3.4

$48.00 on Sephora
Shop Now

Reviews

9 months ago

I was really looking forward to trying this as it sounded amazing. But sadly, after paying a small fortune for this product it made my face burn, sting and feel more dry. The next morning? I had a couple of small bumps under the skin on one cheek. (I'm not typically acne prone). I was so disappointed as I really wanted to like this one! Please keep in mind that this is more of a serum and needs to be followed by a moisturiser...which I forgot to do. However; I'm too scared to try it again!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

10 months ago

I decided to try "the littles" to see what the hype was all about. This one didn't do anything for me. Nice consistency, didn't break me out but it didn't do anything either. I have dry skin and an intense hydration boost sounded like a good idea but... that didn't really happen. May work for someone with oilier skin but I think oily skin can do with a good moisturiser and just doesn't need this type of serum that needs something ontop of it. I guess I just don't get the market for this one. It's good packaging so I have it with me if I have long day and I need hydration mid-day, much like I would use any other light moisturiser when I have no makeup on. But it just doesn't add anything to my 'regular' routine.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Olive

HairBlack

1.0

Breakout city.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair

a year ago

I bought Drunk Elephant Littles set at great cost - £90. It included several “trial sizes” of different DE products which have all been really underwhelming. The B Hydra serves a purpose and has a helpful place in your overall skin routine. I’ve used the whole pump bottle and can report that it is no different to the hydrating effect I had from similar products. I have also used Bioderma Hydrabio Moisturising Concentrate and indeed Labs Hydration Booster Serum and find them all indistinguishable. I would not repurchase Drunk Elephant as I genuinely cannot see any difference to cheaper options. Having been grossly disillusioned by the costs of skincare and hype, I have tried to see through the marketing and understand how products work. So, in future, I’ll personally choose other options to complement my routine. Would not repurchase.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

a year ago

Ehhhh, there isn't much to say about this one. I finished it due to the price and the rave reviews, hoping I'd see something more to it. For note I have normal to dry skin. I need extra hydration and thought a hydrating serum could help in that. This one, while feeling nice, didnt add anything spectacular to my routine. I was using it in order of: DE B-Hydra, Laniege mousse, and then a light layer of Masque Vernix. In the day I used it as DE B-Hydra, Keihls Daily concentrate and then makeup. I didnt notice any difference with or without in terms of moisture goes. I did notice, however, that my skin got a bit dry if I went too long after applying this and adding another layer of something. It got a bit tight like their was some essential oil in it. So, no I will not be repurchasing this and I am unsure how far my exploration into DE will be.

About reviewer (104 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrunette

1.0

a year ago

I LOVE Drunk elephant products. I can not live without my c-firma day serum. BUT, this stuff makes my face super dry and have rough patches with peeling. I have ezcema, something in this flares it up super bad. The only other product that has been this bad was my Laura Mercier Luminizing primer & Lancome moisturizer. I tried a few things with this to make sure the b-hydra was the issue. It sure was unfortunately!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

Well...I don't think I can live without this. I am on my second bottle...it's expensive, but my skin needs it. I use it neat to moisturize...mix it with my DE serums, which seems to help them absorb more quickly and completely...my skin is perfectly hydrated...plumped up and bouncy.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

3.0

a year ago

Everything about this product is quite average. It claims to help with dullness, uneven skintone, and dryness. As a person with oily/combination skin, I did not find it to be intensely hydrating or helpful with my skintone, which suffers from the occasional acne scar or two. Even during the summer while using this, I prefer to use a heavier cream on top of it for added moisture because I really don't think using this alone is enough. This is best suited for a morning routine or for a person who suffers from sensitivity to most moisturizers. This has no scent and does not irritate my skin. The most annoying thing about this gel other than it's mediocrity is the hefty price tag. Despite the lovely and airtight packaging, the price tag is ridiculous at $52 for 1.69 oz. I don't mind shelling out money for skincare, but this product just isn't worth it. I do really think that the C-Firma Day Serum by Drunk Elephant is totally worth the price tag though. If you are looking for a gel moisturizer, try the $28 Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel or the $20 CosRX Oil-Free Ultra Moisturizing Lotion. They both have a gel texture and go on the skin beautifully without making it greasy.

About reviewer (222 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

a year ago

I’m in the minority but I really enjoy this. I use it as a mixing medium for my oil treatments. I appreciate the airtight packaging. This is not a moisturizer for me- it’s a hydrating serum. I have normal to dry skin but I don’t think it would be enough even on oilier skin. It’s a component of my skincare routine that I enjoy and I use it daily with different oils. Of course I could mix my oils with something else but this doesn’t irritate my skin. Makeup layers well over it in my experience.

About reviewer (74 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Medium

3.0

a year ago

I got a mini size of this because it came with the mini sized C-Firma that I bought for travel. Just used it up today (got probably 15 uses out of it) and don't have much to say other than... I was unimpressed. I honestly felt like it did nothing for my "normal" skin, and definitely wouldn't describe this product as "intensely hydrating." Pros: lightweight & refreshing feel, no noticeable scent. Cons: not very moisturizing, had a tendency to make my skin feel sticky.

About reviewer (50 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral