Sephora Collection Beauty Amplifier Set and Refresh Spray

Sephora Collection Beauty Amplifier Set and Refresh Spray

on 10/16/2018 1:00:00 PM

The most fantastic thing in this world ... !!!
Even the driest skin looks moistured and fresh.
Prevents greasy appearance and locks makeup.
Excellent for all skin types...♥️

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is I believe my third purchase of this setting spray. I have used many, many, setting sprays. Matter of fact when I was at Sephora this last time I had returned Urban Decay's "All Nighter", because the spray stream wasn't right. It's sprayed more like in a line than a burst. UD is okay - but there are others out there that are just as good, that aren't as expensive. I was going to purchase Cover FX - but the $30.00 price tag was bothering me. When the attendant totaled my purchases, in the back of my mind I was thinking...do you really want to pay that price for that setting spray? My answer was... NO! Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Cover FX is really great - but I have had great success with this Sephora brand one in past. So I changed it out. I'm glad I did -- it's half the price.

I haven't used it in awhile, I have been using another brand which I love - but it takes forever and a day for them to ship (last time it was 8 days) there was no tracking, the website malfunctioned - the "purchase" button wasn't working properly - and it charged me for two bottles...and customer support wouldn't do anything. I ended up reporting them to the BBB - and they wouldn't even respond to them!!! So needless to say, I"m done with that company!!! I'd love to tell you who they are but - that wouldn't be right!!! Anyway - if you haven't tried the Beauty Amplifier from Sephora -- I recommend it. For $14.00 it certainly won't break the bank!!! It has a great mist, lasts a considerably length of time, and the scent (to me) is refreshing. I really prefer it when dampening eye brushes for applying shadows damp, and also for highlighter. It just seems to work better than some of the others.

If you are super oily like me - a tip I learned from both Nikkia Joy and Wayne Goss - begin your make up application by spraying your face with setting spray, and let it dry. Apply on top of that a dusting of setting powder. Then apply your favorite primer as you normally would. Apply foundation and the rest of your regular makeup routine - followed by setting spray to finish. YES it sounds crazy. What I will tell you is that I do this each and every time I do my make-up. My foundation lasts 12+ hours. The extra layer of powder absorbs oil, and keeps you matte acting as a barrier to your foundation. It just simply works. NO, it doesn't feel heavy - you will not even know it's there, and as an added bonus - the little bit of powder will help you tweeze your brows easier, the powder makes them easier to grip!!! Try it, what's it going to hurt? Have fun!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love setting sprays and my go-to is MAC's Fix Plus, which has more of that glycerine feel to it. But this little guy from Sephora is surely way more lightweight on the skin.

This is a slightly scented product, which I don't mind, because the scent does go away the minute it sets. I love it as my finishing spray, especially if I feel I have over-powered my face a bit. It works every single time. I find myself reaching out for it a lot. Many say it is a dupe of All Nighter - if rumour is true, I'd be very happy, because this product is so affordable. I talk more about the way I use it, as well as other products from the Beauty Amplifier line here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/08/08/Sephora-Collection-Make-Up-Haul-Review). Hope it helps!

on 7/21/2017 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I tried this setting spray and I really liked it. The spray mechanism sprays evenly which is very nice. The spray sets my makeup nicely. This is really a good buy.

This is an awesome setting spray! It takes away the powdery look of my makeup and keeps it looking fresh throughout the day. I love the nozzle on the bottle; the mist is perfect. It isn't as fine as the Kat Von D Lock It Setting Mist but it's lighter than MAC Fix+. It's just right for me. The price is good. I've used Urban Decay's All Nighter for years and I believe this is a bit cheaper, going by price per ounce. It works just as well to! I'm happy I gave this a try. It's definitely a new favorite.

on 6/16/2017 11:54:00 AM

I really like this setting/refresh spray I like to use it after my foundation and powder. I find it cuts the powder and leaves my skin looking flawless pretty much for the whole day. Also when I use this with my makeup I tend to get compliments on my skin. I think it's because it really makes my base look natural. I also like how this product doesn't feel like hairspray on my face. I prefer setting sprays that aren't too stiff on as they can create a shine that I have to cover with powder.

Not this spray though it feels great going on and my makeup lasts all day. The price was reasonable too. I haven't used this to refresh my makeup as I prefer my elf for that because it's a perfect travel size so I use that on the go. I would buy this in travel size for vacations if they have it. It's a great product that really works in my case. Recommended.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

my favorite setting spray! I do love the urban decay all nighter but this one is cheaper and makes my makeup last longer. Highly recommend.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased the travel size of this spray because, while the regular size is better value, I've come to realize that I'm always wanting to try something new so I end up with lots of unfinished products (I'm sure I'm not alone in this). I was fully expecting the spray on this smaller bottle to work poorly but I'm glad to say, it works beautifully, producing a fine, even mist. And this is a great product for setting my makeup - it works every bit as well as far pricier sprays and the fine mist feels so nice going onto my face. The scent is very pleasant and uplifting too - definitely refreshing. I find this product so far superior to Make Up For Ever's setting spray, which has a terrible sprayer that deposits big droplets of product rather than a fine mist. This Sephora spray might replace my Clarins and Tatcha facial mists and I just might spring for the full sized bottle next time and keep this one strictly for travel.

Very good setting spray! I have combo/oily skin. This setting spray really helps if you over powder your face and want to get a natural glow back in your skin. It's dewy but doesn't make me any more oily than normal. I've never had trouble with the sprayer on mine. It puts out a nice fine mist. Love it

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is marketed as a setting spray but I use it as a primer. I don't know how it works, but my god.. "beauty amplifier" is the best name for it. This gives me dewy, glowing skin and keeps my make-up in place all day. (full disclosure: I have an even skin tone and limited blemishes, so I just use a dusting of powder foundation. I don't know how this works with heavy applications of make-up).

There is a caveat... the packaging sucks. The bottle gets clogged easily, but with how good it makes my skin look I'm willing to deal with it.