LUSH Outback Mate soap

No Image

on 2/25/2018 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love the color and citrusy scent this imparts. I pick up more of the lemongrass which is one of my favorite scents. This is a great soap to use during hot, summer days and the color alone invokes fond memories of the ocean. It cleans gently but doesn't leave a scent to the skin. I'm definitely getting more of this soap during a sale.

I love the scent and color of LUSH Outback Mate soap! It smells of Eucalyptus. It's scent reminds me of California because you can smell eucalyptus everywhere outside in Cali! The soap is a beautiful blue color, very vibrant for your senses. My only problem with this soap is that it doesn't lather the best. But it smells so invigorating and lovely! A good soap to use in the shower in the mornings to wake up!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This soap is one of my favourites. I can smell the peppermint and lemongrass, which makes for a sharp and clean scent, and is a good pick me up. It lathers up quite well, and it lasts quite long.

What I really love about this soap is that when I use it, I can feel the cooling properties of the peppermint. Its great to use on a sweltering hot summer day, or after exercising. Especially considering the Singapore climate, this soap really helps to cool me down when I've just sweated half my body mass worth of water while exercising. Even after exiting the shower, I could still feel the cooling effect on my skin for a while. It doesn't dry out my skin, and the soap has a gorgeous design that I could stare at hours on end.

The only downside to this soap is that the scent doesn't linger on the skin, which is a shame because I really like it.

on 5/26/2016 8:24:00 PM

I am not allowed to go to Lush very often due to my addiction to buying everything they sell. I love Lush. One of my favorite products by Lush is the soap. It's amazing. I'm so happy they are bringing in new soaps because at one point, they started phasing them out. I purchased the outback mate soap because the color caught my eye. It's a beautiful deep blue that has layers of electric blue through it. The lush website describes the scent as a blend of eucalyptus, peppermint oil, and lemon grass. To me, it smells very fresh and citrusy. I don't get any medicinal smell from this at all. As with all Lush soaps, it's best to cut off a small piece at a time to use. This stuff is expensive. They will cut off a slice for you at the store and I believe it's $31 a pound. I bought a $15 chunk. I cut off a small piece to shower with, enough for about a week and I keep it in a soap tin so when I'm done in the shower, it protects it from melting. The rest of the bar of soap, I store in zip lock baggies an keep it in a cool dark place so it keeps. I've had lush soaps stored this way months and months. The thing I love about lush soap in general is that it cleans your body without drying out the skin. You can smell the scent for hours on the skin after showering. They use high quality ingredients and a lot of care goes into the product. I believe it's well worth the price.