Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream shadow stick - Nude Beach

Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream shadow stick - Nude Beach

on 12/22/2017 11:08:00 AM

I love this! Color is perfect - by day it provides contrast for my heavy eye lid, making it recede, in darker lighter it is actually darker, and it lasts and lasts. It's there the next morning if I don't scrupulously wash the eye area. Love.

on 12/22/2017 9:55:00 AM

Formula: I love the formula of these sticks. I have the BB cream shadow that comes in a pot as well in the shade 'Stone', Laura Mercier caviar stick in 'Copper' and MAC paint pot in 'Vintage Selection'. Among these I love the formula of the BB sticks best. It's creamy and blends easily with fingers. Pigmentation us also top notch in line with LM and MAC paint pot. BB cream shadow in pot is a very sheer formula in comparison with the stick. LM wear time is 3-4 hrs on my lids. MAC paint pot is 6-8 hrs. Bobbi Brown cream shadow stick wears for 8-10 hours as good as applied. It also remains on the lid if I sleep with makeup on. After blending with fingers the finish is seamless but still opaque. Feels like nothing on the skin. No tacky dried feeling that comes with some cream shadows after they've dried down. No creasing.

I already have taupe which is a brown caramel color slightly darker than my lids. I'm nc41 in the MAC studio fix powder foundation and have pigmented lids. I expected nude beach to be a tad lighter than taupe but in the same color family based on swatches in the Internet. I also swatched it in store. It appeared a milky pinkish taupe. But fortunately for me it looks neutral/my lids but better on my lids with only a slight hint of pink/mauve barely noticeable. On lighter skin tones, it appears more brown based on Internet swatches. It is more pink than the cream shadow (pot) in 'stone' and lighter. Taupe is clearly a caramel brown in comparison and way warmer than Nude Beach. Nude beach is perfect for me to cover and neutralize pigmented lids or for minimal makeup days. Be wary of the mauve undertones if your skin has a tendency to play up such tones. On someone with deeper skin tone than me, I fear it may appear a little ashy. So please consider this before you buy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I like a lot of Bobbi Brown products, including this one, but I won't re-purchase because it's too similar to MAC's Laying Low paint pot. The paint pot is cheaper and there's more product in the jar.

Bobbi Brown's long wear cream shadow stick is definitely long wearing and the texture also feels similar to MAC's paint pots. (no surprise as both companies are both owned by Estee Lauder)
Nude Beach is a bit darker than Layin' Low and it would make an excellent base as well.
It's perfect for a 'no makeup' look, especially for NC30 and darker skin tones.
Bobbi Brown's website describes as it as greyish taupe with a hint of shimmer. I agree with the colour description but I definitely don't see any shimmer at all. It looks very matte to me.

If you're looking for a matte cream eyeshadow stick, check out Bobbi Brown's offerings. Price is $34 CAD.