Cover Girl Clean Matte BB Cream for oily skin

Cover Girl Clean Matte BB Cream for oily skin

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Sodium Chloride, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, PVP, Silica, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylonitrile/Methyl Methacrylate/Vinylidene Chloride Copolymer, Trihydroxystearin, Arachidyl Behenate, Methicone, Sodium Benzoate, Synthetic Wax, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Ethylene Brassylate, Behenic Acid, Polyethylene, May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 11/27/2017 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Another great product by Covergirl. This is very similar to the Ready Set Gorgeous foundation. I can only find Ready Set Gorgeous at Walmart so I'm not sure if it is being replaced by this product. Nonetheless, I have been back to checking out drugstore brands. They have been stepping up their game and I love to save $ especially if the product performs like a high end. I have this in Light/Medium. It's not 100% perfect with color matching but for price....not going to complain too much. I may try Light next. I'm NC25ish for reference. I totally recommend this if you have oily skin. I like this better than Colorstay.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

NOT DISCONTINUED! I got this recently from Kroger. Warning: this runs *very* dark. I hate to see what how really fair skin folks feel about this BB. I ordered 530 Light-Medium of Ebay it was hideous orange && v. dark. (Returned) I wear 510 Fair it’s a good match blends away to nothing like perf skin altou runs pink-y I’m yellow for my winter NC20 skin & I ordered 520 Light to mix with it to make my perf shade I can use the 520 Light when I get a bit of sun too. I’m glad it doesn’t have SPF bcoz that causes flashback on cam & my skin likes a bit of sun. This is moderate coverage. It looks like good skin! & not complaining but it doesn’t break me out. It stays matte pretty good nothing is perfect I’ve come across yet. This is HG for me! I’ve been using this for a short while but it’s my fave “foundation” hands down! Cheap, readily available & an Answer to my oily prayers! #winning mix this w some talcum powder in ur hand or fdtn palette it will last all day!!! #downtowntriplecrown #HGstatus

on 10/20/2017 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is really nice. It's been awhile since I've ventured to the drugstore for a base product, but I was intrigued. I've got combo/oily, acne prone skin and this wears really well on me without setting. I apply with fingers and this blends into my face very easily and looks like skin. I still have to blot, but I ALWAYS have to blot. This holds up better than higher end products.

on 10/20/2017 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Ugh. After reading all the rave reviews, I broke down and bought 2 of these - fair and light. I couldn't decide what shade I was, and find that mixing both shades gives me a perfect match - but a bit closer on the pink side.

I don't see this at all as a BB cream. It has no skin benefits. It doesn't even have the consistency of a BB cream (comparing to Burt's Bees which I really like but is too glowy for my skin and even Tarte's tinted moisturzier) - this is pretty much like light foundation. I've tried CG Outlast Stay Fabulous, but it's a bit thick for the minimal coverage I need? So I thought I'd try this.

Only 4 hours in - and I'm a bit disappointed. It's matte, but I had to blot after 3 hours. (and that's after using a setting powder and setting spray.) Which puts this in the same area as all the other foundations I've tried (and I use primer). This stuff looks exactly the same on my skin as Outlast Fabulous. Can look a little cakey (brush application) but if I don't want cakey and use a sponge, it'll make my skin get super oily too fast...so I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. As for oxidization - yes and no. I found this to oxidize only a bit just like every other foundation - nothing extreme. This may have to do with me wearing a primer. I'm NC20 and light would be the best. Fair is probably too light alone, which is why I mix.

I see this product as yet another I have sitting around (Outlast, Rimmel, Tarte, Colorstay...) to use up and rotate as 'meh' in my foundation collection (unless it breaks me out). May consider mixing in with other foundations to see if I can find something that works. But matte, yes - upon application. After a few hours - it's just the same.

on 10/11/2017 11:16:00 AM

Oh Covergirl, you really had to do me like this ?!
I LOVED this foundation... i mixed a bit of this with some baby power, and it stayed ALL damn day on my extremely oily t-zone. I barely had to blot, it COVERS EVERYTHING flawlessly and in one quick application, its cheap and so convenient to purchase.

However... it broke me out SO flippin' bad!!! I was using this for a solid week and a half, and didn't notice any flare ups initially. Near the end of the week, i noticed small tiny white zits all along my forehead, on my temples, and on my chin.

I am not sure what is in this that made my skin freak the F out, but I had to throw it out.

Anyone with oily, non-sensitive skin, give this a try!

on 10/8/2017 9:28:00 PM

I have repurchased this product many times. NOTHING keeps my oily skin matte like this product! Honestly Amazing! And soooo cheap.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I am completely in love with this BB Cream. I wouldn't call it a traditional BB Cream, most BB's I use appear like more of a tinted moisturizer and leave me with an even complexion but not with a lot of coverage. This one wears more like a light foundation but blends like a moisturizer. It's such an effortless product, I can literally apply it with my fingers ten minutes before I leave the house and it's all blended and ready to go. As with many of CoverGirl's face products, it seems to appear darker on the skin than in the tube but the colour I bought is perfect for my current tan summer skin. When I repurchase, I will buy the next lightest shade. I would say that it's alright for oil control but not the best on the market.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this on recommendation from a fellow oily-skinned acquaintance with the promise that it was ‘great’ and ‘lasted all day’. Imagine my disappoint then, when I found that neither of these claims was true for me.

On the positive side the coverage is good, it is matte on application and the packaging is simple, clean and easy to use. But the bad points – although not as many – far outweigh the good ones. First off, it DIDN’T last all day on me. In fact, at best it only lasted about 3 hours after which it started to break down and look patchy. Secondly – and the worst issue for me – it oxidised really badly. And by really badly, I mean I got the lightest shade (510) and within that 3 hour window of it looking OK, my face had gotten 2 shades darker.

I didn’t want to give up on it especially given the glowing recommendation, so I tried mixing it with another BB cream mainly to see if I could stop it from oxidising. Sadly that didn’t work either and eventually I had to admit defeat. Given the numerous top-rated reviews on here I’m guessing this does work for some people, but for me it’s been a real let-down.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I watched ThatTayla on YouTube and she liked this BB Cream. I thought I would give it a try. I have combo,textured,acne prone, with large pores and fine lines. If a foundation is too matte I get oily. If it's too hydrating I get oily. Basically a hot mess. This BB cream keeps me just matte enough throughout the day without looking dry,oily,and or cakey. By the end of the work day I just have a slight glow without touching up. It does not break me out. I set with a powder and my skin looks good. I don't even have to use a primer. For the price I recommend trying it.

on 8/19/2017 3:41:00 AM

I bought this on a whim and didn't have high expectations, but I love it. It has been my go-to base for the past two months. I like it better than my high-end foundations.

It's more like a light coverage foundation than a typical American BB cream. It applies and blends easily with a damp sponge, doesn't break apart on my nose, smooths over dry patches, doesn't settle into lines, looks natural, evens skin tone, and covers moderate discolouration. It also controls the oil on my nose and cheeks for hours. I've been using it on hot, high humidity (often 90%+) days, and it stays put and looks good for at least 10 hours. And when it does fade, it fades gracefully.

BB creams often look too dark, orange, or grey on me, but the Fair (510) shade is a perfect match.