulta order. I had not tried a mid-end brow pencil prior and was excited to see this sample, even though it was very small.

The color was a decent enough match: number 3 "medium brown" was a taupey warm leaning brown with red undertones. Although this was a tiny sample, the product was presented in a way to mimic the full size: the pencil shape was a wide tear-drop shape.

I ended up very unimpressed with the product overall. I'm sure this works for some people just fine, but this was a very stiff product and I'm sure I lost brow hairs with every application. The color was taupe almost too-light, but with the red undertones I did not want to apply any more than necessary product.

After it was applied, the product would tend to smear if I touched my brows. I tend to have dry skin, but this somehow made me more oily. I would find that it would not last all day. It didn't completely disappear, but it didn't stay around with full impact.

The product was advertised as "soft, glide-on color, 12-hour, waterproof-wear." In my experience it did the opposite of all these claims.

on 11/1/2018 3:35:00 AM

I bought this in the travel sized version because I heard so many good stuff about benefit itself but never brought myself to purchase any of them cause of its price tag!

I use medium 03 and my brows are naturally black in colour.

The shade itself is a good match as its very neutral and doesn't look too overpowering on my face.

How do I put this.....I don't love it, but I don't hate it either! The brow pencil has an angular shape which I found it a bit tough to draw, but its workable. The size of the pencil itself is slightly thick for my liking so I have to be very cautious so that I won't overdraw them too thick and dark.

My brows grow out really fast - so I only like using this pencil when I freshly get my brows threaded -- since they already have the shape, and all I need to do is fill in lightly with this pencil, and its very pigmented, bam I am good to go. My brows look sharp and neat. I use Essence make me brow to set the pencil and lasts me for a good 8-10 hrs with no touch ups.

I'd rather go back to my Tarte brow mousse that comes with a brush and I have a lot more control to draw the shape of my brows.

Another thing - the travel sized version does not come with a spoolie!

Otherwise, this product is overall ok. I wouldn't recommend, but I would still gladly use this pencil till the very end!

Hope this somehow helps!

on 10/27/2018 1:39:00 AM

I found that the pencil tip was a bit too bulky, and the formula too heavy to fill in my brows with light, natural strokes. I have pretty light, fine brows so its important for me to be able to have control over how thick or thin the lines are - otherwise they end up looking quite boxy and drawn on. Perhaps this product has a learning curve, or is better for thicker, already defined brows. After using it for a couple of months, I'm going to give this one a pass.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the formula of this pencil, but I feel like in comparison to the precisely my brow pencil it is hard to work with. I know that that is a preference thing, but I feel like the shape of this pencil makes it hard to fill in the front of my brows and that overall it is much easier and quicker to use the precisely my brow pencil. This product just has too thick of a stroke for me. The only thing I found that this product was better at was creating a sharp line at the bottom of my brow, but I wouldn't purchase the product just for that purpose. If you like pencils with this shape or thick blocker brows, you'll love this but if you are a beginner or looking for a natural looking brow go with the precisely my brow pencil.

on 9/11/2018 8:49:00 AM

Maybe I got a bad stick but this stuff has the consistency of a crayola ! Hard and like a big stiff unmovable piece of creepy color brown wax. I felt like it was taking my brows off rather than enhancing. It was so so when I blew a hot hair dryer on it. I don’t have time for that. Back it went. Yuck !

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Love love love this product. I have been using this consistently for about 2 years now and I have no desire to try anything else. It has a smooth, easy to blend formula. It is easy to draw on and brush through with the spoolie provided and has a very natural finish. I noticed that after a while the formula clings to my actual brow hairs and looks thicker. I have received compliments on my "naturally" thick brows as it does not look fake or purposely drawn on. I use these almost everyday and they last for quite a while so they are well worth the price ($42 AUD). Will definitely repurchase.

I used to use maybelline and rimmel brow pencils but stopped to use this. Once I finished my goof proof I went back to my maybelline and rimmel pencils and really noticed the difference. Benefit goof proof was much better :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Formula is soft and easily blendable. Not completely waterproof, but wearability is very good. Retractable, so the formula doesn't dry out. Great for people who are just beginning to color their brows, or people like me who just want a quick and easy touch-up. A little expensive, but worth it for me. I haven't found a cheaper alternative that is as easy to use or as convenient.

on 3/26/2018 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received this full size as a free gift when I purchased the new BeneFit palette "Pretty in the USA"..its a good product...the shape and texture is exactly like Maybelline's new Total Temptation brow pencil(which I love)..so even though I do like the Goof Proof pencil, I will just repurchase the one by Maybelline for under $8 @ Walmart... I do recommend the Goof Proof as a good product, there are just much cheaper products that work just as well.

I previously had the brow powder from Benefit and that lasted for ages. Then I really wanted to try a pencil for a more precise application, tried the nyx precision pencil however I had to buy another one every month. That was £8(£9?) so I decided to give the goof proof a go as the quantity of product is definitely larger for the benefit one. I am glad I did, it lasts better, I like both the consistency and the colour. Overall very happy, will definitely repurchase 😊😊

on 2/4/2018 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I've been using the Benefit precision pencil in number 4 for a while now I like the formula and the color is perfect but I had been wanting to try this pencil for a while and it finally came back in stock at my local ULTA after months. The formula is nice and it's easy to apply but the color is not the same as the precision pencil. Both are advertised as neutral cool toned but this a noticeably warmer brown. It was a pretty obvious difference when swatched side by side. I had to double check that I hadn't gotten a 3 in the wrong box. Really frustrating

Popular Brows Products